What are our thoughts on Rob Housler?

cage

My point was I think we want a pass catching tight end but I think they view blocking just as important. Especially if plays like this are going to work.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000392113/article/cordarrelle-patterson-percy-harvin-illustrate-jet-sweeps-power

This clip just makes me think about how under utilized Spiller was, and how this is something we certainly could have done to take advantage of his open-field skills.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want a blocking TE, here is your guy...

Cameron Clear TE Texas A&M 6'6" 277 4.85 40 yd. projected 7th round

Clear is a big athlete that has spent most of his time on the high school level playing tight end. His future is on the offensive line though at offensive tackle. He has great size, he has great leg drive, and he is very athletic. His move to OL will take some time because he will need to learn the position, but he has the tools to be a very good one there. His upside is very high because of his body, feet, and athleticism. - Chad Simmons

Jason Peters 2.0

PS - Clear is a bulkier tight end who could move to tackle in the NFL, but some teams might view him as an inline tight end who can improve as a receiver. According to Charean Williams, Clear met with scouts from the Patriots, 49ers and Browns during his pro day workout.

I'm not familiar w/ him, but interesting blurb in this 2nd wave of free agency piece. Doesn't mention the Bills, but....

"Reminiscent of former Cowboys star Jay Novacek, Housler is a freakishly athletic tight end underutilized in Arizona. Bruce Arians asks his tight ends to block first and foremost, which left "move" tight end Housler without a role. He could break out for 50 catches and 700 yards in the right offense, like Atlanta's."

I like him more than clay

I think the knock on him is he's not much of a blocker

a big "WR" never hurt

Just draft a big TE in the second rnd then Sean Mannion in the 3rd, then a LB,...

Clear sounds like a good fit - thanks for pointing him out.

can get a big TE and Mannion latter.

I like Blake Bell the Belldozer, 6'6" 265 and a tremendous short yardage back

Like the sound of him, has the prototypical size Clay lacks. Clay's lack of size really concerns me he will never develop into the red zone target we need. 4.55/40 has the speed we need too. Good route runner. Reminds of Fleener, but hasnt had the good luck to play with a QB Luck.

Edited by JTSP

Like the sound of him, has the prototypical size Clay lacks. Clay's lack of size really concerns me he will never develop into the red zone target we need. 4.55/40 has the speed we need too. Good route runner. Reminds of Fleener, but hasnt had the good luck to play with a QB Luck.

Watched the video, that Skelton guy looked pretty good, wonder if they'd take Mario Williams for him straight up?

If that's the concern why didn't they just re-sign Lee Smith? I'm not sure Charles Clay is being pursued because of blocking skills?!?

The comment was "we need a pass catching tight end." But we don't have any blocking tight ends and only pass catching tight ends on our team. Who's going to block? So you think because we didn't sign Smith it's not a concern?

Edited by Triple Threat

If we had a QB I'd be more interested.

So who would you suggest? Bills have brought in Cassell and Taylor. Who's out there and available that's better than the three we have? Intentionally leaving out Tuel because I don't believe he is a factor, but I would be curious to see who you think is available to be brought in.