Would you, right now, trade EJ for Tannehill? Chapter 2

FireChan

222 members have voted

1. 1. EJ for Tanny straight up?

• Yes
    • No

A repeat of last year's, with a poll! http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/170205-would-you-right-now-trade-ej-for-tannehill-straight-up/

For me, it's a yes.

Try not to turn this into a full EJ topic. I want to get a baseline on the career's of two young QB's in the AFC East, not talk Matt Cassel.

Edited by FireChan

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, without hesitation. I wouldn't trade for Tannehill with the intention of paying him a massive amount of money though. Tannehill is by far the better QB at this point. Bills fans can only hope that EJ improves as Tannehill did and put up the kind of numbers he did last year.

Yes, without hesitation. I wouldn't trade for Tannehill with the intention of paying him a massive amount of money though. Tannehill is by far the better QB at this point. Bills fans can only hope that EJ improves as Tannehill did and put up the kind of numbers he did last year.

You'd trade EJ for a one year rental? Tanny is gonna get paid a massive amount of money by somebody.

This is stupid and another sad attempt to put EJ down. Of course at this point, you have to take Tannehll. But here's their first 4 games last year:

Tannehll - 93/ 155, 60%, 902 yards, 5.8 ypa, 6 tds, 3 ints, 2 fumbles, 0 rushing tds. W-L: 2-2 http://www.nfl.com/player/ryantannehill/2532956/gamelogs

Manuel - 76/131, 58%, 838 yards, 6.4 ypa, 5 tds, 3 ints, 1 fumble, 1 rushing td. W-L: 2-2 http://www.nfl.com/player/ejmanuel/2539228/gamelogs

Seems like 2 young qbs who got off to very similar starts. Except our gutless coach benched our guy and the Miami coaches, despite whining by fans and media, stuck with Tannehill. And he improved. Tannehill has Aaron Rodgers' old OC and a guy from Chip Kelly's staff. We had guys who worked with Ryan Nassib in the Big East who turned a 9-7 record into assistant coaches jobs with the Jags.

But there is one place EJ is clearly ahead of him. He's one and zero versus him. In fact, the only Bills QB to lose to Tannehill is the veteran upgrade and your hero Kyle Orton.

You'd trade EJ for a one year rental? Tanny is gonna get paid a massive amount of money by somebody.

Yes because EJ isn't any good. Best case scenario with EJ is that he puts up numbers similar to what Tannehill put up last season. That would be EJ playing out of his mind good which I don't think he's capable of. I'm willing to take Tannehill for a season, let some other team massively overpay for him and try and take another QB in 2016 when we have more draft picks to work with. I don't see EJ as a long term solution to our QB problems.

This is stupid and another sad attempt to put EJ down. Of course at this point, you have to take Tannehll. But here's their first 4 games last year:

Tannehll - 93/ 155, 60%, 902 yards, 5.8 ypa, 6 tds, 3 ints, 2 fumbles, 0 rushing tds. W-L: 2-2 http://www.nfl.com/player/ryantannehill/2532956/gamelogs

Manuel - 76/131, 58%, 838 yards, 6.4 ypa, 5 tds, 3 ints, 1 fumble, 1 rushing td. W-L: 2-2 http://www.nfl.com/player/ejmanuel/2539228/gamelogs

Seems like 2 young qbs who got off to very similar starts. Except our gutless coach benched our guy and the Miami coaches, despite whining by fans and media, stuck with Tannehill. And he improved. Tannehill has Aaron Rodgers' old OC and a guy from Chip Kelly's staff. We had guys who worked with Ryan Nassib in the Big East who turned a 9-7 record into assistant coaches jobs with the Jags.

But there is one place EJ is clearly ahead of him. He's one and zero versus him. In fact, the only Bills QB to lose to Tannehill is the veteran upgrade and your hero Kyle Orton.

Exactly. Manuel and Tannehill had almost identical stats after their first year in terms of completion %, TD%, INT %, AY/A, etc. I doubt many people would have traded Manuel for Tannehil straight up based solely on their first seasons...

I can see what because facts are meaningless to you. You're awful.

You answered the question with your second sentence. Your tired defense of "rah rah Kyle Orton, rah rah 1 win against Tanny because he's only been good/healthy to play him once" means nothing in this topic.

Edited by FireChan

Exactly. Manuel and Tannehill had almost identical stats after their first year in terms of completion %, TD%, INT %, AY/A, etc. I doubt many people would have traded Manuel for Tannehil straight up based solely on their first seasons...

I think people underestimate how big of a coward Marrone was. But at least the gamble paid off and we will still got him and Orton. Great move.

We'll never know that.

I know I would've traded Manuel for Tanny looking at Manuel's first and Tanny's second season.