Bills offered more to Bulaga than signed for

I'm on the road and don't have link but someone can find one. Apparently the Bills offered more money to Bulaga than he signed for to stay with Pack. So it's not like they are not trying or have no plan or ignoring OL takes two to tango.

Brandt is reliable and doesn't through crap out there. It doesn't help of course.

It came from Gil Brandt

Thanks KtD, good to know. Unfortunately Buffalo is at a disadvantage signing free agents, and I can understand wanting to stay with GB. Reportedly, the OL there are a pretty tight group, too.

The Bills have had a plan this offseason and have tried to execute it. They have had some success (McCoy, Felton, Incognito,Hughes), some failures (McCown, Bulaga) and some TBDs (Clay, Harvin) but for the most part they have executed their plan.

And the vision seems pretty clear I think, even if it takes more time. Anyone with a bit of sense sees the plans starting to form.

:w00t::lol: :lol: :lol:

could we have said the same for Jerry? Jerry wanted to finish - unfinished business - glad it worked out the way it did,

Hughes' heart was with the Bills. you got love that. he got paid but he wanted to be here and took a little less.

Just have to rag on the whiners who always think the worst of us.

Hughes' heart was with the Bills. you got love that. he got paid but he wanted to be here and took a little less.

Just have to rag on the whiners who always think the worst of us.

I'm with you on that! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

So there is such thing as a hometown discount

CBF

until there is !! lol

The Bills have had a plan this offseason and have tried to execute it. They have had some success (McCoy, Felton, Incognito,Hughes), some failures (McCown, Bulaga) and some TBDs (Clay, Harvin) but for the most part they have executed their plan.

I'd much rather have Cassel than McCown if I had to pick between the 2.

It came from Gil Brandt

I'm amazed you could stay awake long enough to hear what he was saying. Every time I listen to GIl Brandt, it's like taking four Ambien is what it is. He's a ridiculously smart guy is what he is but it's like listening to my grandfather explain the importance of tying a good knot is what it is.

Edited by LABillzFan

The Pack was one play away from the Super Bowl. The Bills were 10 players away from the Super Bowl.

The Bills were 10 plays away from the Playoffs.

Letting Manning win, and letting the Raiders win crushing this team hurt.

FRT... The Bills defeated the Packers.

If true, when does the Player's Union come forward and blast him for it?

Isn't this just the standard "home town discount". As already mentioned, Hughes would also have gotten more money if held out for highest bidder. There's a value to players to get paid well, but also to be choose where they want to play and are comfortable with... nothing wrong w/ that

The magic question is how MUCH more? For a small amount why would you want to leave a good team, move, go to a place that needs to insert a new offence, prove your self all over.

yup -- and both bulaga and hughes shopped it to the very end. they werent trying to leave money on the table, but didnt want to leave either. seems a balance was found.

Yep. No question. I don't think players are always as money hungry and mercenaries as fans think.

Like any person working a square job its always easier to stay with what you know. Hughes I assumed had a place in the Buffalo area, knew the area, knew the facilities, knew the staff at the facilities, knew where the good places to eat where, knew the commute, and knew his teammates. People are creatures of habit they like what they know. So when the Bills (Who also have a good on field situation for him) gave him a good offer he wanted he just liked to keep playing in a familiar situation.

I think money is important but I think players are just willing to work out a good deal with the teams they know as opposed to just taking the most money to any situation.

If true, when does the Player's Union come forward and blast him for it?

Blast him for what? This happens multiple times every single year in the NFL. There is absolutely no requirement or even a guideline in the collective bargaining agreement suggesting a player has to take the most dollars.