Marcus Easley - Re-Signed!

KDIGGZ

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd argue he does provide good depth only in that he can fill both spots in a pinch.

Likely every game he will be active due to his special teams play. If some week two WR go down, he can play some snaps that game as a WR as opposed to having to keep another player active who may never play for the game if everyone stays healthy. Is he going to make a difference asa WR probably not, but not likely that the othe guy you may have activated in additon would have made much of a difference either.

In that respect I think he is a valuable asset as fills two spots to some degree.

Can you name a single gunner that wears a wide receiver number that's proven less on offense? I think it'd have to be nearly impossible - though he could surprise someday

Excellent!

I am very happy for Easley. All this time with the Bills and everything appeared to be uncertain for him.

Through all of those tough times, he found a niche on this team as a special teamer, and boy, has he excelled in it.

What a feel good story. Congratulations, Marcus Easley. Your hard work has paid off.

Excellent!

I am very happy for Easley. All this time with the Bills and everything appeared to be uncertain for him.

Through all of those tough times, he found a niche on this team as a special teamer, and boy, has he excelled in it.

What a feel good story. Congratulations, Marcus Easley. Your hard work has paid off.

+1

What about the hyphen though?

The hyphen is correct. If we all saw it used more often, it wouldn't look unusual.

That Tasker fella was a helluva gunner who filled in decently at WR when needed.

I'd argue he does provide good depth only in that he can fill both spots in a pinch.

Likely every game he will be active due to his special teams play. If some week two WR go down, he can play some snaps that game as a WR as opposed to having to keep another player active who may never play for the game if everyone stays healthy. Is he going to make a difference asa WR probably not, but not likely that the othe guy you may have activated in additon would have made much of a difference either.

In that respect I think he is a valuable asset as fills two spots to some degree.

Can you name a single gunner that wears a wide receiver number that's proven less on offense? I think it'd have to be nearly impossible - though he could surprise someday

Let me see... Gee, only Steve Tasker comes to mind.

Let me see... Gee, only Steve Tasker comes to mind.

i was meaning currently in the league -- ie his competition to provide ST services and then specifically be WR depth.

but if you go back 20 years he does have a good peer in that respect. My point being directly related to a poster saying he is good WR depth, and i think questioning that is still pretty fair.

i was meaning currently in the league -- ie his competition to provide ST services and then specifically be WR depth.

but if you go back 20 years he does have a good peer in that respect. My point being directly related to a poster saying he is good WR depth, and i think questioning that is still pretty fair.

Most ST aces don't play their listed offensive or defensive position. Slater in NE immediately comes to mind.

Most ST aces don't play their listed offensive or defensive position. Slater in NE immediately comes to mind.

ok... ill try it again.... is this instance that different?

he has twice as many tackles as he does receiving yards. i was replying to a post that said "good receiving depth..." are you saying he is a good receiver?

ok... ill try it again.... is this instance that different?

he has twice as many tackles as he does receiving yards. i was replying to a post that said "good receiving depth..." are you saying he is a good receiver?

Gotcha. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I don't know about him as WR depth. He looked good against 3rd team defenses two years ago.

Gotcha. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I don't know about him as WR depth. He looked good against 3rd team defenses two years ago.

No worries- I just wasn't sure if it was my communication not being clear or enthusiasm just being high. I like Easley but I wouldn't call him WR depth as much as I'd like to. A guy like hogan as a 4 or 5 is a special teamer that's also wr depth

While my opinion says he can compete for wr spot given a chance can we at least agree he is at minimum an emergency wr on game day? I don't think that's fair to him, but I also don't know that he's ever gotten more than that.