What's all this talk about a #2 receiver need?

Virgil

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Robert woods hurt or something?

I don't see WR as a need at all

Until Watkins proves something in the way of consistency we still need a top #1. Hopefully this will be the season, but if not, ...

So far Watkins is no better than Spiller, for every good game he puts up he puts up two of 30 yards and nothing to write home about. That's insufficient for a #1.

Is Robert woods hurt or something?

I don't see WR as a need at all

Non-Topic. Woods is good. Don't need Crabtree or Britt unless you're giving them cheap deals to come here. We got other needs like OG and TE.

Is James Hardy available? He's tall.

LOL

It's funny how none of the big/tall/physical [(Hardy (2), Mike Williams (FA)],or super fast WRs [Goodwin (3), Graham (3), Easley (4), Parrish (2), Avian Black (4)]here have ever done anything. Our sorry FO just talked about how blazing fast they were while lacking the intellectual wherewithal to be able to see that single asseted players like that rarely if ever pan out in the NFL.

Even Watkins, for what we gave up that trade was a tragic mistake in hindsight, and while fast, what he lacks in consistency completely negates his speed. We'll see how he improves this season, assuming that he does.

Same for Woods, he's not proven himself to be much more than a 3 at this point. This is a very critical season for him in determining his future worth to us or any team.

Until Watkins proves something in the way of consistency we still need a top #1. Hopefully this will be the season, but if not, ...

So far Watkins is no better than Spiller, for every good game he puts up he puts up two of 30 yards and nothing to write home about. That's insufficient for a #1.

Were do we find these people.

Watkins did extremely well last year fighting through injury with sub par OC and QB play

It's not really off base. According to Schefter, the Bills were in discussions w/ Bears for Brandon Marshall. He went to Jets for a 5 th ( that we had just sent to Minny forCassel , ugh! If only we had still had that 5 th. M Williams is no longer on the team and we should have used him more , Marrone clearly didn't like the guy. This WR corps lacks size and red zone threats. We stunk on O last year. It's not crazy talk at all, and we are a bit thin at the position. Would have loved to get Marshall. It seems the Cassel deal cost us a much better player.

It's not really off base. According to Schefter, the Bills were in discussions w/ Bears for Brandon Marshall. He went to Jets for a 5 th ( that we had just sent to Minny forCassel , ugh! If only we had still had that 5 th. M Williams is no longer on the team and we should have used him more , Marrone clearly didn't like the guy. This WR corps lacks size and red zone threats. We stunk on O last year. It's not crazy talk at all, and we are a bit thin at the position. Would have loved to get Marshall. It seems the Cassel deal cost us a much better player.

Ouch, that's a nice kick to the gut! If it helps maybe Marshall wouldn't have been as good of a fit here. I guess he has media of some sort once a week and some speculated that that was somewhat of a distraction and lord knows we don't need any distractions. anyways I was watching some Matt Cassell highlights this morning and I noticed that he was hooking up with Dwayne Bowe pretty nicely. If Bowe were to become available and didn't cost too much I'd be interested in seeing if the Bills were to make a move for him. Here should be the perfect type of WR to offer a 1-2 year prove it type of deal. If so then put Woods in the slot and let Sammy and Bowe man the outside. One would think that if Marshall is only 7.5 M then Bowe can't/shouldn't be close to that. Add in Clay and another TE (Rob Housler?) and this offense would be rocking!

Go Bills!

i could see them taking a run at a guy like Kenny Britt from the Rams if he doesn't re-sign there. Bills were really interested in him last year.

I'd really like that move as well, but I guess Britt has a really strong desire to re-up with Jeff Fisher...

I see what you did there.

Classic thread.

Who did write that? That was one of the dumbest things I've ever read on here. And also, Michael Crabtree is a fine WR but that would be the epitome of a luxury signing. I happen to think that Hogan is a fine #3 as well. We are going to need safety help if Searcy does in fact sign elsewhere.

They are going to move Watkins around a lot more this year I would imagine. Last year, he was strictly an outside guy. Woods can play inside and out, too. Getting a bigger outside receiver would give them alot more flexibility with where they can line up Watkins.