What's all this talk about a #2 receiver need?

Virgil

Saw the harvin tweet in another thread - that would be one that makes me uncomfortable (but harvin McCoy and a healthy Watkins on the field would have electric potential)

I'm with you, I don't like the idea of Harvin only for the locker room issues. On the field he's terrific when he wants to be. If they did sign him, I'd have to believe Goodwin would be toast.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that we're set at WR with: Watkins, Woods, Hogan, Goodwin & Easley. I would love to see some 5 wide sets with these guys in 2015.

Easley is here for ST. He's not good.

Hogan is ok and Goodwin is a question mark. They are all young too. It might be nice to get a veteran in here with that group.

Ideally your depth chart would be:

Watkins

Woods

XXXX

Hogan

Goodwin

Plug, Crabtree or Harvin or Brandon Lloyd in at #3, you are looking pretty deep at that position.

I think your view of a need for a number 2 WR stems from your view of Wood's talent. If you don't think Woods is capable of handling that role than there really isn't a need there. But if you think Woods is more so a slot receiver and Hogan a spread WR/backup then adding a WR maybe necessary.

I honestly think if the team can add a tight end who is a big target in the redzone then they will be fine just adding a capable slot receiver to compete with Hogan at the slot.

Edited by billsfan89

Especially given we don't have a franchise QB and we're going to be a running team, why would Watkins/Woods/Hogan be considered by anyone an inadequate WR corps?

I haven't seen too many people argue that it's entirely inadequate depending upon your definition, but let's face it, it's hardly a group of WRs that is going to give defensive coordinators fits or anything. There's not one game-breaker in the batch right now. A lot of people talk about Watkins like he is, and maybe he was in college, but he wasn't last season. He barely contributed 2/3 of the time. So until it happens, people have been saying the same thing about Spiller for five seasons and he's out the door now and it doesn't appear as if he's going to be any kind of tremendously sought out free agent.

Easley is here for ST. He's not good.

Hogan is ok and Goodwin is a question mark. They are all young too. It might be nice to get a veteran in here with that group.

Ideally your depth chart would be:

Watkins

Woods

XXXX

Hogan

Goodwin

Plug, Crabtree or Harvin or Brandon Lloyd in at #3, you are looking pretty deep at that position.

I kinda think that a lot of Bills fans underrate Hogan.

Edited by TaskersGhost