Bilal Powell RB Jets- Leaning towards Buff

I thought I read a couple weeks ago that if the Bills rolled over what they didn't spend last season, they would have close to $40 Mil in cap space? Who knows the real numbers?

It was low/mid 30s then you drop out the McCoy and cassel hits and it gets you to low 20s

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is the resident "insider". I feel as though he is rising to the level of simply trolling at this point though. But what do I know.

Oh i know what the perspective is here of him.

I have not seen any reason to predict these cuts he/she has spoken to.

But what do i know.

time reveals all.

21 yrs younger also

so lets draft one ?

Oh i know what the perspective is here of him.

I have not seen any reason to predict these cuts he/she has spoken to.

But what do i know.

time reveals all.

so lets draft one ?

Don`t need one. Send Freddy off into the sunset with his gold watch and use what we gots.

Powell is not much of an upgrade to Fred. if at all.
if folks are calling it potential thats one thing.

We still dont know what Brown brings to the table.

I think the Powell talk is just stirring the pot.
There has got to be better options if we are bouncing Brown Boobie or Fred.

Don`t need one. Send Freddy off into the sunset with his gold watch and use what we gots.

But this is fantastic draft for RBs i hear and read. This is the year to draft one. but a between the tackles guy , a bruiser.
Fred will retire soon enough. dont rush it bud.

agree with posts saying why, keep him draft one in 2nd or 3rd and unless Powell plays special teams or linebacker forget him. Jackson is a future coach, keep him on team.

I love Fred Jackson. But anyone who says he wasn't showing his age down the stretch last season is kidding themselves.

Near the end of the season - he was still shifty. But there didn't seem to be the same power in his legs after contact.

with Shady he wont have to the work like last year with fragile Spiller being out. And he can teach on the field.

I love Fred Jackson. But anyone who says he wasn't showing his age down the stretch last season is kidding themselves.

Near the end of the season - he was still shifty. But there didn't seem to be the same power in his legs after contact.

This is true.

But Powell is not the upgrade i would wish for.

Wonder what the thinking is on Boobie right now, Bigger role pounding it? he did have some success. good motor legs churning. Brown is the one i keep a question mark next to.

Injured his groin last year too; most likely was far from 100% after that. Not making excuses, but this was a factor as well...

This is true.

But Powell is not the upgrade i would wish for.

Wonder what the thinking is on Boobie right now, Bigger role pounding it? he did have some success. good motor legs churning. Brown is the one i keep a question mark next to.

I don`t think Moron liked Brown. Whaley does. He hits the hole so much faster than Fred. Then again who doesn`t. Give him Freds carries and he would have a lot more yds. Sorry I see it.

Sounds like Powell wants more money from the Jets

Joe Caporoso

@TurnOnTheJets

The Powell/#Bills talk stinks of Powell's agent trying to get him more money from #Jets, who have been very public about wanting him back...

...potentially as a notice to Spiller to lower his monetary demands. Buffalo traded a pick for Bryce Brown, paid Dixon and McCoy an ungodly amount of money. Now they going to be pay 3M per year for Powell?

I don`t think Moron liked Brown. Whaley does. He hits the hole so much faster than Fred. Then again who doesn`t. Give him Freds carries and he would have a lot more yds. Sorry I see it.

thats fine. You might be right. but not sure what Maron was thinking all season honestly.

Sounds like Powell wants more money from the Jets

Joe Caporoso

@TurnOnTheJets

The Powell/#Bills talk stinks of Powell's agent trying to get him more money from #Jets, who have been very public about wanting him back...

...potentially as a notice to Spiller to lower his monetary demands. Buffalo traded a pick for Bryce Brown, paid Dixon and McCoy an ungodly amount of money. Now they going to be pay 3M per year for Powell?

geez how much is Dixon making ??

Fred Jackson will be cut. Can't keep a back that might barely see the field next year making close to $3 million. It just doesn't make sense.

The real dagger will be when he signs for cheap with the Pats. Bellchick loves him.

Agreed. Wish running back's that could block half as well as him existed.

Injured his groin last year too; most likely was far from 100% after that. Not making excuses, but this was a factor as well...

People want to overlook the fact he was playing on one leg last year... and still was making yards after contact. If he looks slow in camp I'll buy the rumors he's slowing down, until then to me he was just nicked up at the end of the season.