Bilal Powell RB Jets- Leaning towards Buff

The writing is in the wall for our old friend Freddy J....

Imo

nice, Fred is staying. Leroi's status as an insider takes a hit. Just don't take any Jets whaley. they are losers and we know it

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Boobie did OK when he got the chance last year. Highest YPA behind a poor line. I would have liked to see all our RB behind a real O line

agreed. getting the horses pulling in the same direction makes big difference in effectiveness. and those poor souls looked lost sometimes

nice, Fred is staying. Leroi's status as an insider takes a hit. Just don't take any Jets whaley. they are losers and we know it

Leroi was right until Pegula stepped in. But who really cares? Why don't we stop keeping tabs on supposed "insiders" and publicly admonishing when their prognostications turns out to be wrong. Take things with a grain of salt and be grateful some of us have insight.

Leroi was right until Pegula stepped in. But who really cares? Why don't we stop keeping tabs on supposed "insiders" and publicly admonishing when their prognostications turns out to be wrong. Take things with a grain of salt and be grateful some of us have insight.

Exactly. I do not doubt that Leroi's posts reflect the views of some in the Bills' FO. I also want to hear any followup matter2003 can provide.

Good question. It's the context. Guys like Matter2003 who say "I heard this from an inside source I believe" are seldom zinged if they turn out to be wrong. Their credibility may take a little zing but their sincerity is unquestioned and they're appreciated and treated gently. It's the Leroi claiming of the up-close-and-personal (Whaley text, in Boca), use of the plural ("we aren't doing that, we're doing this) that draws skepticism and scrutiny, in my opinion. Well, that and my personal irk the little IMO at the bottom of every Leroi post. Either you've heard something from a source (in which case it's not your opinion) or it's your opinion, in which case you shouldn't be prognosticating about "our plans" and what "we" will do as if you're an insider. "Either or not Both" as someone locally famous would say.

Anyway, you're quite correct that the public admonishers are a bit 'round the bend as well - says more about them than the "inside source" crowd IMO.

Oh, bad form I know - but personally, what I take with a big grain of salt is the whole "Fredex was going to be cut tomorrow, Pegula stopped it" scenario. I think it's a soap opera and probably bears only the vaguest resemblance to what really went on.

Something like "Mr Pegula, Here's a list of proposed cap casualty cuts, this is our recommended priority and the rationale" "Damn that cap! Well, I think you should reconsider and prioritize these two OL guys higher than that RB. I know he's older, but looking at last year's stats he still contributed quite a bit while if you pull off the FA signings you want those two will be breasts on a Boar Hog, am I right?" "I can roll with that assessment, you do realize we may have to cut all three to make the moves that we want?" "Do what you gotta do. Damn that cap!" I could believe.

Edited by Hopeful

Oh, bad form I know - but personally, what I take with a big grain of salt is the whole "Fredex was going to be cut tomorrow, Pegula stopped it" scenario. I think it's a soap opera and probably bears only the vaguest resemblance to what really went on.

Something like "Mr Pegula, Here's a list of proposed cap casualty cuts, this is our recommended priority and the rationale" "Damn that cap! Well, I think you should reconsider and prioritize these two OL guys higher than that RB. I know he's older, but looking at last year's stats he still contributed quite a bit while if you pull off the FA signings you want those two will be breasts on a Boar Hog, am I right?" "I can roll with that assessment, you do realize we may have to cut all three to make the moves that we want?" "Do what you gotta do. Damn that cap!" I could believe.

Only one source clearly indicated Pegula stepped in. The latest article says the executives discussed it and decided not to cut him at this time.

I think it would help if he would be more clear about what is his opinion and what is information.

I think that is why Matter was treated better generally overall. He clearly stated what he heard, take it or leave it, and then clearly stated his opinion on that information.

I think it would help if he would be more clear about what is his opinion and what is information.

I think that is why Matter was treated better generally overall. He clearly stated what he heard, take it or leave it, and then clearly stated his opinion on that information.

If I was high up in the front office, maybe even at the highest level, I might consider adopting a name befitting my status, maybe a regal name, and drop in on a popular team message board from time to time, dropping clues to possible front office moves to gage the water so to speak. What about Rex, hmmm, people seem pleased. EJ - rather quiet, depends what we bring in. Fred - whoa, better back off on that one.

Of course, in the real world, I wouldn't do any such thing. But it's fun to speculate.