Bilal Powell RB Jets- Leaning towards Buff

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3.9 ypc for his career (Spiller wasn't good enough for some with 5 ypc) and 6 tds in 4 years is the definition of a JAG and certainly someone who shouldn't be replacing Jackson.

Again, likely competing with Dixon while brown is probably taking jacksons spot

Edited by NoSaint

I always about your rational takes but I hate everything about this. The hype of Brown is unreal.

I'm fine with the debate there- just don't think bashing Powell is the realistic target if early reports are everyone loves brown and Jackson may be gone regardless of Powell possibly coming

Edited by NoSaint

To put that in perspective, he had a total of 33 carries last year...with no more than 5 in any game.

Because he was mostly used as a pass blocker, which is his better skillset.

But he can run once in a while too.

Edited by BlueFire

I just do not understand the push to sign Powell, with or without Freddy on the roster.

I would like to understand where it comes from. I can't find a thing about it coming from the Bills or anyone who sometimes gets "inside" gouge on the Bills.

It seems to have come from Manish Mehta writing in the New York Daily News about what the Jets believe Powell wants.

I can't find a thing about the Bills wanting him, which is not to say we don't, just to ask if there is actually any evidence that Powel love is real from the Bills side

I would like to understand where it comes from. I can't find a thing about it coming from the Bills or anyone who sometimes gets "inside" gouge on the Bills.

It seems to have come from Manish Mehta writing in the New York Daily News about what the Jets believe Powell wants.

I can't find a thing about the Bills wanting him, which is not to say we don't, just to ask if there is actually any evidence that Powel love is real from the Bills side

tim Graham and Jay Skurski confirmed bills interest

@ByTimGraham: As @JaySkurski reported yesterday, a knowledgable source tells me Bills going after Bilal Powell. If Fred not leaving, Brown's days numbered

Edited by YoloinOhio

@ByTimGraham: As @JaySkurski reported yesterday, a knowledgable source tells me Bills going after Bilal Powell. If Fred not leaving, Brown's days numbered

I'll repeat what I said in another thread. I thought Timmy was now a features guy. So why is he tweeting this stuff (ant that's what I consider it) and not Vic?

Come on, TG, pull the plug and get on with it...

Edited by Lurker

I'm beginning to think that it is very possible that the Bills are talking to Powell and wouldn't mind having him but wouldn't at all mind jacking up the price on the Jets and making them spend more when we are both fighting for guys like Lou Potty or Revis or others.

I'm beginning to think that it is very possible that the Bills are talking to Powell and wouldn't mind having him but wouldn't at all mind jacking up the price on the Jets and making them spend more when we are both fighting for guys like Lou Potty or Revis or others.
That's an interesting thought. I would love for this to be true, as Powell has had a pretty uninspiring career so far, minus that time he carved us up for a buck-fitty :sick: Edited by Alabama

"Knowledgeable source" means what? Someone in Powell's camp? Someone in the Jets camp? Someone in the Bills camp? I'd feel this deserves more credence if it were "source in the Bills FO who spoke on the condition of anonymity" or something like that.

I don't want to diss the report, I'm just suspicious of these things that spring up from who know where and don't make sense, it's not like Whaley is saying "we're going to continue to make a push to sign more RB" he said "we're going to make moves on our OL".

Edited by Hopeful

How can Powell be an upgrade over Bryce or fred? The guy is extraordinarily average.