SF FA guard Mike Iupati (update: going to Cardinals)

CJPearl2

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question. Dareus is the highest priority as the anchor of our defense. As much as I like Hughes, a downgrade in edge rushing would be worth a significant boost in the interior OL play.

:thumbsup: - love to have Hughes back, but someone will overpay him. He's gone and while I am disappointed, I can't blame him for maximizing his value. Must re-sign Dareus as Williams is likely to begin to slow down leaving us a major problem without Dareus. OL is already the major problem.

The Bills are not going to sign Iupati

They just signed Incognito and still have Willians under contract who Whaley seems to like so based on that why would they pursue Iupati?

I'm not saying I agree with that but if you think about it from their point of view I don't think signing Iupati will even be considered.

They just signed Incognito and still have Willians under contract who Whaley seems to like so based on that why would they pursue Iupati?

I'm not saying I agree with that but if you think about it from their point of view I don't think signing Iupati will even be considered.

things change. We won't know until free agency.

They are signing someone though. Only question is will it be a top linemen or depth.

I kind of agree with you. The one variable is how much Roman likes him and whether or not he will (or is) make a formal request to pursue him.

As far as Whaley and "his guys" - I agree with your take on that. Urbik and Pears are his guys.

If you listen to Rex during his recent WGR 550 interview, I would say they definitely intend to bring another new OL into the picture who is not currently associated with the team. Rex made that practically crystal clear. They aren't stopping with just Incognito.

Having said that, as to who they have in mind, I have no idea.

It may not be a big name like "LUPATI"

:nana::nana::nana:

If you listen to Rex during his recent WGR 550 interview, I would say they definitely intend to bring another new OL into the picture who is not currently associated with the team. Rex made that practically crystal clear. They aren't stopping with just Incognito.

Having said that, as to who they have in mind, I have no idea.

It may not be a big name like "LUPATI"

:nana::nana::nana:

Rex knows the value of an O-line. Rex saw first hand in New York how ineffective his team got as the O-line degraded. His first year with the Jets their O-line was stacked. Mangold was one of the best centers in the league (Still pretty dam good), Ferguson was playing like a top 10 LT, Alan Faneca was still a top 10 guard, Damian Woody was a very good veteran RT, and the weakest link was Brandon Moore a solid starter.

In 2010 they replaced Woody who retired with a well below average player in Wayne Hunter but the rest of the line was still pretty good. In 2011 Faneca was due a big hit on the cap and a bit past his prime so they cut him. They went cheap trying to replace Faneca with a cheaper younger player. From 2011-2014 the Jets were horribly mediocre the same as their offensive line.

I think the signing of Incognito is a sign that Rex knows the value of the O-line. I suspect someone who makes a lot on the O-line gets cut and they bring in a fairly high profile guard.

I would love to see us sign them both! Lots of teams had bad offensive lines and there aren't lots of options. Last year everyone overpaid for OL. I expect big salaries this year. No question - we need at least two new starters- maybe 3

absolutely

I totally agree with this...what was one thing that the two super bowl team had.....solid offense lines. Look at what dallas did with an aging Romo and a power offensive line (Romo had his best year) because he had time to throw