Over/Under 20 Points per Game in 2015

Virgil

I'm all for a physical type and just smacking someone in their mouth. However, I don't feel like this is a winning formula right now in the NFL. What teams are really going into the playoffs and winning that way? We are building ourselves to be a 1st/2nd down run, 3rd down pass team that relies on field position and defense.

In this NFL, you have to be able to put up points and I just don't think we are going to be taking those kinds of chances. I don't see us putting away any teams and I don't know that we have the experience and leadership that you need to keep winning those close games.

Last year, we already had a top 5 defense and even if that stays the same, I feel like we are going to score less points than last year.

Yes, we will be better with time of possession and whatnot, but I just don't see the big play scoring with what we have or what we can get. Even teams like the Seahawks and 49ers do it with more of a read-option and other trickery. We aren't built like that and don't know that EJ's body could handle it.

I hope to be wrong

I do honestly. I get that we will run more, but I see us taking less shots down field. We made a point to try to get the ball to Sammy and run some 3-4 WR sets. I think we are going to see the 49ers offense without the Option and that isn't saying a lot. Plus, they had a better offensive line and TE's.

I'm not trying to negative or anything like that, I'm just looking at our OC's history, the talent he had vs what we have, and what wins in the NFL right now

We have some solid talent on the offensive side of the ball now. Not exactly K-Gun era talent, but we're pretty good. I expect us to be somewhere in the middle of the league in points scored, and Top 3 in points against.

I'm going to say over...as in 20.1 points per game! Although there is too much uncertainty given we haven't even entered free agency yet. We are hopefully adding a Guard, TE, and another QB. But the plan is probably to keep the opposing team offense to under 20 either way

over on 20. We stunk last year on offense and as stated above, we avg. 21.4 pts per game. We have we think an easier schedule this year with the NFC East, and AFC South. The Redskins and Giants aren't that great, and the AFC South sucks except Indy.

I say we hover in the 24-26 pts per game as an average this year. We'll rack it up in the easier games, and keep close in the competitors. It doesn't matter if we are under 20 if your opponent is 19 or less to state captain obvious.

One thing I'm relying on is Rexxy always coached very well against Belicheck. I don't see that changing. God I hope Revis ends up in one of the other teams and they lose McCorty. Then they take a massive step backwards.

I'm all for a physical type and just smacking someone in their mouth. However, I don't feel like this is a winning formula right now in the NFL.

It's been working pretty well for Seattle and San Fran the past few years.

based on my recollection of the last 2 seasons

September (w/EJ) the Bills were scoring about 21 PPG, then as the season progresses and game film is at hand the PPG goes down a few points

so I'll definitely take the over in September and also October and November

IIRC EJ led the Bills in 2013 with the 2nd highest PPG second to P Manning in September