Bills need to orchestrate a trade for a viable starting QB!!

I don't see how the Bills expect to compete for the playoffs with a below average to average starting QB (Sanchez/Hoyer) or a young developing QB.

(Manuel).

With so many high quality FAs available at so many positions (except QB) they can fill those other needs if they really want to. They won't get a starting QB in this year's draft most likely.

It's time that Ryan learn his lesson and go get a real starting QB. I'm talking about P. Manning, Brees, RGIII, etc.

Settling for Sanchez or Hoyer or worse is not going to get it done.

Putting RGIII in the same category as Manning or Brees is like having a side order of potato chips with your filet mignon

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I say we trade for Aaron Rogers! Yep, that's do, let's get Aaron Rogers

and if Green Bay won't play nice, we can complain to Jamestown favorite son Roger Goodell and he will suspend the Packers franchise because they refused to trade us Aaron Rogers.

I was thinking Rodgers also

If the Bills came knocking with say this year's 2nd round pick, next year's 1st and 4th round picks and Marcell Dareus I think it's a consideration the Saints would have to consider.

it'd be a kings ransom....

So you want the Bills to trade 3 draft picks and their best DL for a 36 year old QB. And in two years, then what?

Come on people!

Plus who would be NO's QB? Why would a team trade their QB if they don't have another one waiting.

GB figured Rogers was ready so they let Farve go.

Young was ready so Montana was shipped

Bledsoe was traded because Brady helped the team win the Super Bowl

Brees moved on because the team had traded for the #4 pick Rivers, plus Brees had a serious shoulder injury

Exactly why who has that guy they can say, he's ready and we don't need the current guy?

Bring in a reliable veteran backup who can both challenge and help develop EJ. We haven't seen enough of what we already have to be passing judgement on him yet. Let's see how things go now that he has an upgraded coaching staff to work with.

ya like Brees, Rivers, Ryan, Eli get a guy like that your in the playoffs. Or not Brees has missed 2 out of last 3 which is big when your making 20 million dollars but make room for Rivers Ryan and Manning as well. I like Brees but number 1 he's 36 and hasnt won a playoff game since they won the superbowl coming up on 6 years ago.

I don't see how the Bills expect to compete for the playoffs with a below average to average starting QB (Sanchez/Hoyer) or a young developing QB.

(Manuel).

With so many high quality FAs available at so many positions (except QB) they can fill those other needs if they really want to. They won't get a starting QB in this year's draft most likely.

It's time that Ryan learn his lesson and go get a real starting QB. I'm talking about P. Manning, Brees, RGIII, etc.

well then by that "analysis" I guess its not getting done this year. you need a new team to root for my friend, 'cuz your "solutions" don't exist.

ya like Brees, Rivers, Ryan, Eli get a guy like that your in the playoffs. Or not Brees has missed 2 out of last 3 which is big when your making 20 million dollars but make room for Rivers Ryan and Manning as well. I like Brees but number 1 he's 36 and hasnt won a playoff game since they won the superbowl coming up on 6 years ago.

Welcome to the Chess Match of Football.

You need a good QB to win, but you need a team, too. Once you sign "the guy" to the big $$ contract you need to keep him, how do you keep a good enough team around him?

We really don't have enough we-need-to-find-a-QB threads.

Can we start more?

Yes! Yes! Let's have more! Especially let's have more about how we have no QB and no available QB will do, so we need to acquire someone under contract to a team who would then have....no QB!

(Manuel).

If you want a real starting QB shouldn't you pick one that starts?

Its so simple!

Even a caveman can do it!

Not that any of this is ever happening but... next time you hesitate to trade for drew brees watch the last 15 years over and over.

Did I miss something that Brees is available? There must be teams willing to trade their starting QB so they can wind up like all those teams that have no starting QB.

Wishing doesn't make stuff happen.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Even a caveman can do it!

Did I miss something that Brees is available? There must be teams willing to trade their starting QB so they can wind up like all those teams that have no starting QB.

Wishing doesn't make stuff happen.

Same Bills "fans" that will later knock Whaley for not getting a QB for the team. As if there is a big discount bin of QBs available and we are purposely ignoring them.

What about Ryan Leaf? Is he out on parole now?? We don't play in Canada anymore, so no worries on the felons crossing the board thing, then again it appears the NFL is exempt from that policy, else there'd be no games out of the states.

Two solid options no one's talking about:

1. Jeff George. Enough said.

2. Joe Montana. Dude's doing pizza commercials and he wears those Sketchers sneakers to stay in shape. A win-win in my book.

Both options probably wouldn't cost much...George has been good and Montana's was elite. I think these are the kinds of QB's the Bills need to be thinking about. Just sayin'

(Manuel).

RG111 is a shell of his college days & his rookie year. He looks very hesitant to step into his throws. Personally, I would prefer Cousins if we are going to trade with the R's. I know --- he threw a lot of int's, but he has guts & isn't afraid to wing it - a little like Fitz but with more accuracy & a better arm.

Same Bills "fans" that will later knock Whaley for not getting a QB for the team. As if there is a big discount bin of QBs available and we are purposely ignoring them.

What, DrD? You haven't learned the location of the Secret QB Discount Bin yet?

The level of ignorance on basic NFL facts amoung the "knowledgeable" is both funny and sad. I read an article earlier today taking GMs to task for being "scared to make tough calls" because QB-needy teams have failed to cut questionable starters and failed to sign QB: "none of them seem to be looking" "why are they content to stay pat?" The author brings a "wealth of sports knowledge" but somehow fails to realize that free agents can not be negotiated with until March 7th or signed until March 10th, likewise trades cannot be made until March 10th.

Failure to sign a FA or make a trade before it's allowed by league rules is in no way "not looking" or "content to stay pat".

Only a really stupid NFL GM would cut a starting QB who is not "trouble" off his roster or trade one without a replacement of similar quality already on the roster or signed.

Edited by Hopeful