NFL CAP Cuts that may happen per ESPN.....

mellaman101

Have interest in Evans, Marshall or Colston.

I'm okay with Marshall or Evans, I don't like Colston, I think he's on the downside of his career.

Isn't it amazing that we actually NEED another WR ??

After this April's draft, we would have used 2-1's, 1-2 and 2-3's on WR's over a 4-year period and we will still need another one, unbelievable. That's 5 high draft picks over 4 years.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm okay with Marshall or Evans, I don't like Colston, I think he's on the downside of his career.

After this April's draft, we would have used 2-1's, 1-2 and 2-3's on WR's over a 4-year period and we will still need another one, unbelievable. That's 5 high draft picks over 4 years.

And the 6 on williams.

In the Bills defense they only had 1 on the roster and it was Stevie. They did need to add 4 more.

We really do need a big guy. Colston is definitely declining but could be cheap and used strictly as that big target.

In the Bills defense they only had 1 on the roster and it was Stevie. They did need to add 4 more.

We really do need a big guy. Colston is definitely declining but could be cheap and used strictly as that big target.

Yup- he's darn near a tight end at this point but he's a great role model, and productive as a possession and red zone guy. With the right deal it could make sense.... Maybe Anquan-esque for the right team. Edited by NoSaint

You said "Reggie Bush please".

No I didn't.

If you're going with a FA running back of that type, stick with someone who actually wants to be a Bill. Enjoys being a Bill.

Liking Buffalo hasn't helped Spiller win too many games for Buffalo.

But instead of either, built through the draft. Cheaper.

Tell me how sticking with the RBs we have under contract and adding one through the draft given the rookie wage scale (our first selection being in the 2nd round) would become "more expensive"?

Because then we couldn't use our second round pick on a guard. We'd have already used it on an RB.

Draft picks are a zillion times more valuable than an extra million in unused cap space.

We can get a RB in virtually any round and he can be productive...look around the NFL...probably the most plug and play position in the league now

another guy they could go after in FA is Kenny Britt, if STL doesn't sign him. The Bills were very interested in him last year, and he seems to have kept his nose clean there. Edited by YoloinOhio

another guy they could go after in FA is Kenny Britt, if STL doesn't sign him. The Bills were very interested in him last year, and he seems to have kept his nose clean there.

Britt is a guy that I am keeping an eye on this offseason. Expecting the Bills to add a WR that will play (a lot). I'm guessing that it will be a bigger guy. They need what Mike Williams was supposed to be to round out the receiving core.

We can get a RB in virtually any round and he can be productive...look around the NFL...probably the most plug and play position in the league now

Fully aware of that. My point of the wage scale was that you aren't exactly overpaying for a position that is plug and play, especially when it'll be a second or later.

Britt is a guy that I am keeping an eye on this offseason. Expecting the Bills to add a WR that will play (a lot). I'm guessing that it will be a bigger guy. They need what Mike Williams was supposed to be to round out the receiving core.

Weren't we targeting him prior to his signing with St. Louis? If I remember correctly he was here for a visit.

The only person on that list I'd have any real interest in is Jahri Evans. The rest either have issues and/or play positions we're set at.

I disagree with your premise that we need a WR. Adding someone for depth wouldn't be a bad idea, but we're good with our top 3 WRs - I'd say top 4 emphatically if I thought Goodwin could stay healthy enough to be counted on. Edited by Rob's House

Look for Buffalo to be all over Ngata the moment he is released.

Wouldn't doubt that

Fully aware of that. My point of the wage scale was that you aren't exactly overpaying for a position that is plug and play, especially when it'll be a second or later.

Weren't we targeting him prior to his signing with St. Louis? If I remember correctly he was here for a visit.

yes and iirc correctly they made him an offer. It was pre- Mike Williams I believe. They really want a size guy. Not a superstar but a big red zone target. With a decent QB both Sammy and woods can be stars. They just need a size guy. I think unless someone drops like DGB or Jaelen Strong in the draft they are going to sign someone like a Britt or Colston in FA. Edited by YoloinOhio

Ngata and/or Marshall

The rest of those guys are washed up or we don't need. People want Schaub or Bush? Seriously? Ryan Fitzpatrick is worlds better than Matt Schaub at this point. Bush lost his job to Theo Riddick and Joique Bell. Iupati, Boling or Orlando Franklin are way better than Jahri Evans.

Wouldn't doubt that
yes and iirc correctly they made him an offer. It was pre- Mike Williams I believe. They really want a size guy. Not a superstar but a big red zone target. With a decent QB both Sammy and woods can be stars. They just need a size guy. I think unless someone drops like DGB or Jaelen Strong in the draft they are going to sign someone like a Britt or Colston in FA.

They can't wait to see who is available in the draft before signing a big WR, any FA who can play will be long gone unless they are a post June 1st cut.

Ngata and/or Marshall

The rest of those guys are washed up or we don't need. People want Schaub or Bush? Seriously? Ryan Fitzpatrick is worlds better than Matt Schaub at this point. Bush lost his job to Theo Riddick and Joique Bell. Iupati, Boling or Orlando Franklin are way better than Jahri Evans.

They can't wait to see who is available in the draft before signing a big WR, any FA who can play will be long gone unless they are a post June 1st cut.

it was poorly worded - I think they could do both

Look for Buffalo to be all over Ngata the moment he is released.

There would be a ton of teams interested in Ngata if he came available and he'd get paid big time. I seriously doubt that the Ravens let that happen though. On the slim chance that they do I don't see the Bills as players for him at all. Logically, why would they? His role would be to take the starting job of Kyle Williams and to fill in for Dareus on rotation when he needed a breather and Williams was in. That's what he does for the Ravens. That rotation would be ridiculous (in the best of ways), but no way is it economically feasible nor would it be acceptable for Williams (or Ngata) to get bumped from a starters spot. I'd guess that Oakland and Cleveland would be the two most likely destinations as they have both a great deal of cap space and a great need for interior DL. He's going nowhere though so it's really a moot point.

There would be a ton of teams interested in Ngata if he came available and he'd get paid big time. I seriously doubt that the Ravens let that happen though. On the slim chance that they do I don't see the Bills as players for him at all. Logically, why would they? His role would be to take the starting job of Kyle Williams and to fill in for Dareus on rotation when he needed a breather and Williams was in. That's what he does for the Ravens. That rotation would be ridiculous (in the best of ways), but no way is it economically feasible nor would it be acceptable for Williams (or Ngata) to get bumped from a starters spot. I'd guess that Oakland and Cleveland would be the two most likely destinations as they have both a great deal of cap space and a great need for interior DL. He's going nowhere though so it's really a moot point.

He would play the role that Alan Branch filled. Branch was a starter. It's definitely economically feasible. We have plenty of cap.

Another lesser name that could be cut is Mike Devito. He was a Rex Ryan favorite along with Ngata.

Edited by TheTruthHurts