Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao May 2nd!!

truth on hold

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a great fight, I wonder how much more fun it would have been if they both weren't in retirement/last huge paycheck mode and more hungry. Too

much smiling from manny after he lost.

Congrats to Mayweather, I was rooting for manny just for the rematch potential but Floyd is great. He had the size,reach, and skill.

Many was too old for the aggressive game plan.

Edited by NobesBLO13

I can understand the disappointment, but Pac and his trainer sound delusional and foolish.......

For the fight, Mayweather landed 148 of 435 punches (34 percent) while Pacquiao suffered through one of his worst offensive performances, connecting on just 81 of 429 blows for a paltry 19 percent against one of boxing's all-time great defensive fighters.

Pacquiao thought he should have gotten the decision.

"It's a good fight. I thought I won the fight," he said. "He didn't do anything. He moved outside. I got him many more times with a lot of punches, and I thought I won the fight; I was never hurt. I was very surprised at the scores."

"I thought we pulled it out," Roach said.

Edited by JTSP

I enjoyed the fight. Like I said earlier in this thread, Mayweather's style bores the hell out of 90% of fans, but not me. He had an excellent strategy and executed it well. Like it or not, the holds were necessary and smart. The way he escaped the ropes and the corners was a thing of beauty. He makes fighters look unlike themselves. I never had any doubt he'd beat Pacquiao.

The first 7 rounds I had it scored 4-3, in favor of Manny. It was all Mayweather after that. The last round could've went either way. One of the judges had it 118-110, I believe, I don't agree with that judge at all.

I'm getting tired of all the Mayweather bashing for not being aggressive. I don't blame people for bashing him for other reasons such as the women beating and for flaunting all his cash, but for his boxing style, they shouldn't. He threw just as many punches as Pacquiao. His opponents act surprised every time they face him like they don't know he's a defensive counter-puncher. Pacquiao's strategy in the first two rounds appeared to be to let Floyd dictate the pace of the fight. What happened? Floyd won those two rounds easily. After that Manny became the aggressor and had success with it for a few rounds.

In round 3 I noticed something that had me scratching my head. Pacquiao had Mayweather trapped against the ropes and kind of in trouble and mysteriously backed off. And now Pacquiao is complaining about an injured shoulder. He sure didn't appear to be injured when he was raising both his arms when the fight ended. Maybe this has been planned all along so they can have a rematch, but that plan can blow up in their face because I'm not so sure the public would even want to see a rematch after this.

Imagine the public scrutiny Mayweather would've faced if Floyd lost this fight and made an excuse about an injured shoulder.

Edited by Justice

I enjoyed the fight. Like I said earlier in this thread, Mayweather's style bores the hell out of 90% of fans, but not me. He had an excellent strategy and executed it well. Like it or not, the holds were necessary and smart. The way he escaped the ropes and the corners was a thing of beauty. He makes fighters look unlike themselves. I never had any doubt he'd beat Pacquiao.

The first 7 rounds I had it scored 4-3, in favor of Manny. It was all Mayweather after that. The last round could've went either way. One of the judges had it 118-110, I believe, I don't agree with that judge at all.

I'm getting tired of all the Mayweather bashing for not being aggressive. I don't blame people for bashing him for other reasons such as the women beating and for flaunting all his cash, but for his boxing style, they shouldn't. He threw just as many punches as Pacquiao. His opponents act surprised every time they face him like they don't know he's a defensive counter-puncher. Pacquiao's strategy in the first two rounds appeared to be to let Floyd dictate the pace of the fight. What happened? Floyd won those two rounds easily. After that Manny became the aggressor and had success with it for a few rounds.

In round 3 I noticed something that had me scratching my head. Pacquiao had Mayweather trapped against the ropes and kind of in trouble and mysteriously backed off. And now Pacquiao is complaining about an injured shoulder. He sure didn't appear to be injured when he was raising both his arms when the fight ended. Maybe this has been planned all along so they can have a rematch, but that plan can blow up in their face because I'm not so sure the public would even want to see a rematch after this.

Imagine the public scrutiny Mayweather would've faced if Floyd lost this fight and made an excuse about an injured shoulder.

Spot on. All I keep hearing is what a bad guy May is, and Manny's some kind of angel. Yet Manny is acting like a total classless sore loser. First he says he thought he was up on points, and backed off after. Huh? Floyd nearly doubled the punches landed! And how can people drone on about Floyd running when Manny said he backed off?!!! And now he's onto another excuse about his shoulder. No, how about this: you lost to a better fighter that day. Thats the truthful answer a stand up guy would offer. I said before he's simply not in May's league as a boxer, and he's been exposed as a punk too. I sure hope Floyd doesnt give him a rematch.

Edited by JTSP

Spot on. All I keep hearing is what a bad guy May is, and Manny's some kind of angel. Yet Manny is acting like a total classless sore loser. First he says he thought he was up on points, and backed off after. Huh? Floyd nearly doubled the punches landed! And how can people drone on about Floyd running when Manny said he backed off?!!! And now he's onto another excuse about his shoulder. No, how about this: you lost to a better fighter that day. Thats the truthful answer a stand up guy would offer. I said before he's simply not in May's league as a boxer, and he's been exposed as a punk too. I sure hope Floyd doesnt give him a rematch.

You make some great points. To take it a little further you would think after the decision in Bradley v Pacquiao I, Manny would take the last few rounds more seriously. The truth is he can't catch May and he knew it. Floyd hits hard, much harder than most give him credit for and Manny learned that just like all the others.

Mike & Mike were spot on regarding the fight today. They put the blame on Pacquiao for the boring fight. They didn't blame Floyd for fighting like Floyd.

To those that were letdown by this fight you obviously haven't watched Mayweather fight. All his fights look exactly the same. You should've expected this.

Edited by Justice

Dud fight.

I think the fans deserved more, but no one should be surprised it played out this way. Both fighters seemed very pleased to have the huge pay day for a tepid little exhibition. I think Manny's legacy will be diminished in the long run, since he did not produce any fireworks fot his biggest event. But Manny does not care anything at all about that. And Floyd's rep is totally secure. He's dominant, but boring.

Dud fight.

I think the fans deserved more, but no one should be surprised it played out this way. Both fighters seemed very pleased to have the huge pay day for a tepid little exhibition. I think Manny's legacy will be diminished in the long run, since he did not produce any fireworks fot his biggest event. But Manny does not care anything at all about that. And Floyd's rep is totally secure. He's dominant, but boring.

This was evident from the moment the contracts were signed and the fight was scheduled.

Both fighters did not shy away from answering with "The money" when asked why did you agree to fight. To me it seemed like a last ditch cash grab for both to ride off in the sunset on.

Im glad I didnt pay for this. It was to be expected.

Oscar de la hoya dissapointed "sorry to fans"

Mike Tyson. "We waited 5 years for this"

Anyway my Clippers had one of the best basketball game 7 matches ever.

Regarding the fight. BORING