Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao May 2nd!!

truth on hold

I think Floyd wins too, think he always would have. He just wanted to limit the damage he'd take, even in a win, given PACs stamina. But PAC is slowing down and now that its hit the sweet spot where Floyd has enough skills left to win handily. Ilk certainly watch but with this build up it will be hard to live up to expectations. $120mm for one fight for Floyd is bigger than the richest multi-year NFL deal

Mma and boxing both have jumped the shark.

Eff Floyd, should have fought him 5 years ago.

Ya the fact that he wouldn't makes me think he wouldn't have always won.

Re: price there has to be a point of diminishing returns right? Can't imagine anyone putting up $100 to watch by themselves. Ought to be a lot of SB type parties.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I think Floyd runs the whole fight and wins a decision.

This is how I see it. Physically stronger. Taller. I wish otherwise but what can you do.

Mma and boxing both have jumped the shark.

Eff Floyd, should have fought him 5 years ago.

Boxing jumped over 20 years ago

Not a boxing fan but this could go down as the fight of the century!

Not a chance. Mayweather's fights are incredibly boring. Pacquio is over the hill. There are going to be a lot of people mad that they paid $100 to watch a 12 round Mayweather decision.

Not a chance. Mayweather's fights are incredibly boring. Pacquio is over the hill. There are going to be a lot of people mad that they paid $100 to watch a 12 round Mayweather decision.

I think the majority of people agree with you, but not me. I love watching Mayweather fight. It's a thing of beauty. His defense, counter punches and accuracy is amazing.

for all Manny's vaunted power, he hasn't knocked anyone out in over 5 years. since then he's 7&2, losing a split decision to Bradley and getting put to sleep by Marquez. I didnt see their previous fight, but I heard Marquez could have won that decision too.... the same Marquez that Floyd easily handled

I am just not seeing how Floyd loses

Edited by JTSP

I think the majority of people agree with you, but not me. I love watching Mayweather fight. It's a thing of beauty. His defense, counter punches and accuracy is amazing.

I give him credit for being a very good boxer and an amazing business man. That said I can't stand (and it is an issue with boxing as a whole) picking and choosing your fights based on whether or not you can win. Mayweather has never had a take on all comers attitude. I used to love boxing. Even a few years ago I would have been excited for this fight. This fight is about 5 years to late for me. I respect the hell out of Mayweather but his fights are just boring to me.

MMA has taken over boxing for me and one of the main attractions is "superfights" happen regularly. There is no ducking anyone.

for all Manny's vaunted power, he hasn't knocked anyone out in over 5 years. since then he's 7&2, losing a split decision to Bradley and getting put to sleep by Marquez. I didnt see their previous fight, but I heard Marquez could have won that decision too.... the same Marquez that Floyd embarressed

I am just not seeing how Floyd loses

Yup and it took a lot of excitement out of this fight bc of it.

I give him credit for being a very good boxer and an amazing business man. That said I can't stand (and it is an issue with boxing as a whole) picking and choosing your fights based on whether or not you can win. Mayweather has never had a take on all comers attitude. I used to love boxing. Even a few years ago I would have been excited for this fight. This fight is about 5 years to late for me. I respect the hell out of Mayweather but his fights are just boring to me.

MMA has taken over boxing for me and one of the main attractions is "superfights" happen regularly. There is no ducking anyone.

Yup and it took a lot of excitement out of this fight bc of it.

Everyone seems to like Manny personally, but as a fighter IMO he's been somewhat overhyped.

Everyone seems to like Manny personally, but as a fighter IMO he's been somewhat overhyped.

When he was younger he was electric to watch. I remember seeing him on the under card and he fought just like a fight in the movies. He just threw punch after punch after punch. In a 2010 fight he threw 1231 punches! That his what originally endeared me to him. He didn't wait for the fight to come to him he took the fight to people. Unfortunately in this fight that will play right into Mayweather's style. I honestly see no way that he wins this fight which has also removed a ton of excitement for me.

When he was younger he was electric to watch. I remember seeing him on the under card and he fought just like a fight in the movies. He just threw punch after punch after punch. In a 2010 fight he threw 1231 punches! That his what originally endeared me to him. He didn't wait for the fight to come to him he took the fight to people. Unfortunately in this fight that will play right into Mayweather's style. I honestly see no way that he wins this fight which has also removed a ton of excitement for me.

I agree he had freaky stamina, but as a tactician there are several others on his level. Btw that stamina IMO justified Floyds camp requesting the additional blood tests before.

• 2 weeks later...

Section 122 is spot on. There is going to be a lot of upset people that laid down big coin to watch this fight.

I agree he had freaky stamina, but as a tactician there are several others on his level. Btw that stamina IMO justified Floyds camp requesting the additional blood tests before.

There was a time before the marquez drop where pac would beat everyone. like he would never ever lose.

That's when the fight would have been exiting. 5 or 6 years ago.

I have 1% interest now. I hope Mayweather gets beat badly. I hated that sucker punch he did on that hispanic boxer. Like dude you were going to win anyway. Just win the right way. (Cencured, add many badwords)

• 2 weeks later...

There was a time before the marquez drop where pac would beat everyone. like he would never ever lose.

That's when the fight would have been exiting. 5 or 6 years ago.

I have 1% interest now. I hope Mayweather gets beat badly. I hated that sucker punch he did on that hispanic boxer. Like dude you were going to win anyway. Just win the right way. (Cencured, add many badwords)

that sucker punch was preceded by the most blatant head butt by Ortiz by any boxer Ive ever seen. He got what he deserved

Edited by JTSP

Being excited about this fight is equal to being excited about a WWE bout.

Everyone knows this is fixed. It is a "show" that should have been put on at least 5 years ago.

But I'm really surprised at the number of people who still think this might actually be a real fight.

Being excited about this fight is equal to being excited about a WWE bout.

Everyone knows this is fixed. It is a "show" that should have been put on at least 5 years ago.

But I'm really surprised at the number of people who still think this might actually be a real fight.

I hope Mayweather gets owned but I doubt and will not watch it because I wont give that clown my money.

Why do you think it's fixed?

I hope Mayweather gets owned but I doubt and will not watch it because I wont give that clown my money.

Why do you think it's fixed?

In going for the American guy. Lot of trash talking coming from the Phillipine community. Manny is over hyped. I hope Floyd puts him in his place. And stifles the hate on USA