Do we draft a running back in round 2 or resign CJ?

Jmsbills

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CJ is a very talented player, however overall has been unimpressive. He has had his moments, but can be lackluster and often does not wait for the line to open running lanes. I would let him go, and thank him for his time in Buffalo.

yes he is very talented at running....sideways. and getting hurt, and running out of bounds, and fumbling...oh and missing blocks. yes very talented. let him walk. he will probably walk sideways. out of bounds, then finally after a 3 yard loss, out the door.

The CJ thing is interesting to me...I just don't think there will be a big market for him dollars-wise, though I think a lot of teams would like to have him as a piece of a back-field puzzle...I think CJ has some value and I would like to see him return...But I also think he should be used like Darren Sproles...And other than age, I'd rather have Sproles...Sproles got 10.5 mil. for three years...Can CJ expect much more? B-)

Spiller really wants to come back

@SiriusXMNFL: FA RB @CJSpiller: There is a possibility that I can be in a Bills uniform but the ball is in their court. I want to be in Buffalo. #Bills

@SiriusXMNFL: FA RB @CJSpiller: Rex Ryan is the right guy for Buffalo. "I love me some Rex Ryan now." #Bills

He was just on SiriusXM blitz with Bruce Murray and Rich Gannon

@SiriusXMNFL: FA RB @CJSpiller: There is a possibility that I can be in a Bills uniform but the ball is in their court. I want to be in Buffalo. #Bills

@SiriusXMNFL: FA RB @CJSpiller: Rex Ryan is the right guy for Buffalo. "I love me some Rex Ryan now." #Bills

Translation: I want more money than I'm worth to this team?

This isn't at all surprising to me. CJ is kind of a small town guy that fits in well within the community. It feels like the type of place that he would want to be.

This isn't at all surprising to me. CJ is kind of a small town guy that fits in well within the community. It feels like the type of place that he would want to be.

I know Sal Capaccio , who knows CJ pretty well, has said on several different occasions that Spiller really wants to stay in Buffalo...Sal has made a point to say it's not just hollow speech by Spiller...He really does like it here a lot... So I do think these comments by CJ are legit and heartfelt...

I also think Whaley knows this and is assuming the market for Spiller (especially in a year that has some nice RB talent coming out) will be low...So he's going to stick to his guns and hope CJ decides to take their best offer because he wants to stay... B-)

Id rather we lock up Hughes, sign another Guard in FA, maybe one of the TEs in FA (Cameron or Clay). Then we go into the draft without any real pressing needs, and feel out where we pick up RB, OL, DB, and TE as the draft plays out.

Sorry CJ, youre hitting the market in the wrong year.

@mikerodak: C.J. Spiller praises Greg Roman and Chan Gailey: http://t.co/iSk3eXW9tD

I think I'm the only one who wants him back. He has a chance to be used correctly in a new offense which is what everyone thinks he would excel in if he was with another team. I certainly wouldn't give him a big contract, but Whaley has essentially said that will not happen.

Translation: I want more money than I'm worth to this team? in this league?

maybe open water seems a little shallower than his agent would like? Let's be real, I'm a fan of CJ and his heart, talent, but he doesn't follow his blockers well and his vision is horrendous at times. He's a situational guy, not a workhorse. I do hope we can keep him though.

I really appreciate that he appears to want to stay here. I'm all for keeping him IF we use him in a way that makes sense. If we go back to spreading the field out on plays we use him (either run or pass), awesome. If we stuff him into a stacked box, then we really should get another RB.

I really appreciate that he appears to want to stay here. I'm all for keeping him IF we use him in a way that makes sense. If we go back to spreading the field out on plays we use him (either run or pass), awesome. If we stuff him into a stacked box, then we really should get another RB.

i would be shocked if Roman did that. He would use him like he did Lamichael James, though I believe spiller is more talented and a harder worker. He would probably also still return KOs. Edited by YoloinOhio

@mikerodak: C.J. Spiller praises Greg Roman and Chan Gailey: http://t.co/iSk3eXW9tD

I think I'm the only one who wants him back. He has a chance to be used correctly in a new offense which is what everyone thinks he would excel in if he was with another team. I certainly wouldn't give him a big contract, but Whaley has essentially said that will not happen.

I'm with you on wanting him back for a reasonable price. I think the running game suffered this year. We went from 2nd in ypg (144.2) in rushing in 2013, to 25th in ypg (92.6) in 2014. Something changed, and it was for the worse. I wouldn't put that all on Spiller.

Edited by What a Tuel

I'm with you on wanting him back for a reasonable price. I think the running game suffered this year. We went from 2nd in ypg in rushing in 2013, to 25th in 2014. Something changed, and it was for the worse. I wouldn't put that all on Spiller.

How dare you disputes the offensive genius of Marrone/ Hackett! They are right up there with Sean Payton and Chip Kelly.