Do we draft a running back in round 2 or resign CJ?

Jmsbills

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People need to stop thinking about replacing Spiller and instead think about replacing Fred Jackson. He isn't getting any younger.

Fred Jackson is a beast and the heart and soul of this team...in case you haven't heard. I, for one, am not ready for a heart transplant. If the beast says he can go, he can go. Come on, bro...get real.

" Bryce Brown was the top rated player coming out of high school. He ran into some trouble in college. While at Philadelphia, he had a couple huge games when starting for the injured McCoy. He had a reputation for fumbling, and he had a huge fumble in the loss to KC....at the end of a phenomenal run. He also caught some passes out of the backfield and showed some great moves and speed. I actually believe he will be the starter this year "

I wish I could actuallly see potential in Bryce Brown as our starter, I like some of what he showed last year. However, If there is one trait in a running back that drives me mad it's a guy who is a fumbler. It's like meeting the perfect woman, who occasionally has uncontrollable violent outbursts. It doesn't matter how amazing they may be, you just can't live with the consequences of their bad side. I have a hard time erasing the memory of that KC fumble. I wouldn't judge him solely on that, but as you mentioned he's had issues holding onto the ball in the past. You can't have that with a feature back. They all fumble occasionally, but its likely one of the reasons the Eagles traded him. I just don't trust him, so I say we need to draft a back. CJ has danced his way out of here, and hopefully someone can him to space.

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

" Bryce Brown was the top rated player coming out of high school. He ran into some trouble in college. While at Philadelphia, he had a couple huge games when starting for the injured McCoy. He had a reputation for fumbling, and he had a huge fumble in the loss to KC....at the end of a phenomenal run. He also caught some passes out of the backfield and showed some great moves and speed. I actually believe he will be the starter this year "

I wish I could actuallly see potential in Bryce Brown as our starter, I like some of what he showed last year. However, If there is one trait in a running back that drives me mad it's a guy who is a fumbler. It's like meeting the perfect woman, who occasionally has uncontrollable violent outbursts. It doesn't matter how amazing they may be, you just can't live with the consequences of their bad side. I have a hard time erasing the memory of that KC fumble. I wouldn't judge him solely on that, but as you mentioned he's had issues holding onto the ball in the past. You can't have that with a feature back. They all fumble occasionally, but its likely one of the reasons the Eagles traded him. I just don't trust him, so I say we need to draft a back. CJ has danced his way out of here, and hopefully someone can him to space.

hes had 1 fumble in the last 2 years

You're point is fair enough. I just remembered watching a lot of Eagles games for some reason during Browns rookie year in 2012 when he had 4 fumbles on 115 carries. That season it was definitely an issue. Being that he only carried the ball 36 times this season, I don't think any of us can definitively say if he has fumbling problem or not. I am just leery of looking at him as a feature back considering this history.

Why sign someone who sucks? Let mckelvin have his place back as dumbest Bill, and arron Williams second. We don't need 3 morons on the team.

No?

well maybe.

But we need two for sure.

Maybe not Cj though. I wish someone would have let the man run last year and the year before the man was threat and respected by defenses under Gailey. and that no lie.

still pissed at That damned Marroon forcing his plan on the offense and screwing each one of them in the doing.

+ 100

DON'T waste the Bills first round pick on a RB. Go O-line, please.

I hear you loud and clear!!

But only if he can walk on and start mister. otherwise FA.

i think sometimes folks disrespect the RB and run game these days.

its coming back to Buffalo

no doubt CJ has unique speed. Just saying brown holds his own for a bigger power back

Fair enough.

but Brown better get a Lynch grip on the ball one fumble on a big play has me wondering about him.

I am an old hard nosed Boobie fan before a Brown fan