Do we draft a running back in round 2 or resign CJ?

Jmsbills

Assuming that Todd Gurley and Melvin Gordon are gone in the first round or early 2nd - do we re sign CJ or draft a RB in round two? My choice at RB would be either Ameer Abdulah or Duke Johnson. I live in South Florida and have seen Duke Johnson for three years both before the injury at Florida State and this year after the injury; he got better each and every week of the season. ( I would love for him to fall into the third round and it would be a no brainier) but we can not gamble at the RB position. So the million dollar question is do we re-sign CJ or go out in the draft and get a RB in the second round? I could live with Ameer or Duke and we would have them at a reasonable cost for the next four years. It means no OL help in the second round and thus probablably no immediate help from the draft in the OL. So we would need to address the OL with another free agent or from within. It would be nice to let the chips fall and then decided but - we do not live in fantasy land and these decisions must be made sooner rather than later.

I let CJ walk - if he is looking for big $$$ - if not then resign him and go in another direction in round 2.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say neither also. Running backs are a dime a dozen. I would feel good going into the season with the three running backs left on the roster (FJ, Dixon, and Gray) I think Dixon could be like a mini bus if used right and often using the ground and pound theory. The only way I would take a running back in the second is if we are able to sign a couple of OL in free agency first and Gurley is there in the second. If not I would pass.

Neither. I pray to God they do not waste a premium pick on the easiest position to find anywhere. No running backs before at least round 5. Beef up the lines (take your pick OL or young DL), get a tight end that can stretch defenses, draft a QB you have good feelings about (though i don't think they exist this year) etc ANYTHING but a RB in the early rounds.

If by some miracle TE Maxx Williams is still there when the Bills pick in the second round, you take him. He can stay in and block, run routes down the middle of the field, and flex in to the slot. No brainer.

If not, you pick the best interior offensive lineman left on your board.

The Bills should not pick a RB in the second round. If they start the year with Boobie Dixon as their #1 RB no one should be surprised or disappointed. If CJ leaves I just hope he ends up outside the division. He has plenty left in the tank...all he needs is inspiration and confidence.

This draft should be logical and methodical. More like Gorge Foreman than Floyd Mayweather.

Edited by 217014170

They should be able to find one outside the draft or draft one very late. Say goodbye to CJ. Even during his good season, he couldn't find a hole if it had a neon sign. I want his last run to be his last Bills run (sideways as usual).

I take TJ Yeldon after the Top 2 backs. I think TE gets addressed in FA. RB maybe a far more important position in this draft than people are thinking. I really hope Gurley drops to 50 he is the type of back that can make a bad Oline look good.

Only CJ can decide whether or not he resigns.

And yes, I plan to make this joke at EVERY opportunity. THROUGHOUT the offseason.

Enjoy yourself! Life is too short to pass on happiness.

They should be able to find one outside the draft or draft one very late. Say goodbye to CJ. Even during his good season, he couldn't find a hole if it had a neon sign. I want his last run to be his last Bills run (sideways as usual).

Well, 6 YPC is really not too shabby. He has had poor blocking and was poorly utilized lately. Decent blocking and coaching and he's a serious weapon.

Assuming that Todd Gurley and Melvin Gordon are gone in the first round or early 2nd - do we re sign CJ or draft a RB in round two? My choice at RB would be either Ameer Abdulah or Duke Johnson. I live in South Florida and have seen Duke Johnson for three years both before the injury at Florida State and this year after the injury; he got better each and every week of the season. ( I would love for him to fall into the third round and it would be a no brainier) but we can not gamble at the RB position. So the million dollar question is do we re-sign CJ or go out in the draft and get a RB in the second round? I could live with Ameer or Duke and we would have them at a reasonable cost for the next four years. It means no OL help in the second round and thus probablably no immediate help from the draft in the OL. So we would need to address the OL with another free agent or from within. It would be nice to let the chips fall and then decided but - we do not live in fantasy land and these decisions must be made sooner rather than later.

I let CJ walk - if he is looking for big $$$ - if not then resign him and go in another direction in round 2.

Let CJ walk... He will see greener pastures in New Jersey.

I'd like to take an RB as soon as possible. Yeldon is falling off most peoples draft boards, and I can see why. Coleman might be a larger version of CJ. Hopefully, he can beef up and play more physically. Duke Johnson in the second woudnt be the worst thing either. If we don't get a RB in the 2nd, maybe Ajayi would be available in the third, in which case we should take him. In the last case, I dont want to draft a TE. None of them overwhelm me. They're all talented, just not the perfect fit. Jordan Cameron would me my FA choice because his health isnt that much of an issue due to our depth at TE (Chandler, Gray, Smith). I would like a guard like Tomlinson, especially if we dont pick up Iupati.

People need to stop thinking about replacing Spiller and instead think about replacing Fred Jackson. He isn't getting any younger.

Very true. He has been my favorite Bill (other than K Williams) for this decade. We need a younger + more explosive version of him.

Edited by Uffalo Ills