Josh McCown anybody? Update: Is a Brown...end of story.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go ahead, gve your plan.

Why would you want them to get better, you think they are franchise material? It doesnt matter who we talk about, there is no upside.

Huh? Why would we want them to get better? So that the Bills have the best QB that is available to them. If EJ, Locker or Ponder were to grow into competent starters, then problem solved until the Bills get a (rare) shot at a truly great QB prospect - you have to realize the truly great ones are few and far between.

In addition, I am not sure that Locker and Ponder aren't already better than McCown.

Edited by OldTimer1960

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I just read this on ESPN.

McCown is a 12-year NFL veteran who went 1-10 in his only season with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers before being released by the team earlier this month. Overall, he has a 17-32 career record split among six teams.

WTF?!?!?!?!?!!?

:sick: :sick: :sick:

Look I'm not doing backflips over this move either. But why are you so obsessed with W-L as being the end all be all QB statistic. You are pulling this in every thread now. As we all know, Matt Cassel went 11-5. It's almost as if you fail to grasp that how good the rest of your team is factors into your record. And also, the guy is one year removed from a better season than your little buddy will ever have. You should save those green about to puke emoticons for when EJ starts to take reps in camp and the preseason, during which McCown will win the job with ease, despite the fact, as others have pointed out, that everyone, including myself, wants EJ to win this job. Mark my words, he will not.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Look I'm not doing backflips over this move either. But why are you so obsessed with W-L as being the end all be all QB statistic. You are pulling this in every thread now. As we all know, Matt Cassel went 11-5. It's almost as if you fail to grasp that how good the rest of your team is factors into your record. And also, the guy is one year removed from a better season than your little buddy will ever have. You should save those green about to puke emoticons for when EJ starts to take reps in camp and the preseason, during which McCown will win the job with ease, despite the fact, as others have pointed out, that everyone, including myself, wants EJ to win this job. Mark my words, he will not.

Seconded. You can make a very compelling case against McCown using more meaningful quantitative info than wins and losses.

I would rate Sanchez, Hoyer, and Locker all above McCown. The difference being those guys are all starters and McCown is a career backup. So that just shows the Bills plan on starting EJ and then have a veteran backup available for when he fails rather than actually bringing in competition like what they said they would do. This stinks

BECAUSE W/L IS ALL THAT MATTERS!!!!!! so then the indicated record of 17-32 means nothing to you?

6000 passing yards and 5 wins doesn't get you shite!!!

Please look this up and tell me the name of the QB that lead the NFL in passing yards in a specific season and had won the SB in that year.

Let me save you the trouble the answer is NONE

The # of QB's that have are ZERO, ZIP, NADA, ZILCH

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I would rate Sanchez, Hoyer, and Locker all above McCown. The difference being those guys are all starters and McCown is a career backup. So that just shows the Bills plan on starting EJ and then have a veteran backup available for when he fails rather than actually bringing in competition like what they said they would do. This stinks

Hoyer is a career backup. His starting "gig" doesn't count any more than McCown's. He beat out an alcoholic little dude.

BECAUSE W/L IS ALL THAT MATTERS!!!!!! so then the indicated record of 17-32 means nothing to you?

Please look this up and tell me the name of the QB that lead the NFL in passing yards in a specific season and had won the SB in that year.

You're wrong. The 1999 Rams led the league in passing yards. Beuerlein had more yards than Warner, but football is a team game, so I judge the passing game as a whole.

Also, won-loss records in baseball aren't even that indicative for pitchers. They're even less indicative in football.

Edited by dave mcbride

I asked the same question, apparently he is at least more mobile than Orton. I can't say I have studied him though.

I recall McCown being pretty mobile in the pocket and could scramble pretty well too. Not a Wilson/Kap type, but not a statue.

You're wrong. The 1999 Rams led the league in passing yards. Beuerlein had more yards than Warner, but football is a team game, so I judge the passing game as a whole.

Also, won-loss records in baseball aren't even that indicative for pitchers. They're even less indicative in football.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=true&conference=null&statisticCategory=PASSING&season=1999&seasonType=REG&experience=&tabSeq=0&qualified=false&Submit=Go

Steve Beuerlein led the league in passing yards in 1999. And yes Warner was #2. I was not wrong

Dude you are all over the place. Yes, at the end of the day, wins are the most important thing in football. No one is disputing that. However there are 53 guys on a football team. If you took a middling QB, let's say Alex Smith for example, and put him on the Jaguars last year, he would've gone 5-11. If Russell Wilson got hurt in preseason and the Seahawks went and traded for Alex Smith, the Seahawks still would've went 11-5 minimum. So the same guy, Alex Smith, has a drastically different record based on his supporting casts. Hell, Kyle Orton had a winning record on the Bills last year and he pretty much sucked. That says a lot about the Bills defense. Kyle Orton would NOT have had a winning record on the Buccaneers last year. The Buccaneers were/are in complete and utter disarray as a football team. Do you understand what I'm saying a little bit? And this is not even a defense of McCown.

Edited by metzelaars_lives