Anyone Else Missing Stevie?

Uffalo Ills

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do like him (I still have his jersey hanging in my closet) but I don’t want him back. Not even a little. It has nothing to do with his occasional dropped pass or things he said. Overall I think he’s a good dude, LOVED Buffalo and can be a quality player...but only if he’s in the right situation and I don't think this team is the right situation. His erratic route running is a QB killer and I ultimately think that’s why we got rid of him. He doesn’t fit in a timing based offense because the QB doesn’t always know where he’ll be and when he’ll be there. The only reason he and Fitz had a connection is because they ran the scout team together for 2 years so they had a ton of reps in practice. Some will say look what he did despite of having Fitz as his QB. I say he was only able to do what he did because of the time he was able to work with Fitz in practice. If I were him, I'd try to go wherever Fitz is.

Edited by 3 --> 10 Connection

Just a bit?

I hated his butterfingers and his loud mouth, but man, he had moves...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5zFbLzEdzM

He could teach Sammy a thing or two about getting open, in my opinion.

PS: Does anyone know when his contract with the 49ers ends? I would really be open to taking him back. Its not like we need him or anything, but, I'm just reminiscing

Absolutely not. He could teach Sammy nothing. I liked his down to earth personality, but just what he's not doing in San Fran should be enough to make this a non issue.

Stevie is probably the best 7th round pick in team history. He is one of the best Wrs in franchise history and did nothing but prop Buffalo up. The hate he gets here is pathetic.

That said, it's time to move on. But I was against moving him and replacing him with Mike Williams from the start. But Marrone's handling of the situation proved me wrong.

You could say that about Kyle Williams, Glenn, Wood, Mario, etc.

Marrone is an idiot.

Every player that was on our team from 2000-2013 is part of the losing culture... only players that were brand new to our team last year have a winning record with us.. so what is that... like 10 players we have left?

Every player that was on our team from 2000-2013 is part of the losing culture... only players that were brand new to our team last year have a winning record with us.. so what is that... like 10 players we have left?

I called it the Aaron Schobel disease. Good players get blamed for the losing. Schobel was a good player on a bad team. He's be a good player on a good team.

football is the ultimate team game.

I think it was more that Stevie came up small in big moments.