Hi from Seoul, South Korea

I'm just waking up here on Sunday morning - thanks for all the warm welcome messages - it's really appreciated!

As far as the gratitude for my service - thank you, but I'm the one who made out in the deal with all the great travel and memories.

Try

키노33 (KINO 33)

Jazz Club[/size] and Concert Hall[/size]

강남구 청담동 98-1[/size], Cheong dam dong, Seoul[/size], South Korea

pretty cool place. nothing but LPs played on turntables. 1000's of LPs in a library stack behind the bar. different. get the korean fried chicken, fantastic.

Will do SOON. When I go, I'll take picture and post for you. Thank you for the suggestion.

and as an avid 9 ball billiards player , I was totally awestruck by the game "3-Cushion" played there..and elsewhere. What a game. Still looking for 3-Cushion table in the Korean-American clusters in the D..C. area. Try it. Very cool.

Welcome to the club! While you may occasionally get abused for your point-of-view, this is probably the best place on the planet to stay abreast of the Bills.

I spent 13 months at Camp Casey in 1988. Back in those days, all of 2ID was stationed there though I hear both Casey and TDC are much different now. But I loved it in my time. The Korean people were friendly and the food was great. If I knew I was going to die tomorrow, I'd have Korean BBQ tonight.

Thanks for your service (not retiring yet?), enjoy Seoul, and Go Bills!

Inside, Camp Casey is mostly the same. Outside the post, the entertainment has changed - somewhat. (My first time there was in 1998). The Korean people are good to me too. I'll have 21 years on 1 April and have no plans whatsoever to stop - truthfully, I think I'm scared to stop serving. Anyway, thanks for your welcome.

I lived near the Mokdong station most of my time there so yeah I passed your neighborhood a few times ha. I went to the tower a couple of times, nice area. The base is/was right there right? Are they really going to do away with the American presence there? Up by the boarder is bizzarro. I was going to go for a visit but they shot a missile over Japan that week, ah well. I generally don't like hermits anyway, no senses of humor. I lived by a dog farm in Pagu BTW, only there for a month though, noise from that place was intense and not pleasant. On the otherhand there was a drive in movie there which was kind of strange and fun.

BTW I would think the only Bill fans are at the base. I didn't find any amongst the teachers I knew lol

For now, the US is staying right where they have been for the last 60+ years - I know because I'm a lead on the transition team.

It's hard to find like minded fans from any team because the 1pm (EST) Sunday games start on Monday in Korea at 2am/3am (depending on the fall season time change). Let me tell you, during the season, Monday is a LONG work day - especially if your boss doesn't get up to watch football. Thanks for sharing your Korea experience with me!!

the bills didn't win over any korean fans when they had gangnam style do the halftime show during that toronto game????!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I remember that, it was TOTALLY unbelievable for me.... That they imported that Korean stuff so close to my hometown / region. Not only are there no Bills fans in Korea (Among the Korean populace) but they didn't even show the Superbowl here. I checked all the local channels during the game and asked my Korean friends about it - they were clueless about the game. I was surprised because I always hear about the game being a worldwide broadcast.

Thank you for your service and welcome!

But, real men post from North Korea. North Korea is Best Korea.

Hahahahahaha....... Thanks for the Richie Incognito bully style welcome ...... I like it and I'm smiling ..... Not sarcasm. I look forward to the off-season banter.

Thank you both for your service greatly appreciated.

You will both have to get to Hammer's for a tailgate party.

That's an order. I will forgive you for not sending the wine

Edited by mead107

Welcome and thank you for your service!

The Korean people were friendly and the food was great. If I knew I was going to die tomorrow, I'd have Korean BBQ tonight.

Do yourself a favor and plan on it for tomorrow or some night soon. It's too easy to put off the things you love and then... just not have time to get around to it. Time does fly...

You got it! I'll bring my son too - pictured (although I haven't yet figured out how to rotate his pic). He's almost 6 but turning into a mans man - I think he can handle - unless you might advise otherwise.

Anyway - I look forward to it. I'll choose a game when the schedule gets published and will let you know. Done!

I left western NY (Rochester / Webster ) in 1989 to go to college and then joined the US Army and sadly haven't been back home since then. However, the members of this site have done a great job of keeping my heart close to home - thank you! Other than being a back-up on my high school football team at RL Thomas

Go Bills!

And G'day from Nelson, New Zealand from a fellow Webster High (RL Thomas) grad! (Class of '87)

I certainly know how you feel about not living near any Bills fans!

Edited by Bad Things

Hi everyone, I'm a long time follower of Two Bills Drive and a Bills fan since 1981. I waited till the off season to say hello so as not to interfere with the regular season news stream.

I left western NY (Rochester / Webster ) in 1989 to go to college and then joined the US Army and sadly haven't been back home since then. However, the members of this site have done a great job of keeping my heart close to home - thank you! Other than being a back-up on my high school football team at RL Thomas - I have no special insight to the game or the team - so don't expect anything fancy from me. I'm now serving in Seoul, South Korea - still with the US Army - and if there are any other fans near by (I seriously doubt it) please be sure to say hi.

Anyway, I wanted to finally introduce myself and I'm hoping to make a positive contribution to this page whenever I can.

Have a great day and best wishes to my neighbors at heart in Western New York!

Go Bills!

Glad you are with us.

Dang still in the Army! going for 30 yrs?

Glad you are with us.

Dang still in the Army! going for 30 yrs?

No, our Navy friend who was one of the first to comment has done 30 years. I've only completed 21 years - we'll almost - in April 2015 I will have completed 21 years. Anyway, thanks for your kind welcome.

Always great to have another vet around. Be safe over there in the land of soju and kimshi

Thanks for your welcome - what's your story ? With the US Marines I assume ?

Wow - that's awesome!!! You're further away from home than I am. I made a promise to mead107 that I'm coming back for a game later this year.... I already did half the coordination today - will be there in conjunction with thanksgiving - I'm just waiting for the schedule to be published. Join us if u can.

I am at Hammer's lot for every home opener when the Navy hasn't kept me away. (Back corner by the pine trees) This year I just hope it isn't week one as my wife and I are taking a trip to celebrate my retirement!

Wow - that's awesome!!! You're further away from home than I am. I made a promise to mead107 that I'm coming back for a game later this year.... I already did half the coordination today - will be there in conjunction with thanksgiving - I'm just waiting for the schedule to be published. Join us if u can.

I am at Hammer's lot for every home opener when the Navy hasn't kept me away. (Back corner by the pine trees) This year I just hope it isn't week one as my wife and I are taking a trip to celebrate my retirement!

Would love to see you! I'll post my my agenda as we get closer to thanksgiving. Is it appropriate to bring my 6 year old son along to a tailgate at HammerLot? I really don't know - so it's a serious question.

No, our Navy friend who was one of the first to comment has done 30 years. I've only completed 21 years - we'll almost - in April 2015 I will have completed 21 years. Anyway, thanks for your kind welcome.

Thanks for your welcome - what's your story ? With the US Marines I assume ?

21 years active service in the Marines. Was in aviation Fixed wing (harriers). I retired in 2011 fully along with 90 percent disabled so I decided to go back to school. I chose nursing, graduate with a 4 year from Dyouville next spring. Will be working at the VA hospital on Bailey in Buffalo most likely. Whats your story? I never was stationed in Korea , just Japan but did a 3 week stint up in Pohang (Marine expeditionary Camp Pohang) Edited by billsfan_34

Welcome and I appreciate your service!

^ignore^ this one BNIK. He plays for the other team. Most other folks here are OK.

I'm just waking up here on Sunday morning - thanks for all the warm welcome messages - it's really appreciated!

As far as the gratitude for my service - thank you, but I'm the one who made out in the deal with all the great travel and memories.

Inside, Camp Casey is mostly the same. Outside the post, the entertainment has changed - somewhat. (My first time there was in 1998). The Korean people are good to me too. I'll have 21 years on 1 April and have no plans whatsoever to stop - truthfully, I think I'm scared to stop serving. Anyway, thanks for your welcome.

Super bowl TV...come on...AFN....always carried the NFL playoffs when I was watching! OK, maybe Korean Tv doesn't, but......on base for sure. OK 6am is tough...but, for true fans, you can do it. Also, can buy the game on the internet real time if you are outside of NA....my son did it in Japan for 7 years.

Edited by bigK14094

Welcome from both a fellow Bills fan and veteran. I did two tours in Korea, first time up at Camp Howze, and second time at Camp Casey...ahh, fun times, fond memories :-)

Welcome again and Let's Go Buffalo!!

I've been to both camps - good stuff!

Thanks for your kind welcome!

Welcome to the board and thank you for your service!! You will find us obnoxious at times but don't take it personally. We all love this team and just have different views on how to reach our common goal.

Obnoxious ? I love it! Bring it on! I can take!

21 years active service in the Marines. Was in aviation Fixed wing (harriers). I retired in 2011 fully along with 90 percent disabled so I decided to go back to school. I chose nursing, graduate with a 4 year from Dyouville next spring. Will be working at the VA hospital on Bailey in Buffalo most likely. Whats your story? I never was stationed in Korea , just Japan but did a 3 week stint up in Pohang (Marine expeditionary Camp Pohang)

I've been in since '94, 5 years enlisted (made my E5 and dam proud of it) in combat support and 16 years as an officer - where they assigned me as logistician. If you can believe it, I haven't lived in the US since 1995. Have served throughout Europe and Asia and love it - ALOT - but more than ever I'm ready to come home. I definitely know Pohang - partied hard there - girls dancing on tables, whiskey and everything else. I also spent time at Camp Zama - wow were the ladies great there - and of course went to Roppongi in Tokyo -WOW. We have definitely crossed paths. Anyway, now I have to take care of my wonderful son, my profile pic ( I still don't know how to rotate that picture) I just promised him today that I will take him to his first Bills game around Thanksgiving this year - I have to wait for the scheduled to be published. It will be a huge culture shock for me to come back to the states - I hope I don't do or say anything too offensive . Finally - Thanks for sharing your background!!!

Super bowl TV...come on...AFN....always carried the NFL playoffs when I was watching! OK, maybe Korean Tv doesn't, but......on base for sure. OK 6am is tough...but, for true fans, you can do it. Also, can buy the game on the internet real time if you are outside of NA....my son did it in Japan for 7 years.

As I believe I stated earlier in this post - the game wasn't on local tv when I thought it would be. I didn't say I didn't watch the SB. Also, AFN is not available to those who live in apt towers such as myself where satellite dishes are prohibited - I'm on the 21st floor of a 32 story apt bldg. Additionally, I also stated earlier that I ALWAYS wake up for each game at 2am Monday morning so a 8:30am SB start time is easy - they give us the day off for the game. FYI, I watch my games online on NFL GamePass. Sorry if I mislead u in an earlier post.