Chris Kelsay's hunting trip

YoloinOhio

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never had Buffalo meat. If anyone has is it good or distinctive in taste? I'd be very interested to know.

It's good. I know when I am eating it. Not sure if you would if someone did not tell you ahead of time. It's not gamey like an old deer can get. Very lean.

I've never had Buffalo meat. If anyone has is it good or distinctive in taste? I'd be very interested to know.

Yes, it is good, not gamey and relatively healthy for you. My wife's doctor is actually the one who turned her onto it. She gets the organic stuff and it ain't cheap!

EDIT: I just looked. A 12oz package is $9.99. Mr. Kelsay seems to have stumbled upon another fortune! That's a big beast!

Edited by Augie

Who called it a sport? Did'nt see that post. I hunt to feed my family. G9ood clean meat, Antibiotic free, Hormone free, and processed by me. Seen beef prices lately? I have 5 to feed.

I'm with you, man. We've got 3 boys and nobody's happier than my wife that we've got 2 deer in the freezer. And i got a few weekends at hunting camp to get them. Dudes who don't hunt got no clue what they're missing out on.

I don't hunt, and I have no desire to. However, we do enjoy a good steak or an occassional burger, and I made a very nice chicken dish tonight. I'm glad I got to work with the end product. My only hope is that people eat what they kill. The people I know who do hunt are all firm on that point.