Attn Breaking Bad Fans: Better Call Saul begins Sun 2/8 10pm

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Talking Saul - the first letters of all the episode titles can be arranged to spell 'Fring's back'

Called the ending to my wife as soon as Jimmy started to confess. Told her that was what he got in the garage

I didn't think chuck would record it, but I kept saying to myself DON'T SAY A WORD!

I actually thought howard was gonna appear from behind one of the foil walls, but yeah, obvious.

How about Mikes car horn. Holy crap

I thought Mike might shoot the guys who shot the driver, when he couldn't get a shot at Salamanca, was hoping this was where he gets wheelchair bound.

edit: how the heck is Odenkirk in the crowd but not on set of Talking Saul?

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

I've tried to predict Gilliigan's next moves in Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul in the past and more often than not was proven wrong.

And boy was I wrong. If anything it

Jimmy is the one that dies. Jimmy mentioned something about carrying on the family name. Chuck will make sure that doesn't happen. It's ironic how Mr Law (Chuck) will resort to blackmail. And then again, I could be wrong.

Edited by Justice

And boy was I wrong. If anything it

Jimmy is the one that dies. Jimmy mentioned something about carrying on the family name. Chuck will make sure that doesn't happen. It's ironic how Mr Law (Chuck) will resort to blackmail. And then again, I could be wrong.

As I read in a review last night, Chuck is a bigger con man than Jimmy could ever be.

One thing I liked is the episode name, "Klick." They mentioned on the after-show that it's standard military slang for one kilometer, as a reference to the distance Mike was shooting from (one klick).

What they didn't mention was that the story ended with a "klick" when Chuck turned off the tape recorder.

It's the attention paid to little details like that makes BCS (and BB) as great as they are.

edit: what is an Easter egg in a show?

An Easter egg is something unremarkable, usually small or barely noticeable, that alludes to a person or scene in a previous episode, different show, or something else completely different. Here's an article that lists a few from Better Call Saul:

http://uproxx.com/tv/better-call-saul-easter-eggs-switch/

i know they would never be so hokey in this show, but wouldn't it be brilliant if chuck's tape recording is 'foiled' by all the foil in the room and it causes interference while trying to record? :w00t:

You know I had that thought as well. The next thing that crossed my mind is that this is the straw that breaks the camels back finally and leads him to becoming Saul Goodman officially (even though we can tell he's almost there as a character just without the name). I am really interested to see where this recording leads. Chuck aggravates me more than Skylar ever did in BB and that's saying a lot. Chuck is !@#$ed up in the head.

The one thing Chuck needed to guarantee the success of his ruse, the single most important element of his con, was the total and unconditional love that Jimmy has for his brother. Chuck is an evil prick.

The one thing Chuck needed to guarantee the success of his ruse, the single most important element of his con, was the total and unconditional love that Jimmy has for his brother. Chuck is an evil prick.

Of course, Jimmy took advantage of Chuck's illness to torpedo him professionally, to Kim's benefit. So maybe Chuck's somewhat justified in taking advantage of that "unconditional love," seeing how it's...y'know...somewhat conditional.

Just pointing out that it's never that clear-cut. Hell, between BB and BCS, has there been any major character that's been a clear archetype? Some of the minor characters, as foils...but one that's been fleshed-out at all?

Of course, Jimmy took advantage of Chuck's illness to torpedo him professionally, to Kim's benefit. So maybe Chuck's somewhat justified in taking advantage of that "unconditional love," seeing how it's...y'know...somewhat conditional.

Just pointing out that it's never that clear-cut. Hell, between BB and BCS, has there been any major character that's been a clear archetype? Some of the minor characters, as foils...but one that's been fleshed-out at all?

Nope, not buying it. All I needed to know about Chuck was revealed last night. His ability to run a con makes slippin'Jimmy look like a rank amateur. For me, it isn't whether or not Chuck is justified as every character can justify his actions even if only to himself. This is about what motivates the characters to act and Chuck has made it clear over two seasons now. He is clearly unable to act in anyone's best interests but his own. Any sympathy he engendered as a tragic character is gone.

i'll watch it two or three times. and not catch everything.

watching it first time now. i love piracy.

Edited by Boyst62

An Easter egg is something unremarkable, usually small or barely noticeable, that alludes to a person or scene in a previous episode, different show, or something else completely different. Here's an article that lists a few from Better Call Saul:

http://uproxx.com/tv/better-call-saul-easter-eggs-switch/

thanks, I miss a lot of those because I'm usually on my computer while I watch TV, just don't have enough time to do them separately.

Nope, not buying it. All I needed to know about Chuck was revealed last night. His ability to run a con makes slippin'Jimmy look like a rank amateur. For me, it isn't whether or not Chuck is justified as every character can justify his actions even if only to himself. This is about what motivates the characters to act and Chuck has made it clear over two seasons now. He is clearly unable to act in anyone's best interests but his own. Any sympathy he engendered as a tragic character is gone.

Chuck's jealousy of Jimmy is sad and pathetic considering he has been way more successful than Jimmy. Poor chuck Mommy loves Jimmy more, Wah! get over it hypochondriac (of course can't have a good show without it.)

:thumbsup:

But Kim knows that what said Chuck was right.

Brilliant legal mind that Chuck is, he should know that tape is not admissible in Court or a hearing before the Bar

More likely he blackmails Jimmy with the threat of playing it to Kim and/or Mesa Verde