Attn Breaking Bad Fans: Better Call Saul begins Sun 2/8 10pm

PromoTheRobot

Well, I'm in the minority here but I thought the finale was awful. Maybe I'm missing something but they leave Mike a note? Wtf? Are they going to give him detention next? It's the cartel! Why they just put two in his head?

As far as Jimmy goes, if he can't figure out that Chuck has screwed him at every turn, then he's not the brilliant tactician he thinks he is. Admitting to a felony given Chuck's past actions? No common sense at all.

It's not the cartel that put a note, it's Frings head of security. Generally, you have a guy with a sniper rifle about to take out a cartel leader whom you never heard of before. Chances are, you want to find out who you're dealing with.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not the cartel that put a note, it's Frings head of security. Generally, you have a guy with a sniper rifle about to

take out a cartel leader whom you never heard of before. Chances are, you want to find out who you're dealing with.

I guess. It just seemed too civil. When didn't they grab him up for a talk?

Because that's less dramatic?

The devil never introduces himself up front.

Edited by meazza

It's not the cartel that put a note, it's Frings head of security. Generally, you have a guy with a sniper rifle about to take out a cartel leader whom you never heard of before. Chances are, you want to find out who you're dealing with.

This and...

I'm sure Gus would've loved to see Mike put a bullet in Hector, but the time wasn't right. Gus still needed Hector at the time.

Plus Gus can use a guy like Mike. You can't just find people with Mike's particular type of skill set in the yellow pages.

Edited by Justice

This and...

I'm sure Gus would've loved to see Mike put a bullet in Hector, but the time wasn't right. Gus still needed Hector at the time.

Plus Gus can use a guy like Mike. You can't just find people with Mike's particular type of skill set in the yellow pages.

I don't think he needs Hector as much as, someone with a sniper rifle took out a cartel leader. Chances are it wasn't a random old cop with a grudge but the leading competitor.

Could possibly trigger a war.

Wasn't it Gus that warned Hank in the parking lot right before the assassination attempt?

Yep. Gus takes Cousins off Walter, puts them on Hank, warns Hank.

Gus protects Walter, Hank takes two cartel sicarios out of the picture for Gus - or at worst, Hank doesn't take them out, but either way the full weight of the DEA comes down on cartel operations. Gus wins.

When does Gus Fring ever act that directly? Even in BB, to get someone's attention he'd just text "pollos."

Edited by DC Tom

Brilliant legal mind that Chuck is, he should know that tape is not admissible in Court or a hearing before the Bar

More likely he blackmails Jimmy with the threat of playing it to Kim and/or Mesa Verde

which won't matter. Mesa vertex won't want the drama

I'm thinking it's possible Nacho had someone leave the note and rig the horn to stop Mike killing Hector because they believe the consequences for killing him would be worse then Mike thinks and not good for the rest of the guys working for Hector.

That's incredibly risky. If this person would rat on Nacho which is possible, then Nacho would be a dead man.

Maybe he broke good and became a Spanish teacher.

Actually he turns over a new leaf and leaves New Mexico for Switzerland, where disguised as a nun, opens a home for runaway teens in his own spinoff called "Nacho Madre".

Actually he turns over a new leaf and leaves New Mexico for Switzerland, where disguised as a nun, opens a home for runaway teens in his own spinoff called "Nacho Madre".

:lol: I would definitely watch that.

wasn't it mentioned in BB? That he was dead?

Even if not what happened to him in BB?

Only mention I know if is when Walt and Jesse have Saul on his knees at gunpoint, and he says "It wasn't me, it was Ignacio!"

But as for what happened to him...what happened to Howard? Or the vet that was giving Mike work? Or Ernesto? Or Mrs. Strauss? Or Jimmy's student cameraman? "Not in BB" doesn't necessarily mean "dead." It could be Nacho's in prison. Or maybe he went into hiding because he's the one who crippled Hector Salamanca (wouldn't that be an interesting twist? Nacho goes into hiding from Hector, which is how Saul meets the guy who ultimately sends him into hiding.)

Only mention I know if is when Walt and Jesse have Saul on his knees at gunpoint, and he says "It wasn't me, it was Ignacio!"

But as for what happened to him...what happened to Howard? Or the vet that was giving Mike work? Or Ernesto? Or Mrs. Strauss? Or Jimmy's student cameraman? "Not in BB" doesn't necessarily mean "dead." It could be Nacho's in prison. Or maybe he went into hiding because he's the one who crippled Hector Salamanca (wouldn't that be an interesting twist? Nacho goes into hiding from Hector, which is how Saul meets the guy who ultimately sends him into hiding.)

howard, dead. died of strobe light complications

vet, died. bit by cocker spaniel and got bacterial diabetes.

ernesto. killed. was crossing the street and fell in a manhole. when he climbed out a light pole fell on him and when he woke up from being knocked out he sneezed to hard and broke his neck.

mrs strauss. died from a gun shot. robbing the local bank for liquor money

jimmy's student camera men. died. took too many blue pills filming girls gone wild.

evidently, you didn't pay attention during bb

hard to believe its the same guy, not to mention him as David St. Hubbins

I had to watch that twice to get that "Chuck" played Lenny. :lol:

He's got a filmography a mile long. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0571106/?ref_=tt_cl_t8

They should just re-name the show "Chuck's an !@#$"

Well, he does have quite a past...

tumblr_m4j0clOeNq1r93kio.jpg

You know I had that thought as well. The next thing that crossed my mind is that this is the straw that breaks the camels back finally and leads him to becoming Saul Goodman officially (even though we can tell he's almost there as a character just without the name). I am really interested to see where this recording leads. Chuck aggravates me more than Skylar ever did in BB and that's saying a lot. Chuck is !@#$ed up in the head.

What gave you the clue?

Your theory could also set up how Saul meets the vacuum cleaner guy