Bo Levi Mitchell - The SHOULD Be Bills Franchise QB Champion

Vinaccia

It's really hard to judge CFL Qb's (Or any player position for that matter) because of the sheer size of the field, and all the motion in the CFL. I mean, I feel bad for CFL DB's, how the hell do you cover someone with that much room to move? I like this kid, don't get me wrong, but judging talent as it translates to the NFL from the CFL is tough to do even watching film. I am sure Terry could pry him away, but at what cost, and what assurances can be had when grading one league to another is so difficult.

Just food for thought.

Tim-

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the naysayers, what would it hurt to give the kid a look? It's not like we'd be using a first round pick or something. It would just be some chump change of Pegula. Why not give him a shot? He may be an upgrade from EJ or he may not. Only one way to find out. Typical of so many Buffalonians to say no so quickly. "We fear change"

To the naysayers, what would it hurt to give the kid a look? It's not like we'd be using a first round pick or something. It would just be some chump change of Pegula. Why not give him a shot? He may be an upgrade from EJ or he may not. Only one way to find out. Typical of so many Buffalonians to say no so quickly. "We fear change"

What naysayers?? The guy is UNDER CONTRACT until 2016. You can't give him a look unless his CFL team, Calgary, lets you. And why would they let an NFL team walk in and take their best player?

What naysayers?? The guy is UNDER CONTRACT until 2016. You can't give him a look unless his CFL team, Calgary, lets you. And why would they let an NFL team walk in and take their best player?

Could they work out some sort of deal like MLB has with the Japanese baseball leagues, where they have to pay the league a certain amount of money to try to negotiate?

Could they work out some sort of deal like MLB has with the Japanese baseball leagues, where they have to pay the league a certain amount of money to try to negotiate?

Why would you pay to negotiate with him? Just wait a year and check him out.

I live in Katy Texas and both my son's graduates after having played for the same high school. Katy high school is a perennial power house football program that has gone to the Texas division 5 A state championship game the last 3 Years in a row. The team is built on no one person being bigger then the program. Andy Dalton is also a graduate of Katy High School. I would love to see Bo get a chance in the NFL.

It amazes when I watch NFL football how many of the QBs played high school football in Texas. Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, Nick Foles, Dalton, Matt Stafford, Andrew Luck, Christian Ponder, Ryan Mallett. Even John Skelton and Kevin Kolb played HS football in Texas.

Almost makes a guy think we should target QBs who played High School football in Texas.

It amazes when I watch NFL football how many of the QBs played high school football in Texas. Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, Nick Foles, Dalton, Matt Stafford, Andrew Luck, Christian Ponder, Ryan Mallett. Even John Skelton and Kevin Kolb played HS football in Texas.

Almost makes a guy think we should target QBs who played High School football in Texas.

Without Florida, Texas and California, the NFL would be a vastly different creature. And youth/high school football participation is in a severe decline in at least California.

I think it really boils down to the fact of how serious they take it there from such a young age. Although this doesn't guarantee success, it sure facilitates it. Mitchell would be great on the Bills.

Johnny Football....

And Josh McCown. :-)

Case Keenum.

Rodgers and Brady are from California. California wins.

Without Florida, Texas and California, the NFL would be a vastly different creature. And youth/high school football participation is in a severe decline in at least California.

Without sounding like too much of a homer none of those states are playing at the level of Louisiana. They just have more people. http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2014/09/louisiana_has_the_most_players.html Edited by Kirby Jackson

• 4 weeks later...

Update: Apparently no interest from any NFL organization so Mitchell signed an extension with the Stampeders to keep him in Calgary through the 2018 season.

I am not a football scout, but I can't understand why a young successful QB at all levels from high school to the professional CFL wouldn't get a look not even by an organization like the Bills with such a QB situation like that they have. The one year he had left on his contract could have been worked out by the Bills. Upon further researching, CFL organizations are often understanding of players that are going to get a start in the NFL and often waive terms. I can't help but imagine this mobile pretty accurate QB under the Greg Roman offense. Oh well, let's hope EJ can show the world what he's made of and bring the Bills to the playoffs.

I don't think it's a matter of him receiving "no interest" from any NFL team. I think it's a matter of him having no interest in starting from the bottom.

This from the Calgary Sun article announcing his extension leads me to believe that may be the case:

"I looked at what age Id be coming out after the two years in 2016, being 27", Mitchell said. "Its a good age to come out, it is, to try an NFL shot, but with zero NFL experience you're most likely going to be relegated to a No. 3. If you get lucky enough, maybe a No. 2, but thats mostly because you know somebody and I dont know a soul in the NFL, other than players."

http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/03/03/calgary-stampeders-sign-bo-levi-mitchell-through-to-2018-sources

Edited by BillsFanForever19

compensation in another way (receiving more players in return, money, etc.).

i vote that we trade lee smith and erik pears to them....

oh wait, we are free of those guys? its getting a little harder to make that joke about our roster and thats a GREAT thing.