Bills to go in little-talked-about direction at QB?

Rubes

I bet that he has some relationships in the building. He doesn't seem like the type to make stuff up. In part because he can't wait to take credit for it when it turns out to be true.

agreed, he loves to be right. And he must feel pretty confident about the Spikes thing because he tweeted Spikes directly and asked if the Bills had reached out to him yet.

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet that he has some relationships in the building. He doesn't seem like the type to make stuff up. In part because he can't wait to take credit for it when it turns out to be true.

That's the beauty of a vague statement like that- you could argue darn near anyone as truth or simply say it didn't work out. Whether it's a result of him, or his source I'm not sure yet. Part of me simply wonders if he hates the idea of being yesterday's news just as much as he loves the attention. Until he proves some fresh chops that are semi specific I'm going with a bit of doubt.

agreed, he loves to be right. And he must feel pretty confident about the Spikes thing because he tweeted Spikes directly and asked if the Bills had reached out to him yet.

What's the new spikes thing?

That's the beauty of a vague statement like that- you could argue darn near anyone as truth or simply say it didn't work out. Whether it's a result of him, or his source I'm not sure yet. Part of me simply wonders if he hates the idea of being yesterday's news just as much as he loves the attention. Until he proves some fresh chops that are semi specific I'm going with a bit of doubt.

What's the new spikes thing?

He just said that apparently Rex has specially requested the Bills re-sign him, he fits many of his schemes

He just said that apparently Rex has specially requested the Bills re-sign him, he fits many of his schemes

AWESOME!! i Billieve in Rex. Its going to be Hoyer and another FA.

The Rg3 thing is something i could get behind though. and maybe my favorite choice depending on the trade details

I dont know anything but i am betting against Leroi on this one.

EJ will be competing at TC.Thats my gut

I can't recall if you've mentioned this previously in the thread, but who among the detritus out there would be your favored option?

Great thread Rubes and Thank You for monitoring it! You exemplify how it's Supposed to be done here!

I'm buying in to the vagueness of the un-named source, only because we've absolutely covered every angle Bills fans can imagine. In the end, it's a bleak picture. Ergo, something just HAS to happen to add this most crucial part to a team READY to vie for contention. The Draft is out of the equation. The FA's are no better than anything since Bledsoe. Other teams back ups are what we have. EJ just doesn't have it -IMO. Peyton -et al- in the absolute twilight? No!

Ah, but just what IS it? Can't wait to find out! THIS is our favorite 'season'!

AWESOME!! i Billieve in Rex. Its going to be Hoyer and another FA.

The Rg3 thing is something i could get behind though. and maybe my favorite choice depending on the trade details

I dont know anything but i am betting against Leroi on this one.

EJ will be competing at TC.Thats my gut

Hoyer+RG3+EJ=AWESOME??

Great thread Rubes and Thank You for monitoring it! You exemplify how it's Supposed to be done here!

I'm buying in to the vagueness of the un-named source, only because we've absolutely covered every angle Bills fans can imagine. In the end, it's a bleak picture. Ergo, something just HAS to happen to add this most crucial part to a team READY to vie for contention. The Draft is out of the equation. The FA's are no better than anything since Bledsoe. Other teams back ups are what we have. EJ just doesn't have it -IMO. Peyton -et al- in the absolute twilight? No!

I agree 100% with you. You summed it up perfectly.

I still say some sort of interesting and convincing QB conversation was had at Pegula's house in Boca when they were courting our new head coach.

Someone, somewhere, some how must have suggested Plan X, and it must have been convincing enough to make Rex say: "I'm in!"

What was it?

QCity @QCityPredictions

Source tells me there will be an interesting and unexpected change coming to the Bills offensive line.

Hoyer+RG3+EJ=AWESOME??

I have concerns about you these days. context is implicit to response.

My retort , dear reader, is to RYAN wanting to bring back brandon " i will punch your neck m'fr" Spikes.

Going for RG3 and bringing in Hoyer to compete with EJ is just balls hangin out attitude.

thats all I am sayin man

I have concerns about you these days. context is implicit to response.

My retort , dear reader, is to RYAN wanting to bring back brandon " i will punch your neck m'fr" Spikes.

Going for RG3 and bringing in Hoyer to compete with EJ is just balls hangin out attitude.

thats all I am sayin man

agree on Spikes for a reasonable contract. He brings it. Our LBs are going to be very tough. We could also do worse at the QB position than RG3, EJ, hoyer in a run oriented offense. I'd be excited about that group - last year in camp it was EJ, Thad and Tuel time Edited by YoloinOhio

QCity @QCityPredictions

Source tells me there will be an interesting and unexpected change coming to the Bills offensive line.

Oh. I know the answer to this one!

Kiko will be cloned 5 times and all clones will play offensive line. Undersized, yes, but raw fear will in the opponent's D line will cause our O line to dominate.