Super Bowl Commercials, or did my TV just quit

Ralonzo

I thought the carnival spot was really classy, but then i'm a navy guy

BTW I want to follow kate upton into battle

That commercial irked me. Was a strong indication of evolution in that talking about us "coming from the sea". As a Christian that commercial rubbed me the wrong way for sure.

That commercial irked me. Was a strong indication of evolution in that talking about us "coming from the sea". As a Christian that commercial rubbed me the wrong way for sure.

You honesty still think evolution is some crazy "theory?" I honestly thought people believed in Science more than some book that was written 2000 years ago. Sorry, but this is absurd.

irked = start a war.

nice over-reaction.

^^This. Not starting a war. Just voicing my opinion. I don't care if people want to believe in evolution but it's my right (something I fought 25 years for in the Marines) to believe in God and creation. And in today's politically correct world where kids can't even pray in school or where they don't say the pledge of allegiance because of who it may offend I found it interesting that a commercial was aired during the super bowl that had a basis of evolution. Just my opinion. So Steve while I respect your belief, you don't see me calling you absurd for not believing like I do.

^^This. Not starting a war. Just voicing my opinion. I don't care if people want to believe in evolution but it's my right (something I fought 25 years for in the Marines) to believe in God and creation. And in today's politically correct world where kids can't even pray in school or where they don't say the pledge of allegiance because of who it may offend I found it interesting that a commercial was aired during the super bowl that had a basis of evolution. Just my opinion. So Steve while I respect your belief, you don't see me calling you absurd for not believing like I do.

I agree , Steve was out of line here. I believe in evolution, you have the right to believe in creationism.

That being said, i did a quick google, and the speaking track was JFK talking to the crews before an Americas Cup...pretty strong Catholic there.

Evolution is not a matter of faith, it is fact. You are of course entitled to your opinions but not to your own special "facts." If you want to put it in religious terms, you can go with the Catholic Church position, which is that creationism is false and evolution isfctual because it was arrived at through Reason, which is a gift of God that separates His human creatures from the animals.

And, for the record, the Supreme Court has guaranteed anyone can pray in public school so long as it is private, not public, and not forced upon the students by the school itself. That's because public schools are the property of all the citizens, not just the Baptists or some other sect. If you want more than that, start your own parochial school with your own money, just like Catholics have been doing in this country for nearly 200 years.

I never heard of a public school where the Pledge of Allegiance is prohibited.

Your overall opinion on these topics seems to have more in common with the faux fights like the phony "war on Christmas" that the Foxites trot out every year.

Heroin is a huge problem. I've got two friends at work with kids who are battling heroin abuse. More kids died of overdoses in St. Louis than people who were murdered. If you know St. Louis, that's a huge number.

But that spot was a total bummer.

Anything with that pig faced fatty, Kate Upon, is great in my book. I'd like to see her demonstrate how a girl runs, jumps rope, and plays hopscotch.

10-4. Friggin' Tommy Noble.

Where'd that chair come from?

Irked over nothing but a fantasy is what's funny. And yes that is how wars start... Someone gets "irked" over something that came out of a fairy tale.

Wars also start when someone says something foolish,

and then does not have the integrity to admit it.