I hate Marshawn Lynch

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think when it all comes down to it it depends on whether or not you enjoy listening to players give interviews. I for one have always hated listening to players speak bc i know its literally all BS. So i dont waste my time. Thats why i dont care about what lynch does. I actually find him amusing. If i was an owner id personally reimburse him for every league fine. Clowns.

The NFL isn't his boss.

When they fine you, suspend and other things they are his boss.

You're both just spinning your wheels at this point. The league is more than happy with the weirdness that comes out of Lynch's mouth. And, the idea that his talent is so pedestrian s just silly. His talent is what makes him a valuable commodity. Believe me, the league cares about that.

How are we spinning our wheels when we just said the same thing about the League.

Lynch's Talent doesn't mean JS, the only ones they would bend for are the Elite QBs.

I think when it all comes down to it it depends on whether or not you enjoy listening to players give interviews. I for one have always hated listening to players speak bc i know its literally all BS. So i dont waste my time. Thats why i dont care about what lynch does. I actually find him amusing. If i was an owner id personally reimburse him for every league fine. Clowns.

There are some guys I love listening to because I think they speak from the heart. Freddie and Kyle Williams come to mind.

But I'm not ashamed to admit that when Sunday's over and I'm itching for Bills football that won't come for another 7 days, I hang on every word any Bills player or coach makes during an interview to get me pumped up for the next game. Just like some of us feast on every little report or note that comes out of training camp. Performances in TC don't mean crap, but it sure feels like they do when you're starving for football.

Edited by TheBillsWillRiseAgain

when you agree to employment in the NFL as a player or coach this is the what you agreed to. No different then any other jobs out there. There are always stipulations to your employment, and Lynch signed those papers.

Personally I think fining players is a waste of time, Lynch be case #1, the guy just shrugs off the weak fines. Game suspensions and lost game checks makes more sense

I would argue the NFL is a lot different from other employers out there. As a football player, what other employment opportunities does Lynch have to make multimillions per year? If the guy wants to play football and make millions, he has no other option. If he doesn't want to give any more to a league filled with hypocrisy and takes the chance of fines for not living up to all their dumb rules, so be it. I for one love the way the guy leaves it all on the field for his team.

"Jeff Nixon, the former Bills star free safety who writes an insightful football blog at http://jeffnixon.sportsblog.com, touching on issues that affect retired players, said players of each generation have an obligation to do all they can to promote the NFL, which helps generate revenue for all players past, present and future.

In his eight-year career, Lynch has earned nearly $60 million.

"For that kind of money, I would talk to the press like I was being water-boarded by the CIA,'' wrote Nixon."

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/columnist/roth/2015/01/27/nfl-super-bowl-marshawn-lynch-buffalo-bills/22396099/

He was a really young kid who was out of Oakland for the first time. He did a lot of dumb things and surround himself with a crew of idiots. He says the police harrassed him unfairly. Also, the media tried to dig up a lot of dirt on him. There's a good article on Lynch on ESPN (I can't link it for some reason).

Lynch is sole reason he's not a Bill. He did a lot of dumb things. But I won't trust the media either. A bunch of snakes,

Let's not forget the hit and run on chippewa during his rookie season.

I honestly don't understand some of the people on this message board/fan base. He's a douche bag because he doesn't like talking to the media? The BS other players spew out is just as meaningless as his statements so I don't get where the hate comes from. He's been arguably the best RB in the league over the last 3-4 seasons and is beloved in Seattle, but HATED by some fans of the team that drafted him, its unbelievable.

I honestly don't understand some of the people on this message board/fan base. He's a douche bag because he doesn't like talking to the media? The BS other players spew out is just as meaningless as his statements so I don't get where the hate comes from. He's been arguably the best RB in the league over the last 3-4 seasons and is beloved in Seattle, but HATED by some fans of the team that drafted him, its unbelievable.

The dreads, grill and gangster attitude is what gets under some fans skin, if Aaron Rogers did this people wouldn't care as much.

Yeah I said it.

Haters hate because that is usually all they have left. What I don't understand is why someone with no skin in the game has to try and sell their hate to the rest of us? Is it to resonate with other haters and grow the hate? Justify it? Is being a hater a choice? Is it a quality worth teaching to our children? If so, at what age do we indoctrinate the value of elevating the self through the diminishment of others? Is this lucrative? It's all about the money, right? Neck Ties...Contracts...TNT......HIGH VOLTAGE!.

"Jeff Nixon, the former Bills star free safety who writes an insightful football blog at http://jeffnixon.sportsblog.com, touching on issues that affect retired players, said players of each generation have an obligation to do all they can to promote the NFL, which helps generate revenue for all players past, present and future.

In his eight-year career, Lynch has earned nearly $60 million.

"For that kind of money, I would talk to the press like I was being water-boarded by the CIA,'' wrote Nixon."

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/columnist/roth/2015/01/27/nfl-super-bowl-marshawn-lynch-buffalo-bills/22396099/

Ha ha, are you trying to support you stance with Jeff Nixon's blog?!?

Clearly your issues with Marshawn extend way beyond his reluctance to speak with the media. I thought that it was about him not "falling in line" but you support others (Incognito) that do the exact opposite of that do that can't be it? Where do you stand on Richard Sherman?

You've advocated trading a 1st team All-Pro DE for a QB with a 63 rating that is currently out of the league. I can't really figure out where you come up with such strong opinions? That's part of the reason that you are an interesting poster. You are like that crazy uncle that just says the most random things.

I just don't get it. At first I was very much do your job and speak to the media. Now my view is shifting. What's the point to hear the same tired clichés over and over by players every week? "well we need to execute our game plan", "gotta give those guys credit, they played tough", "we just need to take it one game at a time"

I'd rather keep hearing, I'm just here so I don't get fined than the wasted comments from the majority of the players. Want to fine him for not speaking to the media? Ok, send it to a charity of his choice. Everyone wins.

I just don't get it. At first I was very much do your job and speak to the media. Now my view is shifting. What's the point to hear the same tired clichés over and over by players every week? "well we need to execute our game plan", "gotta give those guys credit, they played tough", "we just need to take it one game at a time"

I'd rather keep hearing, I'm just here so I don't get fined than the wasted comments from the majority of the players. Want to fine him for not speaking to the media? Ok, send it to a charity of his choice. Everyone wins.

I believe the fines do go to charity. There is a clause in all contracts requiring players to "make themselves available to the media", whether they like it or not, it's what they sign up for...

Found a link regarding charity:

http://mentalfloss.com/article/53212/where-does-nfl-fine-money-go

I also found this quote, which I like:

Mike Sando, ESPN.com: “Professional courtesy seems like a reasonable expectation for all involved. The NFL’s media policy works well most of the time, but no one can force compliance. If a reporter violates the policy, he or she can lose his or her credential. If a player or coach violates the policy, he can be fined. That seems reasonable and fair.”

Edited by ricojes

I agree. We never hear anything of substance for the most part. And when players really speak their minds (which is what we really want) they end up getting fined for it more often than not.

Players are paid to do whatever it is their contract says they need to do. That certainly isn't just playing football. And no, answering 'yeah' to every question is dumb. He's just trying to circumvent the rules. The NFL requires the players to do interviews for the FANS. He should either give the fans what they want, pay his fines, or go play somewhere else where he doesn't have to give interviews.

Be honest for a minute--do you really believe "the FANS" want to hear what Lynch has to say about that one particular run where he scored a TD, or how it is he is able to runs so darn hard and is so darn tough to take down and does he really love skittles?

Of course you don't believe that. So stop this silly crusade. No one cares what Lynch or any other player has to say after a game. Unless it is very controversial (rarely ever), then it is never interesting or enlightening. The questions are the same every week and the answers are the same. There is no point to this charade.

Be honest for a minute--do you really believe "the FANS" want to hear what Lynch has to say about that one particular run where he scored a TD, or how it is he is able to runs so darn hard and is so darn tough to take down and does he really love skittles?

Of course I do. And obviously so does the NFL or they wouldn't require players to talk to the media.

Of course you don't believe that. So stop this silly crusade. No one cares what Lynch or any other player has to say after a game. Unless it is very controversial (rarely ever), then it is never interesting or enlightening. The questions are the same every week and the answers are the same. There is no point to this charade.

I always listen to the post game show, which include player and coach interviews. To be completely honest, i would rather listen to the players than the whining fans that call in.