Patriots locker room attendant implicated in Deflate gate

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A while ago I joked that a viable option here for the NFL would be to simply do nothing. Just ignore the entire situation and eventually everyone will forget about the cheating.

I didn't think they'd actually do NOTHING.

Is anyone from the NFL ever going to deliver a ruling in this case?

It will get swept under the rug.

Especially now that the Patriots actually won the Superbowl. Had they lost I think you would've saw the league come down on them.

Sadly, I am afraid this is exactly what will happen. They will find a way to soft-pedal everything and Goodell will probably apologize per Kraft's demand.

will you be as adamant that cheating is cheating and anyone that does it is a bunch of cheating cheaters that need the book thrown at them as harshly as possible if the bills are accused?

If someone on the Bills staff deflated balls, I'd expect a slap on the wrist.

But the Bills don't have Spy-Gate in their past nor a reputation as a team that pushes the limits.

Clearly, a lot of anti-Patriot vitriol is jealousy. While some teams just want to win one Super Bowl and would really be content just to get to the playoffs, it's tough to watch the Patriots own their division and collect multiple SB rings. Nonetheless, the context of the deflated balls makes a difference. The Pats are not first-time offenders.

Josh Gordon's offense was minor. He drank some alcohol on a plain ride. But his penalty is harsh because of the pattern he's developing. I personally think the same logic should be applied here.

will you be as adamant that cheating is cheating and anyone that does it is a bunch of cheating cheaters that need the book thrown at them as harshly as possible if the bills are accused?

every team takes what advantage they can. Crown noise is cheating but IMO less serious than tampering with a football IF in fact it lowers their chances of fumbling.

Hiding their face when calling in signals .... done every game because that's what all teams do. genius or not using seldomly used formations then running it again illegally (on purpose) is stretching it to far.

And YES, if the Bills did it and got caught I'd trash them too.

I would also expect the NFL to be harsher on the Bills that the Cheatriots based on history

yes, it could be jealousy, or envy. but enough is enough

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

according to coy wire, who played for buffalo, says the Bills players were actively involved in Bountygate with greg williams, but escaped punishment.

according to matt leinart, who played for buffalo, says every QB, including himself (except for kurt warner), tampers with the ball.

i've been at bills home games where it sure sounds like they were piping in crowd noise.

some cheerleaders claim the bills cheated them out of wages.

the bills have been cheating their fans for years...

numerous players suspended for cheating with ped's

Edited by papazoid

If the story is now that just one ball was significantly deflated, why would the NFL not have made a more direct statement about that fact earlier? Ridiculous. But this is probably how it is going to go... Soon they will blame the Colts equipment manager.

because the nfl doesnt want to make factual statements before they have gathered all the facts and decided how to move forward. Just because reporters rush to distribute information, often incorrectly, doesnt mean the nfl MUST jump to respond to every bad report.

according to coy wire, who played for buffalo, says the Bills players were actively involved in Bountygate with greg williams, but escaped punishment.

according to matt leinart, who played for buffalo, says every QB, including himself (except for kurt warner), tampers with the ball.

define tampering? scuffs & scrapes, soaked in water for rainy weather? Do they bring balls into the game that are not up to NFL standards?

and as much as i hate the injury reports, theres the classic pointing at the pats over it, despite us having been punished before too.

define tampering? scuffs & scrapes, soaked in water for rainy weather? Do they bring balls into the game that are not up to NFL standards?

he was discussing "everyone does it" in reply to the pats story. i dont think he meant scuffs the ball as that is both legal, and the point of letting teams handle the balls early... but saying that everyone has pressures they like

i've been at bills home games where it sure sounds like they were piping in crowd noise.

I don't consider Bountygate cheating. Wrong, but not cheating.

Matt Leinart played half a preseason game for the Buffalo Bills, doesn't count.

You're just making baseless claims.