Patriots locker room attendant implicated in Deflate gate

Honestly, with the amount of injustice that is plaguing American society, just incredible travesties of justice on Wall Street alone, that affect the lives of everyone on the planet, you have chosen NFL football, the New England Patriots, and specifically the PSI of NFL footballs, to focus your energy on?

The Patriots are the premier NFL football team, Belichick the premier coach, and Brady the premier quarterback. It's been that way for a while now. It's a sad crusade you are on, and really not that important.

So jealous of your righteousness. Despite the fact that you spend twice as much time on here defending your beloved Patriots* as anybody on here calling them out for their cheating.

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, with the amount of injustice that is plaguing American society, just incredible travesties of justice on Wall Street alone, that affect the lives of everyone on the planet, you have chosen NFL football, the New England Patriots, and specifically the PSI of NFL footballs, to focus your energy on?

The Patriots are the premier NFL football team, Belichick the premier coach, and Brady the premier quarterback. It's been that way for a while now. It's a sad crusade you are on, and really not that important.

Not cool dude. Even if all he did in his life was bills related, it's his life. Dont have to attempt to put him down.

By your suggestion, none of us, INCLUDING YOU, should be on a sports site. We should all be doing charity 24/7 and saving lives with no rest.

Also, how do you even know he doesnt follow other injustices in the world? Did he say this was the only thing he studied? I didnt read that.

If anyone is trying to convince people what they should think, it is YOU.

What else would this thread be about, other than trying to argue that others should agree with your assessment of the situation?

I respond to posts with facts, opinions, links, and perspective about the specifics in the allegations. You have added a total tonnage of zero to this thread and conversation.

Not cool dude. Even if all he did in his life was bills related, it's his life. Dont have to attempt to put him down.

By your suggestion, none of us, INCLUDING YOU, should be on a sports site. We should all be doing charity 24/7 and saving lives with no rest.

Also, how do you even know he doesnt follow other injustices in the world? Did he say this was the only thing he studied? I didnt read that.

It was an extreme example to show the ludicrousness of his worrying so much about the PSI, and "culture of cheating", in a league where it's obvious lots of skirting of the rules is going on.

For me, right next to "The Cheat" sits another undesirable, "The Sore Loser".

I respond to posts with facts, opinions, and perspective about the specifics in the allegationsYou have added a total tonnage of zero to this thread and conversation.

I submitted plenty of links to facts, opinions, and perspective about the specifics in the allegations, as well (except half of yours were FALSE RUMORS). You are definitely trying to convince people what to think, no different than me.

Edited by HoF Watkins

It was an extreme example to show the ludicrousness of his worrying so much about the PSI, and "culture of cheating", in a league where it's obvious lots of skirting of the rules is going on.

And once again you prove your ignorance. How is it possible to be a "sore loser" and start threads her right after the game about the "Patriots deserved to win" and endlessly praising them for being great, and never once saying that their cheating helped them win, but just the opposite. That it didn't.

But keep it up. I think the TSW record for being ill-informed or just plain wrong most posts in a row is 1808.

Boomer Esiason has commented on deflate-gate.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/02/04/esiason-on-deflategate-coordinated-effort-by-ravens-colts-to-embarrass-tom-brady/

In addition to revealing that only 1 of the balls in the game was 2 PSI below the limit, Boomer also suggests that said ball was likely the one that D Jackson INT and may have been purposely deflated by the Colts in a conspiracy concocted by Ravens Harbaugh and Indy Pagano to embarrass Brady for calling out harbaugh for not knowing the rules in their playioff game.

If so, I betcha Harbaugh and Pagano are not sleeping well these nights.

Edited by Pneumonic

A "Wall Street crooks" reference?

What, it wasn't embarrassing enough referencing "ISIS" in your press conference, Mr. Brady?

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/02/04/esiason-on-deflategate-coordinated-effort-by-ravens-colts-to-embarrass-tom-brady/

In addition to revealing that only 1 of the balls in the game was 2 PSI below the limit, Boomer also suggests that said ball was likely the one that D Jackson INT and may have been purposely deflated by the Colts in a conspiracy concocted by Ravens Harbaugh and Indy Pagano to embarrass Brady for calling out harbaugh for not knowing the rules in their playioff game.

That is the most retarded conspiracy theory I've heard, even worse than "the ball boy switched the footballs with ones hidden in the ceiling of the bathroom."

I submitted plenty of links to facts, opinions, and perspective about the specifics in the allegations, as well (except half of yours were FALSE RUMORS). You are definitely trying to convince people what to think, no different than me.

There is no proof of anything yet. Nothing can be a "false rumor" yet, Einstein. It was pretty humorous (and kinda sad, really) to me that you referenced and triumphed a report that said 11 of the 12 balls were illegal to support your case that nothing was illegal or untoward.

I have to hand it to you, you're very good at digging deeper and deeper holes. So you're not completely devoid of talent.

There is no proof of anything yet. Nothing can be a "false rumor" yet, Einstein. It was pretty humorous (and kinda sad, really) to me that you referenced and triumphed a report that said 11 of the 12 balls were illegal to support your case that nothing was illegal or untoward.

I have to hand it to you, you're very good at digging deeper and deeper holes. So you're not completely devoid of talent.

NOt sure I really "triumphed" anything, I think I merely posted a link to an article (more as an update on the situation). I don't remember, and couldn;t care to look it up. If indeed the balls weren't that under-inflated, surely the science behind some of the explanations becomes more plausible. Any penalty will likely be minor.

And NO their legacy will not be destroyed (as you so obviously hope it will)

The whole "scandal" has fallen apart. All the daydreaming about year long suspensions, and the ridiculous attacks on Brady, Belichick, and even Kraft, were folly.

And you still hang on.

I'm done, Back to worrying about my own team, and hoping they can start competing with the elite teams.

Dude, you are the busiest poster in this thread. Hands down. And also the Bills fan most focused on the Patri*ts. Irony much?

kj

Wow, can't believe this thread is still going...

Weird, deflate gate has pretty much been deflated with information now pointing that it really wasnt much of anything all along, yet the Falcons got caught actually cheating and admitted to it and no one hear is asking for the team to ban its QB for a year, its HC for a year, take away draft picks, etc etc.

Like I said the whole time...if this was anyone other than the Pats, no one would have cared. Pot, meet Kettle...Haters want to hate and thus turned this into a baseless witch hunt posting manipulated and false stats, ratios, etc. Now we have a team that REALLY cheated, ADMITTED to cheating, and yet here you are still talking about something that isn't much of a story other than it was the Pats.

Odd, I can't seem to find the 100 page thread on the Falcons caught cheating scandal chalk full of gems like fumble rates decreasing during noise-gate...if someone could kindly post a link that would be great. B-)

Weird, deflate gate has pretty much been deflated with information now pointing that it really wasnt much of anything all along, yet the Falcons got caught actually cheating and admitted to it and no one hear is asking for the team to ban its QB for a year, its HC for a year, take away draft picks, etc etc.

Like I said the whole time...if this was anyone other than the Pats, no one would have cared. Pot, meet Kettle...Haters want to hate and thus turned this into a baseless witch hunt posting manipulated and false stats, ratios, etc. Now we have a team that REALLY cheated, ADMITTED to cheating, and yet here you are still talking about something that isn't much of a story other than it was the Pats.

Odd, I can't seem to find the 100 page thread on the Falcons caught cheating scandal chalk full of gems like fumble rates decreasing during noise-gate...if someone could kindly post a link that would be great. B-)

If the Pats had admitted they cheated, there wouldn't be much of a story there either.

Are you serious? You think this message board has the clout to create "a baseless witch hunt" out of "manipulated false stats" that leads the national news (ABC, NBC, CBS morning and evening news), talk shows, talk by every water cooler in America for days running? Interesting.

BTW, you found the wrong thread. This isn't the 100+ pager.

I don't think this is implausible. I'm not saying it's likely, but I think it's plausible. Bear in mind that the Colts likely have a lot of bad blood toward the Pats stretching back to the early 2000s (i.e., the 2004 AFC grab-and-hold AFC championship game), and in the last couple of years the Pats have repeatedly humiliated them in what looked like run-up-the-score victories. I think it's very, very odd that the one ball that had a lot of deflation was the one handed in by the Colts.

I don't think this is implausible. I'm not saying it's likely, but I think it's plausible. Bear in mind that the Colts likely have a lot of bad blood toward the Pats stretching back to the early 2000s (i.e., the 2004 AFC grab-and-hold AFC championship game), and in the last couple of years the Pats have repeatedly humiliated them in what looked like run-up-the-score victories. I think it's very, very odd that the one ball that had a lot of deflation was the one handed in by the Colts.

Or it's highly likely that the one ball deflated would be the ball they chose to play the game with, and it was only because of an interception that the player went to the Colts sideline holding the ball it was taken out. That is 100x more likely that the Boomer scenario. :lol:

ill go on record as an "i dont think it was a set up by the colts"

but more than a 2004 incident with the team wearing horseshoes, ill say the angle id play is grigson being with the rams when the pats beat them in the SB, and the colts coach being a Ravens guy for better straight line motivations.

still dont think its the case though. the problem is if its just 1 ball and it was supplied by the colts, it does open the door for questions - and may be the source of a "what do we do with this now" situation for the nfl

Edited by NoSaint