Browns seem done with Johnny Manziel; enters rehab

YoloinOhio

He can play and has talent. He needs to cure some issues. That means he could be a buy low candidate. He sure looked good on that TD drive against our D. It can be amazing what an attitude adjustment can do for a guy.

He isn't a NFL player... That one drive he faced a prevent defense and a second string D-Line... Since then he did nothing but look exactly like I thought he would. A kid that should have never of been drafted in the NFL.

Insane people think he can be anything more then a ball boy for the NFL.

Edited by Beef Jerky

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He isn't a NFL player... That one drive he faced a prevent defense and a second string D-Line... Since then he did nothing but look exactly like I thought he would. A kid that should have never of been drafted in the NFL.

I think you are very much alone in that opinion. He was a first round pick for a reason. Every team in the NFL would have drafted him in some round.

I understand but facts have to outweigh emotions. My numbers were approximations obviously. I'm guessing our analytics department is figuring out the real odds.

the facts are the treatment may not even work. Or it might not work this year. How do you trade one of your best players for a player who you have no idea you can count on to be able to play in the league?

and if it was, wonder if it was heartfelt or just doing the celeb PR move after the ugly stories came out

I guess we will see, but my bet is PR. Perhaps I am too cynical but I just do not like this guy and this smacks of the kind of shallow, self promoting thing he would do. Happy to ultimately be proved wrong.

Hope he gets his **** straight. Guy seemed to be on the path of an early death. I never thought he had the skill set for the NFL and hope he just goes back home and gets his **** together

IDK, it's kind of the same path 95% of 20-somethings tend to take. He just happens to be famous.

the facts are the treatment may not even work. Or it might not work this year. How do you trade one of your best players for a player who you have no idea you can count on to be able to play in the league?

i took the 50/50 nature of his rehab into account. I also took a more realistic assessment of Kiko and his odds for a full fledged return than you have.

I think JFF is serious about this. Dont know if it will last.

As public as he is, he would never allow it to be leaked that he needed treatment. Unless he authorized the leak.

If, instead, he had sneaked off to rehab, i'd be skeptical.

If he can stay sober for even a couple weeks, clean out the cobwebs, etc., He's got a shot.

I think you are very much alone in that opinion. He was a first round pick for a reason. Every team in the NFL would have drafted him in some round.

The reason is the hype machine that surrounds players like Manziel. I think the quality scouts can spot the fool's gold but front offices in trouble (Browns) on teams looking to make a splash (Browns) with long suffering fan bases (Browns) will take the bait.

I think JFF is serious about this. Dont know if it will last.

As public as he is, he would never allow it to be leaked that he needed treatment. Unless he authorized the leak.

If, instead, he had sneaked off to rehab, i'd be skeptical.

If he can stay sober for even a couple weeks, clean out the cobwebs, etc., He's got a shot.

the Browns are behind this. Not little Johnny

I don't like Skip Bayless but he called this a few weeks ago.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/12/skip-bayless-johnny-manziel-alcoholic-browns

"He continues to lie to his executives, to his coaches, to his teammates, to the media, and most of all, he continues to lie to himself."

This is what I meant when I said I think JFF is finally serious.

Yes he was a first round pick b.c a dumb owner listened to a text message... Jerry Jones wants dhim to but his people were smart enough to know to not draft him. Trust me it is your opinion that is the loner.

Yes he was a first round pick b.c a dumb owner listened to a text message... Jerry Jones wants dhim to but his people were smart enough to know to not draft him. Trust me it is your opinion that is the loner.

You're of the opinion that JF wouldn't have been drafted?