Meanwhile…..in Cleveland

As a Browns fan I am not sure there is any other team that has been as bad for as long, especially not the Bills. While the consistently successful teams may look down on teams like the Bills, I don't think they should anymore. They have been pretty good recently and now are trending toward being really good. They are always competitive, and have been stuck in an unwinnable division with the best QB of ALL TIME for 15 years. It doesn't matter whether they have or haven't made the playoffs in a certain number of years because they are now a team no one wants to play. They are moving in the right direction, and the Browns are moving in the wrong direction. It is unfortunate but true. I will still support the Browns because it's not a switch I can turn on and off. I will still go to the games and cheer for wins. But the organization is embarrassing and it starts with the owner. And that is not something that can be changed. If only it were that easy.

I live in Cleveland and feel for all Browns fans. You guys are stuck in an absolutely disheartening position because Haslam is a lousy owner right now and it all starts with him. The Browns are just spinning their wheels right now. It only took Ralph Wilson 40+ years to realize he needs to let his people work for him and stop meddling all the time. How much realization vs his health not allowing him to meddle is debatable, but I hope Haslam figures things out much quicker than Ralph did. Good luck, I pull for the Browns as my #2 team!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Browns fan I am not sure there is any other team that has been as bad for as long, especially not the Bills. While the consistently successful teams may look down on teams like the Bills, I don't think they should anymore. They have been pretty good recently and now are trending toward being really good. They are always competitive, and have been stuck in an unwinnable division with the best QB of ALL TIME for 15 years. It doesn't matter whether they have or haven't made the playoffs in a certain number of years because they are now a team no one wants to play. They are moving in the right direction, and the Browns are moving in the wrong direction. It is unfortunate but true. I will still support the Browns because it's not a switch I can turn on and off. I will still go to the games and cheer for wins. But the organization is embarrassing and it starts with the owner. And that is not something that can be changed. If only it were that easy.

I feel for you. As you surely know, the fish rots from the head, which in the NFL is the owner. He can't be fired.

I feel your pain, brother. Here ya go. :beer::beer::beer:

Bummer, dude. At least you're realistic. If only Haslam could be convicted and sent off to prison...

I hate to be the jerk here and spread bad karma but I absolutely love that the Browns are going thru this. Their fans, having been raised around them, are the most arrogant and tough-guy wannabe fans I've ever seen. They're not as popular as Patriots or Eagles/Jets fans but if you took the attitude of being tough and a bully like a Jets/Eagles fan then mixed them with the arrogance of the Patriots you'd have your average Browns fan.

Of course, there are plenty of Browns fans that are reasonable, though.

I still can't believe how little play the Atlanta fake-crowd-noise scandal is getting. That, especially when compared to "Textgate" and "Deflategate," is very significant and should be punished heavily.

B.c people know they will be punished... When you know the team is going to be punished why keep talking about it?

I still can't believe how little play the Atlanta fake-crowd-noise scandal is getting. That, especially when compared to "Textgate" and "Deflategate," is very significant and should be punished heavily.

I think part of it is due to the fact that the Falcons stunk for the last two years, you are not hearing as much about it.

I do think it will garnish a heavy fine but do not see any type of penalty involving draft picks. I also do not see that for Cleveland.

Heck the worse thing Cleveland has done as a franchise is not cleaning up enough around the facility and MAYBE letting staph spread. Joking

I think part of it is due to the fact that the Falcons stunk for the last two years, you are not hearing as much about it.

I do think it will garnish a heavy fine but do not see any type of penalty involving draft picks. I also do not see that for Cleveland.

Heck the worse thing Cleveland has done as a franchise is not cleaning up enough around the facility and MAYBE letting staph spread. Joking

No, has more to do with Atlanta not putting up some hissy fit that it didn't happen and knowing they will be punished.

Bummer, dude. At least you're realistic. If only Haslam could be convicted and sent off to prison...

Exactly. It is hard to have any optimism when the ownership is like this. We used to make fun of the Bengals because their owner is cheap and that they would never be good as long as Mike Brown owns the team. Haslam is so much worse. There just really isn't any hope because of the owner and his track record of terrible decisions and ridiculous meddling in football operations. He could have gotten a 2nd rd pick for Gordon last year and nixed the deal! It's not just the roster (though that is terrible too) it is the overall atmosphere of the team. No one wants to be there, coaches or players. Their best player is out for the year, again and maybe gone forever. Their 2 first round picks were complete disasters on and off the field, with one in rehab. The OC showed a power point presentation to the FO of all the reasons why he wanted to leave! The only QB on our roster right now is a 2nd yr 6th rd pick. The GM is texting the QB coach during the game about playcalling and personnel decisions. Even if what LaCanfora wrote isn't 100% true (as some fans want to believe), he spoke with enough people, clearly, to provide the pulse of the organization. No matter who they hire as GM or coach, its always an uphill battle because of the ownership in place.