Marrone hired as Jags OL coach

YoloinOhio

I wonder if he'll get this garbage team to 6-10 and proclaim a miracle.

He's basically like homeless person's Bill Parcells. He'll come in, ruffle some feathers, gain a couple moe wins, proclaim victory, and suddenly leave.

Edited by Saint Doug

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if he'll get this garbage team to 6-10 and proclaim a miracle.

He's basically like homeless person's Bill Parcells. He'll come in, ruffle some feathers, gain a couple moe wins, proclaim victory, and suddenly leave.

Why change your screen name like that? I want to forgot the marrone years, not be reminded of them every time I log into TBD.

As to the income tax - TX also has no state income tax, so that is not why he took Jax over Houston.

And NYS will send him a bill, regardless of the rules. :cry:

I bet he'll have to pay NY income taxes. The Bills are in NY. You think they are gonna let that go?

""I really didn't get into that with him," Bradley, the head coach of the South team here at the 2015 Senior Bowl, said. "For me, it was obviously that he was a good teacher, developer and person. The topics we talked about, I think one thing that's really important is humility and if you have humility, you can identify your weaknesses and get better at those and I just felt a great sense of humility."

!!!!!

"And then, after the interview," Bradley continued, "I handed Doug his balls back."

Why would he leave to become an offensive line coach? Was Buffalo really that bad? Or maybe he had reasonable assurance that he would receive a head coach gig elsewhere. And besides, didnt Shefty report that he would be the most in demand coach this year?

Pretty funny reading in retrospect the reports from the stooges right after he opted out, like this one from Cannizzaro:

"can see #Jets hiring Marrone pretty quickly and allowing him to have input in GM search

3:28 PM - 31 Dec 2014"

The Jags have fans?

I went and seen the Bills play in Jacksonville, it was like a home game for the Bills, I'm not just saying there were a lot of Bills fans the place was packed with Bills fans. The guy I was sitting by was a season ticket holder, he looked at me and said "I've never seen it like this it's like a home game for you guys". If they didn't have huge blocks of seats covered with tarps there probably would have been even more Bills fans.

St Doug couldn't work with the Pegulas, so I guess working with an owner that was over twenty million under the cap is a much better situation, really Doug I mean it good luck with that.

Obviously this was the obvious outcome. I did predict that he would get interviews elsewhere but not land a HC gig. I think he'd have been better sitting out than taking this job. He clearly isn't an attractive bet for a coordinator job given his only history is as an OC who doesn't call plays. He'd have been better sitting out a year, he would have got good interest in next year's round of college hires and then he might have been back on the NFL radar in a couple of years as a Head Coach. Buried in Jacksonville's staff does not strike me as a springboard back to the hotseat.

Watching the Jags fans rationalize Moron's hiring is pretty awesome.

"There wasn't much talent on the Buffalo OL to work with"

"Great to have a guy with HC experience on the staff"

"He won't have to call plays here"

"He did a great job with the Jets' OL ten years ago"

"He was a part of the NO staff when they were getting really good"

Almost sounds like us two years ago. :doh:

Fans will be fans...

The guy has a great agent - got him the title of " assistant head coach / offensive line coach. Thank you for putting in that opt out clause. You saved Pegula's 4 million dollars and made the whole organization a happier place to work. Enjoy the OL in Jax. Maybe in a couple of years his name will come up again for a head coaching position - but I doubt it. His reputation will precede him for a long time.