Can Lee really help make EJ a quality NFL QB?

gjv001

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you want from me man?

I've commented on EJ ad nauseam in the 897 other threads on him on this forum.

This isn't a new discussion.

Support what is going to be your starting/back up/ 3rd string/ practice squad QB regardless if you like him or not?

Is that really that hard? I understand complaining about a player when they look like crap during a game but the guy hasn't played in over 3 months. We aren't drafting/trading for a franchise QB so that where I'm at.

Edited by The Wiz

Is it possible for QB coach Lee to be able to teach EJ to read defenses, successfully go through his progressions and accurately throw in game conditions?

doubtful but he has to try

I think Lee is a great coach. One of the better ones that's for sure.

Pretty annoying to hear people act like we are in trouble for hiring him, based on him being the QB coach for Geno Smith in NY

true.

a coach can only do so much, the player has to have the ability to play as well.

Last I checked no two players are exactly alike. They might have similar physical attributes but not the same mentality.

EJ isn't Geno or Kaepernick. I would argue that EJ is more of a pocket passer than either of them.

Time will tell.

If the original plan before 2013 was for EJ to sit on the bench behind Kolb and develop into a decent QB, we will have our answer soon enough. EJ was thrown into action before he was ready and failed due to a failed plan, poor coaching, and EJs inability to outperform his own career projection. Now, he's sat behind orton, has an upgraded coaching staff, a reaffirmation (as of today) by the front office... This offseason, pre season, and beginning of next season is sink or swim time. He will either perform well or be cut by Halloween.

I don't think EJ's problems are mechanical, but rather mental

This. He looked so calm, cool and collected v the pats and panthers in his first starts. V pats he threw two 20 yard TD strikes. One a end line touch pass to stevie. One a late read after sliding in the pocket. No one called him robotic then.

Way too much thinking about footwork, not turning the ball over etc.... A new start along with some renewed swagger might be just the prescription to resurrect his career.

This. He looked so calm, cool and collected v the pats and panthers in his first starts. V pats he threw two 20 yard TD strikes. One a end line touch pass to stevie. One a late read after sliding in the pocket. No one called him robotic then.

Butbutbut, everyone says he's never shown any ability to be an NFL QB. You're lying! :flirt:

EJ haters, man I pity you. 6 to 9 months of whining about who will be the #1 QB.

I'd love to see you haters thrust into a fast paced offense day one.

Look back but IIRC the Bills with EJ led the league in scoring all of September, or if not second only to Peyron Mannig.

From a forum discussion

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/buffalo-bills-rex-ryan-ej-manuel-sammy-watkins-kyle-williams-mario-wiliams-011815

FS: What excites you about EJ Manuel's game?

RR: Well, I think EJ when he was coming out I remember he was a smart young man. He was dedicated to the game and I think that's what you have to be at that position, in particular. He's got some movement skills. I don't think he uses his legs enough to be quite honest with you, but hopefully we can change that. People that criticize him because he didn't jump in and make it to the playoffs as a rookie or something would be wrong.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Butbutbut, everyone says he's never shown any ability to be an NFL QB. You're lying! :flirt:

Maybe I'm just revisionist.... Although I was present for the panthers game. I saw him outplay Newton and use him arm and legs to win the game. What I saw was not an unpolish-able turd.

But yeah could be lying to hope it's true mixed with wishful thinking. Fortunately if there is one thing this franchise perpetually supplies it's the unending "we'll get em next year" sentiment.

EJ haters, man I pity you. 6 to 9 months of whining about who will be the #1 QB.

I'd love to see you haters thrust into a fast paced offense day one.

Look back but IIRC the Bills with EJ led the league in scoring all of September, or if not second only to Peyron Mannig.

From a forum discussion

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/buffalo-bills-rex-ryan-ej-manuel-sammy-watkins-kyle-williams-mario-wiliams-011815

FS: What excites you about EJ Manuel's game?

RR: Well, I think EJ when he was coming out I remember he was a smart young man. He was dedicated to the game and I think that's what you have to be at that position, in particular. He's got some movement skills. I don't think he uses his legs enough to be quite honest with you, but hopefully we can change that. People that criticize him because he didn't jump in and make it to the playoffs as a rookie or something would be wrong.

RR is a bust.