Bills game in LONDON

Peter

We are in section 102, row 27, seats 62-69. We plan on spending about 5 days in London; 4 days in Scotland (Edinborough) and 5 days in Ireland (Dublin). Stopping in Buffalo first and hope to catch a home game before the London game. Flying out of Toronto. Probably staying with my nephew in Notting Hills where he and his wife live.

Our routine is similar. Is flying out of Toronto the best way to go?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

folks going (based on this thread)

Peter
Mikeymike15
playman
Wayne Cubed
GunnerBill
Repulsif
BillsDK
TheBillsWillRiseAgain
Britbillsfan
Guffalo
stevens273
LA Grant
Just Jack
newcombo
BlueFire
KD in CT
mbossman2
NiederrheinBills
aussiew
MVJim
zlanger
theesir

Mrstheesir

Leroi

maybe we can meet in London yo put faces to screen names
Edited by mbossman2

Peter
Mikeymike15
playman
Wayne Cubed
GunnerBill
Repulsif
BillsDK
TheBillsWillRiseAgain
Britbillsfan
Guffalo
stevens273
LA Grant
Just Jack
newcombo
BlueFire
KD in CT
mbossman2
NiederrheinBills
aussiew
MVJim
maybe we can meet in London yo put faces to screen names

That would be great. I see Nick In England hasn't logged on in several months, he would be our logic source for info.

The Bills Backers site lists The Green Man Pub right near the stadium as the meeting spot. That will have to do for now (and works for game day), but hopefully we can coordinate somewhere more in the center of town for Friday or Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...

That would be great. I see Nick In England hasn't logged on in several months, he would be our logic source for info.

The Bills Backers site lists The Green Man Pub right near the stadium as the meeting spot. That will have to do for now (and works for game day), but hopefully we can coordinate somewhere more in the center of town for Friday or Saturday.

Even I'm going,as usual tagging along with The Aussiew Group.

Airfare Research:

Looking for the best deal for your airfare...go though Toronto with their non-stop flights. We will be going to Buffalo first from Orange County CA (hopefully they play at home the week before the London game) and then we leave for London via Toronto on Wednesday October 21 in the morning and arriving in London around 9 pm London time that day. Staying in London through Tuesday, October 27 where we will take a train to Edinburgh, Scotland for 4 nights and then on Saturday October 31 (Halloween) fly from Edinburgh to Dublin, Ireland for 4 nights before returning to Toronto on Wednesday November 4.

The price of the airfare going from Toronto to London (Air Canada); Edinburgh to Dublin (Aer Lingus); and then Dublin to Toronto (Air Canada) was $655 through Cheaptickets.com and all are nonstop flights.

We have seats in the lower bow in section 102; row 27; seats 62-69. One tip. Try to avoid coming back from Heathrow as there is a large tariff they add on the the tickets (around $200).

Looking forward to meeting up with a number of the Bills Backers. Go Bills...should be an exciting and entertaining season with Rex!

Hey everyone,

I've been watching this thread for a while, but I've finally been able to post.

My girlfriend and I are heading out on Friday the 23rd out of Rochester, and will get into London around 9:30 p.m. London time.

The only thing we have left to book is our hotel. We'll be sitting in section 503, row 25.

Looking forward to meet up with Bills fans across the pond!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Notice just went out to Season Ticket holders - from 4/28 - 5/5 we can buy up to 8 seats each. I'm not sure what's "exclusive" about it, except maybe there is access to better seats?

I just purchased 8 tickets through this "exclusive" STH thing, although with a small chance I will actually go. I chose Upper Sideline Seats, but the Section says: To Be Assigned GA6, , Seat 3-10. Any idea what that section means?

EDIT: I called the Bills and talked to a rep. He said that he THINKS they'll be on the corner of the endzone. I asked him to cancel my order.

Edited by Cereal

A couple of tips:

If you fly into Heathrow, you can take the Heathrow express to Paddington Station. You can buy a ticket online or right at Heathrow. If you buy a ticket for the Heathrow express, you should also buy your return ticket as well because it is cheaper.

Another option (which is cheaper but not as fast), is to take the tube. If you are going to travel on the tube (either from Heathrow or traveling around London), I recommend buying an "Oyster Card." It costs five pounds, but it makes it easier to travel around the tube. All you have to do is tap in when you enter a station and tap out. Of course, you will have to keep enough pounds on the card to pay for your travel. I believe that you can return the card and get whatever money you have on the card (including possibly the initial five pounds but I am not sure). I go to London now and again because my wife's family is from Europe so I just keep my Oyster Card with my passport.

I also recommend that you go to a soccer game while you are there. I am an Arsenal supporter and certainly would recommend seeing Arsenal. There are plenty of other teams in London as well. Even if you do not like soccer, I think that you would get a kick out of the atmosphere. The EPL schedule comes out in June usually. I am hoping that Arsenal has a game that weekend that does not conflict with the Bills game so that I can go to both.

Of course, there are plenty of other things to do in London no matter what your interests are.

Peter
Mikeymike15
playman
Wayne Cubed
GunnerBill
Repulsif
BillsDK
TheBillsWillRiseAgain
Britbillsfan
Guffalo
stevens273