Bills game in LONDON

Peter

We are in section 102, row 27, seats 62-69. We plan on spending about 5 days in London; 4 days in Scotland (Edinborough) and 5 days in Ireland (Dublin). Stopping in Buffalo first and hope to catch a home game before the London game. Flying out of Toronto. Probably staying with my nephew in Notting Hills where he and his wife live.

Our routine is similar. Is flying out of Toronto the best way to go?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

folks going (based on this thread)

Peter
Mikeymike15
playman
Wayne Cubed
GunnerBill
Repulsif
BillsDK
TheBillsWillRiseAgain
Britbillsfan
Guffalo
stevens273
LA Grant
Just Jack
newcombo
BlueFire
KD in CT
mbossman2
NiederrheinBills
aussiew
MVJim
zlanger
theesir

Mrstheesir

Leroi

maybe we can meet in London yo put faces to screen names
Edited by mbossman2

Peter
Mikeymike15
playman
Wayne Cubed
GunnerBill
Repulsif
BillsDK
TheBillsWillRiseAgain
Britbillsfan
Guffalo
stevens273
LA Grant
Just Jack
newcombo
BlueFire
KD in CT
mbossman2
NiederrheinBills
aussiew
MVJim

That would be great. I see Nick In England hasn't logged on in several months, he would be our logic source for info.

The Bills Backers site lists The Green Man Pub right near the stadium as the meeting spot. That will have to do for now (and works for game day), but hopefully we can coordinate somewhere more in the center of town for Friday or Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...

That would be great. I see Nick In England hasn't logged on in several months, he would be our logic source for info.

The Bills Backers site lists The Green Man Pub right near the stadium as the meeting spot. That will have to do for now (and works for game day), but hopefully we can coordinate somewhere more in the center of town for Friday or Saturday.

Even I'm going,as usual tagging along with The Aussiew Group.

Airfare Research:

Looking for the best deal for your airfare...go though Toronto with their non-stop flights. We will be going to Buffalo first from Orange County CA (hopefully they play at home the week before the London game) and then we leave for London via Toronto on Wednesday October 21 in the morning and arriving in London around 9 pm London time that day. Staying in London through Tuesday, October 27 where we will take a train to Edinburgh, Scotland for 4 nights and then on Saturday October 31 (Halloween) fly from Edinburgh to Dublin, Ireland for 4 nights before returning to Toronto on Wednesday November 4.

The price of the airfare going from Toronto to London (Air Canada); Edinburgh to Dublin (Aer Lingus); and then Dublin to Toronto (Air Canada) was $655 through Cheaptickets.com and all are nonstop flights.

We have seats in the lower bow in section 102; row 27; seats 62-69. One tip. Try to avoid coming back from Heathrow as there is a large tariff they add on the the tickets (around $200).

Looking forward to meeting up with a number of the Bills Backers. Go Bills...should be an exciting and entertaining season with Rex!

Hey everyone,

I've been watching this thread for a while, but I've finally been able to post.

My girlfriend and I are heading out on Friday the 23rd out of Rochester, and will get into London around 9:30 p.m. London time.

The only thing we have left to book is our hotel. We'll be sitting in section 503, row 25.

Looking forward to meet up with Bills fans across the pond!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Notice just went out to Season Ticket holders - from 4/28 - 5/5 we can buy up to 8 seats each. I'm not sure what's "exclusive" about it, except maybe there is access to better seats?

I just purchased 8 tickets through this "exclusive" STH thing, although with a small chance I will actually go. I chose Upper Sideline Seats, but the Section says: To Be Assigned GA6, , Seat 3-10. Any idea what that section means?

EDIT: I called the Bills and talked to a rep. He said that he THINKS they'll be on the corner of the endzone. I asked him to cancel my order.

Edited by Cereal

A couple of tips:

If you fly into Heathrow, you can take the Heathrow express to Paddington Station. You can buy a ticket online or right at Heathrow. If you buy a ticket for the Heathrow express, you should also buy your return ticket as well because it is cheaper.

Another option (which is cheaper but not as fast), is to take the tube. If you are going to travel on the tube (either from Heathrow or traveling around London), I recommend buying an "Oyster Card." It costs five pounds, but it makes it easier to travel around the tube. All you have to do is tap in when you enter a station and tap out. Of course, you will have to keep enough pounds on the card to pay for your travel. I believe that you can return the card and get whatever money you have on the card (including possibly the initial five pounds but I am not sure). I go to London now and again because my wife's family is from Europe so I just keep my Oyster Card with my passport.

I also recommend that you go to a soccer game while you are there. I am an Arsenal supporter and certainly would recommend seeing Arsenal. There are plenty of other teams in London as well. Even if you do not like soccer, I think that you would get a kick out of the atmosphere. The EPL schedule comes out in June usually. I am hoping that Arsenal has a game that weekend that does not conflict with the Bills game so that I can go to both.

Of course, there are plenty of other things to do in London no matter what your interests are.

Peter
Mikeymike15
playman
Wayne Cubed
GunnerBill
Repulsif
BillsDK
TheBillsWillRiseAgain
Britbillsfan
Guffalo
stevens273
LA Grant
Just Jack
newcombo
BlueFire
KD in CT
mbossman2
NiederrheinBills
aussiew
MVJim
zlanger
theesir

Mrstheesir

Leroi

Great idea.

To add to Pete:

Heathrow is the more expensive airport to fly into. Gatwick can be a better deal. Norwegian Air has some super cheap flights from JFK to London (but you have to watch them closely as the cheapest flights have a la carte fees for things like baggage and you have to get to JFK).

One thing to consider is a car transfer to the airport especially if you have an early flight home. Check the Express train schedules to make sure that you will get their in time for your flight.

there are also some additional travel tips further up thread

A couple of tips:

If you fly into Heathrow, you can take the Heathrow express to Paddington Station. You can buy a ticket online or right at Heathrow. If you buy a ticket for the Heathrow express, you should also buy your return ticket as well because it is cheaper.

Another option (which is cheaper but not as fast), is to take the tube. If you are going to travel on the tube (either from Heathrow or traveling around London), I recommend buying an "Oyster Card." It costs five pounds, but it makes it easier to travel around the tube. All you have to do is tap in when you enter a station and tap out. Of course, you will have to keep enough pounds on the card to pay for your travel. I believe that you can return the card and get whatever money you have on the card (including possibly the initial five pounds but I am not sure). I go to London now and again because my wife's family is from Europe so I just keep my Oyster Card with my passport.

I also recommend that you go to a soccer game while you are there. I am an Arsenal supporter and certainly would recommend seeing Arsenal. There are plenty of other teams in London as well. Even if you do not like soccer, I think that you would get a kick out of the atmosphere. The EPL schedule comes out in June usually. I am hoping that Arsenal has a game that weekend that does not conflict with the Bills game so that I can go to both.

Of course, there are plenty of other things to do in London no matter what your interests are.

Great idea.

Good tips. Also using an Oyster card the fares for the underground are at a cheaper rate.

Here's some more as I frequent London quite a bit, wife's English. As far as hotels are concerned if your not bothered with having a fancy hotel I suggest looking at Premier Inn. It's a national chain in the UK where every hotel is basically the same, so you know the quality you are getting is good. They do 2 types of bookings, 1 is where you can cancel your reservation any time and tends to be more expensive, it's called Flexible. If you are set in your plans and don't plan on cancelling the room rates are fairly cheap, it's called Saver. I've looked for the weekend of the game and for he one's closet to Wembley it looks like it'll be about $550 for 5 nights. Keep in mind Wembley isn't really near central London but is only a 20 min Tube ride away.If you want to stay closer to central London, the prices of the Premier Inn's will go up a bit. Right now those look around $600 for 5 nights. I tend to find a hotel and then find the nearest Tube station.

I forgot to mention regarding the Oyster Card, I bought mine at Paddington Station. I believe that they are available at all (or most) stations and probably at Heathrow itself. There are people who work for British transport at these stations and are extremely helpful. The woman who helped me walked me through how to get the card, put money on it with my credit card, and how to use it.

Edited by Peter

To add to Pete:

Heathrow is the more expensive airport to fly into. Gatwick can be a better deal. Norwegian Air has some super cheap flights from JFK to London (but you have to watch them closely as the cheapest flights have a la carte fees for things like baggage and you have to get to JFK).

One thing to consider is a car transfer to the airport especially if you have an early flight home. Check the Express train schedules to make sure that you will get their in time for your flight.

there are also some additional travel tips further up thread

We live near JFK and took advantage of the flight to London, $350 from JFK to Gatwick. Now our problem is getting back to JFK from Dublin, Any tips?

Might make sense to catch a Ryan Air flight to gatwick and flight to jfk...you can catch some deals with them

We are using Ryan air to get to Ireland, but we thought if we returned the same way (through London) we would have to clear customs again.

A couple of tips:

Great idea.

How difficult is it to land a pair of tickets to an Arsenal game, or any other Premier League team in London? If it works out, I'd love to go to a game that Saturday before.

How difficult is it to land a pair of tickets to an Arsenal game, or any other Premier League team in London? If it works out, I'd love to go to a game that Saturday before.

It depends on the game. I became an Arsenal Red Member a few years back. It costs about $40 or so a year. For that amount, they send me some annual gifts, which are pretty cool. It also allows you free access to Arsenal radio and video on their site.

The main reason why I joined is that they leave 3,500 tickets for sale to red members 30 days before each match at face value. If those sell out, Red Members are allowed to then buy tickets on the Arsenal Ticket Exchange from Arsenal season ticket holders etc. for whatever the market will bear (similar to the NFL Ticket Exchange, but restricted to Arsenal supporters -- i.e., Red Members.

I believe other teams have similar membership schemes.

The other option is to buy from scalpers.

I believe that it also may be easier to buy tickets to see some of the "smaller" teams.

We are using Ryan air to get to Ireland, but we thought if we returned the same way (through London) we would have to clear customs again.

Good question. I don't have a definitive answer on this one.

A quick google search yielded this but it is also not definitive.

Edited by mbossman2

• 4 weeks later...

Ticket shipment update

According to the very British customer service agent I spoke to, the Ticketmaster UK site covers this in their customer service FAQ. There is a section that is updated daily that shows if/when the tickets will be dispatched.

As of today 6/5, it says

Buffalo Bills at Jacksonville Jaguars, Wembley Stadium, 25th October

We're still waiting for the tickets for these shows to arrive from the event organisers, but this might not be until nearer the time. As soon as we have them in, we’ll print them and send them out to you. The latest you should receive them is around 5 days before the event. If you still don’t have them by that point, please contact us and we’ll be happy to help.

• 2 months later...

I am officially going. I just bought my airline tickets. I arrive in London on Friday and return on Monday. I just wish that the NFL would give he tickets to UK Ticketmaster so that I would have mine in my hand.

The only other thing I have left to do is to get my ticket for the Arsenal game on Saturday.

It should be a great weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

I booked my hotel in London today. I am staying near Paddington station at a small hotel that I have stayed at before. It is centrally located and convenient for both the tube and the Heathrow Express. I still need to get my Arsenal ticket and am waiting for my ticket to the Bills game -- which I paid for months ago.

I got an email from TicketMaster today saying they are still waiting for the tickets from the organizers(NFL). It says the latest you should get your tickets is 5 days before the event.

I just hope my ticket arrives before I fly off to London.

I just hope my ticket arrives before I fly off to London.

I talked to a rep at TicketMaster and they said if it doesn't look like they are going to get them before I/you fly to let them know and they'll make sure they can get them to you. Not sure if that means transferring them to Wembley to pick up or something.

I talked to a rep at TicketMaster and they said if it doesn't look like they are going to get them before I/you fly to let them know and they'll make sure they can get them to you. Not sure if that means transferring them to Wembley to pick up or something.

Thank you! This information is VERY much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Ticket Update

According to the Ticketmaster UK site:

We’ve received the tickets in and have now started the dispatch process. Don’t panic if your friends get theirs before you - this is a huge event, so we’re sending them out in batches! The Order Status in your account will change to “Your tickets are being processed” once they’ve been printed, and the latest you should receive them is around 5 days before the game. We’ll update this page again once everything’s gone out.

If you chose secure post, you’ll also receive an email from Royal Mail, or UPS for overseas customers, with your tracking info so you can keep an eye on their progress.

Ticket Update

According to the Ticketmaster UK site:

We’ve received the tickets in and have now started the dispatch process. Don’t panic if your friends get theirs before you - this is a huge event, so we’re sending them out in batches! The Order Status in your account will change to “Your tickets are being processed” once they’ve been printed, and the latest you should receive them is around 5 days before the game. We’ll update this page again once everything’s gone out.

If you chose secure post, you’ll also receive an email from Royal Mail, or UPS for overseas customers, with your tracking info so you can keep an eye on their progress.

Thank you.

I just found out that my company has asked me to go our sites near London when this game is being played. This is just f!cking outstanding. I will be in Canterbury but plan to stay at the London Marriot Regents Park on Fri-Sun for the game. Any location Sat night/Sun before game where Bills fans are meeting? Thanks

OK folks, I will ask a couple of friends in London for some pub recommendations. I will try to find someplace that is central to where folks are staying but to do so, i will need to know where folks are staying (in general terms).

Please PM me what section(s) of London you are staying (ie: Chelsea, Kensington, Westminster etc) and I will see what I can find.