Bills game in LONDON

Peter

OK folks, I will ask a couple of friends in London for some pub recommendations. I will try to find someplace that is central to where folks are staying but to do so, i will need to know where folks are staying (in general terms).

Please PM me what section(s) of London you are staying (ie: Chelsea, Kensington, Westminster etc) and I will see what I can find.

We'll be around Nodding Hill at least part of the time which I believe is reasonably close to Wembley.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of Friday, my wife and I are going to London. Got decent airfare out of Toronto. Fly out Wednesday, return the Monday after.

Staying at the Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel Wednesday & Thursday nights. Thursday we head to Windsor Castle, Stonehenge, and Salisbury Cathedral. On Friday we switch to the London Marriott Hotel Regents Park and start into the London sights. Saturday combination sight-seeing and Bills. Sunday gameday.

OK folks, I will ask a couple of friends in London for some pub recommendations. I will try to find someplace that is central to where folks are staying but to do so, i will need to know where folks are staying (in general terms).

Please PM me what section(s) of London you are staying (ie: Chelsea, Kensington, Westminster etc) and I will see what I can find.

I am staying in the Paddington area.

We'll be around Nodding Hill at least part of the time which I believe is reasonably close to Wembley.

Notting Hill?

paddington (pete), notting hill (KD) and Kensington (me) are relatively close together (we have Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens surrounded on 3 sides). Regents Park is about 1 mile or so north Hyde Park (Jay).

So far we all seem located close together.

We are in Paddington, near the tube. I have no idea what that means but I assume that means there will be beer, if not I am cancelling.

paddington puts you close to pete

there is paddington station which is a largish train station which also includes a tube stop plus there a few tube stops in that area so when you head your hotel, confirm which tube station and line, that will help get you close.

google maps will help narrow it down.

Edited by mbossman2

according to my ticket order, the status has changed to "Your tickets are being processed” which, according the Customer Service section of Ticketmaster UK indicates that they’ve been printed.

You might want to check yours to see if you are in a similar status.

according to my ticket order, the status has changed to "Your tickets are being processed” which, according the Customer Service section of Ticketmaster UK indicates that they’ve been printed.

You might want to check yours to see if you are in a similar status.

After reading your post, I checked and I now have the same status as you. Thanks for posting.

There are a number of decent pubs around Paddington station - The Beehive or The Mad Bishop would be my recommendations. They are different but both traditionally British in different ways and serve proper British beers and proper English pub food. I am up for meeting TBD folks in a pub around Paddington on the Saturday evening if that is the plan?

Edited by GunnerBill

There are a number of decent pubs around Paddington station - The Beehive or The Mad Bishop would be my recommendations. They are different but both traditionally British in different ways and serve proper British beers and proper English pub food. I am up for meeting TBD folks in a pub around Paddington on the Saturday evening if that is the plan?

sounds good

BTW, anyone looking for wings in London should consider The Orange Buffalo. I've heard good things. They are located in Shoreditch, East London, so a bit out of the way but might be the only chance at getting decent wings. I might consider stopping there before heading to the game.

6216685-large.jpg

HUjm20140616D-004_X.jpg

Edited by Wayne Cubed

My girlfriend and I are getting into town Friday night. We're staying at the Hilton at Paddington Station that night, then staying near Waterloo station/Westminster Bridge the rest of the week.

Anyone else going to the night before party at the Pipeline?