Bills game in LONDON

Peter

In terms of the NFL Regent Street event (free) on Saturday they have yet to formally announce the timings of appearances. Based on previous years I would expect Rex, Tyrod and about 6 other high profile players to be on stage for about 25 minutes. Probably sometime between 1pm and 3 pm but don't hold me to that. I would expect Thurman and Jim Kelly to be on stage in the early afternoon as well. The event quietens down in the late afternoon so you guys will have the option of staying around, shopping, sightseeing or just rest up. Hope to confirm timings later in the week.

In the past most teams head back to hotels as quickly as possible on Saturday afternoon to go through final game preparations and study. But as this is Rex he may bring the whole team and stay out for a few beers & enter the wing eating contest !

There are plenty of pubs just off of Regent Street so hope to see some of you for a drink during the day before heading down to The Pipeline in the evening.

Thurman and Jim are hosting a wing eating contest. I got an email about it. That didn't have a time on it either but could be interesting.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fly out tonight. With any luck, I will meet some of you. I am going to the Arsenal game on Saturday so I am not sure how much that conflicts with the Regent Street event.

Go Bills!!!

Arsenal is the late game on Saturday. 5.30pm kick off. It's less than 30 mins by tube from NFL Regent Street. So plenty of time to do both. I suspect Rex and the Bills will be on stage sometime between 1pm and 3pm. There's no tailgating at The Emirates Stadium !

Arrived in London. I am beginning to worry that with all of our injuries the Bills will be asking some of us who came over here to play.

It was pretty cool seeing a bunch of Bills fans at Heathrow. There were more people than I expected with Bills hats etc. I only saw one person with a Jags hat.

Arrived in London. I am beginning to worry that with all of our injuries the Bills will be asking some of us who came over here to play.

It was pretty cool seeing a bunch of Bills fans at Heathrow. There were more people than I expected with Bills hats etc. I only saw one person with a Jags hat.

Looks like Pinto Ron made the trip as well. I think the Bills will be heavily supported.

Arrived in London today. Not sure what is the best station for wembley stadium. I went to regent street and already saw a bunch of bills fans today. I hole to see some of you tomorrow or sunday.

Best station is Wembley Park. On the Metropolitan Line.

I have returned from my trip to London. A few quick thoughts:

1) there were a lot of people all over London with Bills gear.

2) I met many Bills fans at the Arsenal game on Saturday - including quite a few that are both Bills and Arsenal fans such as myself.

3) There were more Bills fans than Jaguars fans from the US at the game.

4) More of the people from England seemed to be supporting the Jags because they were sort of prompted to support the Jags. It was the Jags home announcer and pregame including several references to "Your Jacksonville Jaguars." Also, every seat in the stadium had a Jaguars flag for people to wave. There is no doubt in my mind that the England fans just as easily would have been cheering for the Bills had it been the Bills' announcer, pregame, and Bills flags etc.

5) I am still very bummed that we did not complete the come back.

Edited by Peter

4) More of the people from England seemed to be supporting the Jags because they were sort prompted to support the Jags. It was the Jags home announcer and pregame including several references to "Your Jacksonville Jaguars." Also, every seat in the stadium had a Jaguars flag for people to wave. There is no doubt in my mind that the England fans just as easily would have been cheering for the Bills had it been the Bills' announcer, pregame, and Bills flags etc.

It was a Jags "home" game, that's why there was all the Jags stuff going on. We were lucky to even get Bills painted in one of the end zones, and a few Bills flags/banners around the stadium.