Aaron Kromer : O Line coach

Reed83HOF

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rex and Roman will ground and pound till they have a franchise QB. The OL will use roadgraders for that, less complicated but a big challenge.

I agree but I'll add that Roman is supposed to be a mad scientist at designing running planes that create lanes for the backs. In other words, he doesn't necessarily need offensive linemen who can maul people.

regarding Kromer's drama in Chicago..

Kromer had to meet the media Friday, and it was sad to watch as he apologized before brushing off probing questions from an inquisitive media bunch. He was obviously instructed to keep a tight lid on his thoughts. It made him look weak and foolish, two words no one uses to describe Kromer, a widely respected coach who is now the talk of the NFL.

Fall guy, though, would fit him perfectly. I bet most folks in league circles can sympathize with him.

Lets get this straight: An assistant coach talking anonymously to a reporter isnt news. Its not particularly smart to rip your own star player to a national reporter, especially when its the incendiary Cutler, who was signed to a now-ridiculous contract by the general manager. But its not some wild and outrageous act.

Anonymous coaches and scouts, not to mention players and agents, are how this leagues media, not to mention all of major college and professional sports media, get stories. Youre either naive or a media hypocrite if this offends you.

As Cutler said, the shock wasnt that Kromer talked out of turn, it was that he apologized.

I think we were all a little bit surprised, he said. I think not so much that it happened, but that he stepped in front of us and apologized; he was owning up to it. Because like I said, everyone has made mistakes and said things in the media and said things to other players in passing that we regret, but not many of us step up in front of everybody and apologize and own it the way he did. I think we left that meeting in a better place than we started.

~ taken from http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/tag/_/name/aaron-kromer

but more importantly, here's a link to what Kromer was doing in NO. we're gonna need work getting our linemen to second level defenders but i think his, and Roman's creativity will combine to create Billsynergy!

yeah, i know.. that was a stretch.. :blush:

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2013/3/21/4092368/chicago-bears-playbook-aaron-kromer-run-offense

Roman and kromer were two I wanted marrone to target - I think they will be a fun pair. Not a promise for success but a very smart hard working pair that can get it done up front

Roman and kromer were two I wanted marrone to target - I think they will be a fun pair. Not a promise for success but a very smart hard working pair that can get it done up front

That's more brainpower and success combined on the offensive side of the ball than this franchise has had in a long time...think Rex has learned a thing or two?

It must be nice for everyone on this board to be so god damn perfect

Let me tell you something point blank I respect someone that made a mistake and then had the cohones to actually step up and admit it then all the people out there that are just as imperfect that deflect or hide their mistakes....

It shows charactor

I wanted Roman as well. I think Ryan and Roman have the potential to give this team a real identity - one much like the Ravens and Steelers have been known for through the years: Tough, physical, and aggressive on both sides of the ball. As far as OL coach, I wasn't sure who Roman would bring; however, I like what Kromer did in NO and in Chicago in 2013 (when he was the OL coach as well as OC). More than that, I am a big fan of Roman and what he wants to do, and Kromer is his pick for his OL coach. That is good enough for me.

As far as what Kromer did in Chicago? He made a mistake and owned up to it. All indications are that he has been highly respected by his players through the years. I judge him on his body of work, not by one mistake.

Hopefully it all translates into success on the field this year. That is the only thing that will matter in the end.

regarding Kromer's drama in Chicago..

Kromer had to meet the media Friday, and it was sad to watch as he apologized before brushing off probing questions from an inquisitive media bunch. He was obviously instructed to keep a tight lid on his thoughts. It made him look weak and foolish, two words no one uses to describe Kromer, a widely respected coach who is now the talk of the NFL.

Fall guy, though, would fit him perfectly. I bet most folks in league circles can sympathize with him.

Let’s get this straight: An assistant coach talking anonymously to a reporter isn’t news. It’s not particularly smart to rip your own star player to a national reporter, especially when it’s the incendiary Cutler, who was signed to a now-ridiculous contract by the general manager. But it’s not some wild and outrageous act.

Anonymous coaches and scouts, not to mention players and agents, are how this league’s media, not to mention all of major college and professional sports’ media, get stories. You’re either naive or a media hypocrite if this offends you.

As Cutler said, the shock wasn’t that Kromer talked out of turn, it was that he apologized.

“I think we were all a little bit surprised,” he said. “I think not so much that it happened, but that he stepped in front of us and apologized; he was owning up to it. Because like I said, everyone has made mistakes and said things in the media and said things to other players in passing that we regret, but not many of us step up in front of everybody and apologize and own it the way he did. I think we left that meeting in a better place than we started.”

~ taken from http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/tag/_/name/aaron-kromer

but more importantly, here's a link to what Kromer was doing in NO. we're gonna need work getting our linemen to second level defenders but i think his, and Roman's creativity will combine to create Billsynergy!

yeah, i know.. that was a stretch.. :blush:

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2013/3/21/4092368/chicago-bears-playbook-aaron-kromer-run-offense

please edit this down, way to much copy/paste

Let me tell you something point blank I respect someone that made a mistake and then had the cohones to actually step up and admit it then all the people out there that are just as imperfect that deflect or hide their mistakes....

It shows charactor

Well said.

It shows charactor

First of all, accountability doesn't end with an apology.

Character is everyday and this just happened a few months ago so it's not like people are noting something that is miles in the past.

We discuss issues/concerns here. It's a fan message board. Don't get yourself so exercised.

Rex Ryan? Hmmmmmmm

sorry, i don't understand your response..

oh.. :doh: nevermind - didn't see your actual message.. done ..

but i'm curious.. isn't including the links in your request for me to - remove the links - counter-productive? guess i don't get the technology..

Edited by BackInDaDay

sorry, i don't understand your response..

oh.. :doh: nevermind - didn't see your actual message.. done ..

but i'm curious.. isn't including the links in your request for me to - remove the links - counter-productive? guess i don't get the technology..

Beerball would like you to edit it down for copyright reasons. One is only allowed to post excerpts from an article. I'm sure he would have deleted his post after you did so.

To edit your post.....just click on the "edit" button under your original post, and off you go.

Edited by Dibs

Beerball would like you to edit it down for copyright reasons. One is only allowed to post excerpts from an article. I'm sure he would have deleted his post after you did so.

To edit your post.....just click on the "edit" button under your original post, and off you go.

i deleted the links.. the red text is an excerpt..

Edited by BackInDaDay

lol....no.

You can link to an article, but for copyright reasons you can only quote a small amount from the article. Your links were fine.....you needed to reduce the amount you copied down to a couple of paragraphs.

Edited by Dibs

lol....no.

You can link to an article, but for copyright reasons you can only quote a small amount from the article. Your links were fine.....you needed to reduce the amount you copied down to a couple of paragraphs.

Yes...the links are good/encouraged/necessary. The problem was all of the red text, way too much.

Yes...the links are good/encouraged/necessary. The problem was all of the red text, way too much.

Think of it this way back -- espn pays writers to generate traffic and when you copy the whole article they don't get clicks. Tbd supports these sites by limiting content here and encouraging readers to go to the source for full articles