EJ3 for RG3

rayray808

Griffin is light years ahead of ej in talent and looking at carson Palmer should be healed and confident this year and very costly to trade . Still a big risk like Palmer in Oakland .. Kinda like the risk I hope we have already back channeled to Bradford .. Rather take a risk there .

With our luck we will end up driving up qb prices and watching ej hoyer / Sanchez and bryce petty in training camp . I hope I am wrong

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is the writing on the wall?

Rex Ryan comes in, knowing that dominoes are about to fall to get him and Roman their new guy?

EJ hires Parker as agent to prepare for the move...

RG3 comes in and gives Roman his Kaep clone?

This is something that the real Ray Rice would write.

RGIII had a little success out of the gate, now teams have film on him- took away what he likes to do. It's on him to make an adjustment - lots of stories on him being a pain in the ass as well. In short we know where RG's ceiling is and it's not very high. EJ may never get off the ground but his potential is higher and he's not a locker room cancer.

EJ is a much more gifted passer then RG or Kaep or Russ Wilson but there is more to the game than just throwing it

Edited by CardinalScotts

RGIII had a little success out of the gate, now teams have film on him- took away what he likes to do. It's on him to make an adjustment - lots of stories on him being a pain in the ass as well. In short we know where RG's ceiling is and it's not very high. EJ may never get off the ground but his potential is higher and he's not a locker room cancer.

EJ is a much more gifted passer then RG or Kaep or Russ Wilson but there is more to the game than just throwing it

Because Griffin's face has been shoved into our faces for the past two years, some people think that means he's good. He's not. He had a good rookie year. I will grant him that. But that year, he also had receivers catching horribly-thrown passes and a stellar running game to back him up. He's not durable. He can't read a defense. He can't go through his options quickly enough. And he isn't nearly as accurate as his statistics will say he is.

Griffin is a product of the media. It started with funny socks and a flashy smile. He's a nice, respectful, hardworking young man. But he a good NFL QB, he is not.

I think EJ is smarter, more durable and has a lot more upside than Griffin. He had accuracy issues in more than a few of his 14 career games. But he was not consistently inconsistent. EJ's problems, in my opinion, are fixable. This is the last year he'll have to prove it, as far as I'm concerned.

But I think Griffin has already proved that he is no team's answer at QB. EJ - as any/every QB - needs more than 14 games to prove what he is, or what he is not.

I'm completely opposite on this one.

EJ wants to (be able to read defenses and be a real QB) but he cant. "Slow eyes," which people around here roll eyes at, as if its a stupid criticism or phrase, means what you think it means. Its a polite way to say "slow information processor."

RG can (read defenses and be a real QB and win games for you) but he doesnt want to. RG wants to win the RG way, or not at all. Kinda like Vick in the first decade or so.

Therefore, I'd take RG. If you forced me to choose.

You should watch more film.

EJ has slow eyes? Griffen doesn't even look

He has already disintegrated and his arm is about as accurate as my tax return.

Hahaha!!!!

At least with EJ, there is hope. RG3 is just awful. Steady and spectacular decline. No thanks.

Coming from you that first line it's powerful

RG III - High character guy, has regrettably been ruined as a pro QB by a dis functional Redskins organization.

He is high character? I thought he was looked at as a whiney prima Donna.

I think that people better be prepared for a QB choice they dont like.....Manning, Luck, RIvers, Brady are simply not out there......

The Redskins HAVE screwed up RG III

and you know what? Greg Roman turned Alex Smith's career around and he went on to be the big free agent aquisition of that year when he went to the Chiefs.....

Lots of talent there with Robert Griffen

I think that people better be prepared for a QB choice they dont like.....Manning, Luck, RIvers, Brady are simply not out there......

The Redskins HAVE screwed up RG III

and you know what? Greg Roman turned Alex Smith's career around and he went on to be the big free agent aquisition of that year when he went to the Chiefs.....

Lots of talent there with Robert Griffen

I'd take RGIII, and a bubble-wrapped Sam Bradford and Sanchez for training camp competition. Need a guy who has started. I think Bradford is the best in terms of pure talent of who is available, but I would be fine with Sanchez, EJ, and a rookie. Ryan can get to the playoffs w/ Sanchez, and Sanchez would have more weapons than he had in NY.

Given the dearth of top-tier QB talent, I say build the most nasty O-line, get a nasty RB who can move a pile on 3rd and 4th and short, and have the QB make about 20 throws a game. Should have Sammy, Woods or Hogan open.

You should watch more film.

EJ has slow eyes? Griffen doesn't even look

I stated and conceded that RG doesnt look. He doesnt want to be that kind of QB.

But the question is which of these 2 is able to be that kind. I submit that RG is, and EJ isnt. And its not a question of degree.

RG has it (buried somewhere). EJ doesnt. If you dont have it, its nearly impossible to find it.

Bottom line: I'll take the guy who is able to be a real NFL QB over the guy who, at MAX improvement (which few people ever achieve in any field) is not winning QB material. Even if the likelihood of RG hitting max is 25% and the likelihood of EJ hitting max is 80%.

Edited by maddenboy

Manuel isn't as talented nor a more gifted passer than any of them and I don't think Bob Griffin or Kaep are very good.

I stated and conceded that RG doesnt look. He doesnt want to be that kind of QB.

But the question is which of these 2 is able to be that kind. I submit that RG is, and EJ isnt. And its not a question of degree.

RG has it (buried somewhere). EJ doesnt. If you dont have it, its nearly impossible to find it.

RGIII was nothing more than figured out, then he showed he couldn't adjust. Guys like him and Kaepernick are having the hardest time making the transition from a running QB to a pocket passer. I don't condone just handing EJ the job and Ryan won't make the mistake of putting all his eggs in one EJ basket. The more apt description of EJ is he doesn't have it YET. Losman and Edwards got far more of a chance than EJ so EJ deserves the same consideration. That being said tho, he's put himself in a deep hole

Bottom line: I'll take the guy who is able to be a real NFL QB over the guy who, at MAX improvement (which few people ever achieve in any field) is not winning QB material. Even if the likelihood of RG hitting max is 25% and the likelihood of EJ hitting max is 80%.

Does Griffin have it? The last two seasons has shown he hasn't and two coaches have said "get to the bench son. I want to start Colt or Kirk". That's damning when Colt McCoy gives you a better chance