CJ has Jets "on his list" with Gailey there

YoloinOhio

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Adding these tidbits to this thread too, about comparing Gailey's offenses to Marrone's.

Very hard not to read in between the lines what Spiller just said. And just in case people want to attribute it to free agent talking up his contract value, how about quotes from the offensive captain & elder statesman?

The more I read, the more infuriating the 2014 season looks in retrospect.

Think of it as the cost of getting rid of Marrone. I never thought I'd come to dislike the guy so much, but here I am!

Exoiting?

Is that New Testament or Old Testament?

It's that little one in the middle, I think. Maybe not...

Depends on what they do with CJ2K, plus Chan is going to do with Percy Harvin what he did with Spiller. Just in a slightly different way. If Chris a johanson stays there is no way they sign Spiller. But they may want to release Johnson and add Spiller who won't cost much more.

If the Jets and Chan were smart, they would just let Harvin do all of that and keep Ivory on the field as much as possible. That guy is a beast. I'm not sure you could keep Harvin, Ivory and Spiller all happy even though I know of course that Harvin is mostly a WR.

Depends on what they do with CJ2K, plus Chan is going to do with Percy Harvin what he did with Spiller. Just in a slightly different way. If Chris a johanson stays there is no way they sign Spiller. But they may want to release Johnson and add Spiller who won't cost much more.

If the Jets and Chan were smart, they would just let Harvin do all of that and keep Ivory on the field as much as possible. That guy is a beast. I'm not sure you could keep Harvin, Ivory and Spiller all happy even though I know of course that Harvin is mostly a WR.

I rarely post on the board, as I've found that by the time I see something I want to respond to, someone has already made the point. Often it is you Kelly. When I saw the thread title, the first name that popped in my head is Harvin. The Jets have a lot of needs, but brought Harvin in to basically play the CJ role, or at least that is what the powers that be at the time promised him. So, to immediately assume the Jets would make a big money offer for CJ is to assume a lot. But, these are the Jets of course, so we can't rule it out.

Adding these tidbits to this thread too, about comparing Gailey's offenses to Marrone's.

Very hard not to read in between the lines what Spiller just said. And just in case people want to attribute it to free agent talking up his contract value, how about quotes from the offensive captain & elder statesman?

The more I read, the more infuriating the 2014 season looks in retrospect.

Lol why do you say that? Because of Hackett? The Doug? Or maybe Chan was better than people like to give him credit for

No, but why would he make his backup "list" public if he's happy hear? What's his point? Don't you publicly announce Plan B after your Plan A fails?

Just stop. Clearly, if you are Doug Whaley and Rex Ryan (if you truly want to bring CJ back), knowing that he could end up with the Jets would give them more incentive to get a deal done sooner rather than later. If they do not want to bring him back or they cannot come to an agreement, CJ certainly wants to play in the NFL again next year.

We know you hate CJ. It is what it is. Should we castigate Fred as well?!?