The Five Worst Trades In NFL History

sferris

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very unimpressed with that sites research. There are several trades in the realm of what they list, such as.......Welker to Pats for a 2nd & 7th......Faulk to Rams for a 2nd & 5th.

They totally forgot the massive trade in 1974....Packers gave up 1975 1st, 2nd & 3rd round picks plus 1976 1st & 2nd round picks to get John Hadl.

Young to 49ers.....Elway to Broncos......the Ricky Williams trade.

Is it too soon to include the RG3 trade?

Lists are great for interest sake (clicks) but I've noticed that very few put in any reasonable research.

Edited by Dibs

I don't like they way they worded some of those trades.

The Colts trade a 1st round pick for Trent Richardson is more accurate. Cleveland got something back when they gave up what appears to be a useless player (drafted at #3).Cleveland still managed to screw it up by wasting the draft pick.

Minnesota traded 8 picks for Walker and helped the Cowboys build a championship team.

I know it semantics but the loser should have their name attached first on a list like this.

too bad the Bills didn't trade Spiller when he was worth something. we couldn't expect Herschel Walker type compensation but I bet we could have gotten a lot a few years ago. even last year we probably could have gotten a draft pick

The Beast for a 4th round pick from Seattle is Buffalo's worst IMHO.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2014/01/20/revisiting-marshawn-lynch-trade-deal-super-seattle/

The article is from last year, but it's a good recap. I remember Lynch just being an idiot, he would bring his own alcohol into bars, order a coke, and then add the alcohol. Got into a scuffle over it on more than one occasion. I think the hit and run was the thing the pushed the Bills to make a move. That being said the trade sucked, it was clearly just a dump him move when they could have gotten more. I don't miss the person, but I do miss the player.

Edited by ricojes

Very unimpressed with that sites research. There are several trades in the realm of what they list, such as.......Welker to Pats for a 2nd & 7th......Faulk to Rams for a 2nd & 5th.

They totally forgot the massive trade in 1974....Packers gave up 1975 1st, 2nd & 3rd round picks plus 1976 1st & 2nd round picks to get John Hadl.

Young to 49ers.....Elway to Broncos......the Ricky Williams trade.

Is it too soon to include the RG3 trade?

Lists are great for interest sake (clicks) but I've noticed that very few put in any reasonable research.

Like most here, I respect the hell out of Bill Polian, but this is an example of one of failures, IMO. Instead of rewarding an excellent/overachieving player with an early contract extension, Polian would sometimes go to war. Had he successfully renegotiated that extension with Faulk, the Colts could have used their first round pick (in the 1999 draft) on a defense that was desperate for help. Instead, he had to draft Edgerrin James---a fine back, but with Faulk in the fold that pick could have been used to a far better advantage.

Edited by The Dean

The Beast for a 4th round pick from Seattle is Buffalo's worst IMHO.

No way. It worked out well for Seattle, but there was no telling if he hadn't moved on whether he would have struck himself out of the league or succeded under the chan Marrone regime. It was and always will be the right move at the time.

Like most here, I respect the hell out of Bill Polian, but this is an example of one of failures, IMO. Instead of rewarding an excellent/overachieving player with an early contract extension, Polian would sometimes go to war. Had he successfully renegotiated that extension with Faulk, the Colts could have used their first round pick (in the 1999 draft) on a defense that was desperate for help. Instead, he had to draft Edgerrin James---a fine back, but with Faulk in the fold that pick could have been used to a far better advantage.

I totally agree. I remember being head scratchingly stunned by the trade at that time.