Article: Bills who benefit most from Rex Ryan hire

YoloinOhio

Those who benefit least: OBB Bradham. He will now be expected to blitz, contribute on effective edge setting and be out of the mix. Occasionally pressed in to larger pass coverage roles to make up for blitzers.

Jerry Hughes or any DE will no longer be all go after the QB and be expected to occupy space on the DL

Kyle Williams same as above.

The TE unit. I've never seen a TE work in any Rex Ryan team and not sure Roman utilizes the TE unit well.

Those who benefit least: OBB Bradham. He will now be expected to blitz, contribute on effective edge setting and be out of the mix. Occasionally pressed in to larger pass coverage roles to make up for blitzers.

Agree with bottom three. Totally disagree on Bradham. He's going to be a beast in this defense. He was very good in coverage. He can shed blocks. Don't know why you think he can't blitz.

Agree with bottom three. Totally disagree on Bradham. He's going to be a beast in this defense. He was very good in coverage. He can shed blocks. Don't know why you think he can't blitz.

he can blitz. I'm aware but he is more valuable to this team covering because our front four don't need help with blitzers

Jerry Hughes or any DE will no longer be all go after the QB and be expected to occupy space on the DL

The TE unit. I've never seen a TE work in any Rex Ryan team and not sure Roman utilizes the TE unit well.

Bradham is a phenomenal cover LB...one of the best in the league by metrics

Bradham is a phenomenal cover LB...one of the best in the league by metrics

again, I understand this but its adding water to a river to bother having him blitz. He is much better for this team if he can play behind the LOS not in front of it.

did marrone really employ a zone blocking scheme?

yes. Many times players would pass by the guy over them to cover someone already double teamed and leave a man unblocked or against an OT which allowed outside blitzes and required Fred to block inside so much

roman had Vernon Davis to work with.

Really disagree on Bradham. I think he'll excel and we'll see similar growth from him in 2015 as we did this year.

Dustin Keller's 4 years with Jets: 375 targets, 213 receptions, 15 TDs, 2559 yards

Vernon Davis 4 years under Roman: 290 targets, 186 receptions, 26 TDs, 2435 yards (his numbers with Alex Smith QBing were better with the exception of the 13 TDs he had in a single season with Kap)

Scott Chandler's last 4 years: 271 targets, 181 receptions, 17 TDs, 2112 yards.

Keller was first or second in both targets and receptions all four seasons he was healthy.

again, I understand this but its adding water to a river to bother having him blitz. He is much better for this team if he can play behind the LOS not in front of it.

yes. Many times players would pass by the guy over them to cover someone already double teamed and leave a man unblocked or against an OT which allowed outside blitzes and required Fred to block inside so much

he can blitz? Yes. He can cover? Yes. If he's tackling the QB will it matter that he's not in coverage?

Rex put Aaron Maybin in position to get 6 sacks in one season. Read that again. I think he can utilize Jerry Hughes whose career just happened to catch fire in the Pettine/Rex scheme.

Buffalo Bills Who Benefit Most From Rex Ryan Hiring

http://billsmafia.com/2015/01/14/buffalo-bills-benefit-rex-ryan-hiring/

Doug Whaley and Russ Brandon. Big winners!

Rex Ryan immediately will take all the attention and focus off Whaley and Brandon. They couldn't be happier! The less people look at their record, the happier and more secure they will feel. Happy Days!

Is this normal? I had always thought you wanted smaller, quicker linemen for zone blocking. We have the heaviest line in the NFL.

Is this normal? I had always thought you wanted smaller, quicker linemen for zone blocking. We have the heaviest line in the NFL.

they used a zbs at times; it defied logic.

Is there a second half to that article that wasn't published? It leads into the player breakdowns by saying:

"Here at BillsMafia.com, we take a look at the winners and losers from the hires."

Then only talks about the winners.

j saw that too - I think the second part may be published later.