Article: Bills who benefit most from Rex Ryan hire

YoloinOhio

Those who benefit least: OBB Bradham. He will now be expected to blitz, contribute on effective edge setting and be out of the mix. Occasionally pressed in to larger pass coverage roles to make up for blitzers.

Jerry Hughes or any DE will no longer be all go after the QB and be expected to occupy space on the DL

Kyle Williams same as above.

The TE unit. I've never seen a TE work in any Rex Ryan team and not sure Roman utilizes the TE unit well.

The rookie that the jets had at te was on the all rookie team. also : Vernon Davis

The rookie that the jets had at te was on the all rookie team. also : Vernon Davis

Jace Amaro was raw but they did use him, along with Cumberland. Amaro has big upside.

Their QB play was so inconsistent and unreliable it was hard to tell who they were throwing to half the time.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Is this normal? I had always thought you wanted smaller, quicker linemen for zone blocking. We have the heaviest line in the NFL.

marrone and 2014 crew had a philosophy directly against their roster in every way. Lee smith over Goodwin/Williams etc

If they can, why do you expect blitzes?

Because Rex has always blitzed of course. Has Rex ever had a d-line with 3 pro bowlers? Honest question.

fair enough but I have a lot of questions about what the plan is and I am concerned with the future of Hughes and Bradham is for our team

Those who benefit least: OBB Bradham. He will now be expected to blitz, contribute on effective edge setting and be out of the mix. Occasionally pressed in to larger pass coverage roles to make up for blitzers.

Jerry Hughes or any DE will no longer be all go after the QB and be expected to occupy space on the DL

Kyle Williams same as above.

The TE unit. I've never seen a TE work in any Rex Ryan team and not sure Roman utilizes the TE unit well.

Funny Kyle Williams is actually Rex's favorite player.

marrone and 2014 crew had a philosophy directly against their roster in every way. Lee smith over Goodwin/Williams etcfair enough but I have a lot of questions about what the plan is and I am concerned with the future of Hughes and Bradham is for our team

If the defense is #1 like I expect with or without them it doesn't really matter.

The fact that Rex was able to get something out of Maybin, even though it wasn't much, shows me how good Rex is at putting his defensive players in position to succeed.

Edited by Beef Jerky

Funny Kyle Williams is actually Rex's favorite player.

If the defense is #1 like I expect with or without them it doesn't really matter.

The fact that Rex was able to get something out of Maybin, even though it wasn't much, shows me how good Rex is at putting his defensive players in position to succeed.

we all remember when he got the most out of Maybin. Six times. But how many times did it not work out? Maybin was exposed several times

Not dooming and glooming and Hughes is better then Maybin but this guy is not Saint

again, I understand this but its adding water to a river to bother having him blitz. He is much better for this team if he can play behind the LOS not in front of it.yes. Many times players would pass by the guy over them to cover someone already double teamed and leave a man unblocked or against an OT which allowed outside blitzes and required Fred to block inside so much

Like rex said. He's not going to fit a square peg into a round hole. Bradham will be used in coverage a good amount of time. The thing is, we now have 3 linebackers that are very good in coverage (unless browns play in coverage was a fluke last year). Kiko, Preston and Nigel can all cover. Kiko and Nigel can bring the blitz as can spikes in we resign him. Add in Lawson, who's best position is 3-4 OLB, and we have a nice group that rex can interchange play dependent. I love it.

We also have DBs that are effective blitzers. Pettine loved to bring DB blitzes. Lots of toys for rex to play with.

Interesting point in the article on Duke. He really held his own in the 2nd half and I'm wondering if his play may make searcy dispensable. Might be better off spending a little bit more on an OL and grab iupati as opposed to next years version of Chris Williams. Search gonna command 3-4 mill a year at least IMO. Wile the defense might ate a hit losing searcy, the OL would be shaping up into one of the best in the league. Food for though

marrone and 2014 crew had a philosophy directly against their roster in every way. Lee smith over Goodwin/Williams etc

fair enough but I have a lot of questions about what the plan is and I am concerned with the future of Hughes and Bradham is for our team

And that's fair to question what those players uses will be. Rex strikes me as a fairly honest guy and during the PC he said he wasn't going to fit a "square peg in a round hole". Do you think he won't know how to use Hughes, Bradham, et al correctly? His ass is on the line if he comes in and significantly changes the scheme and doesn't get the results

Doug Whaley and Russ Brandon. Big winners!

Rex Ryan immediately will take all the attention and focus off Whaley and Brandon. They couldn't be happier! The less people look at their record, the happier and more secure they will feel. Happy Days!

X2.

If Marrone didn't do us the favor of his opt out, both of those guys would be gone.

Brandon survives the Turk by helping Terry during a rough couple weeks.

did marrone really employ a zone blocking scheme?

The results would draw into question if he had a scheme at all. They also draw into question whether he and Whaley were on the same page about the line. The Bills drafted road graders and supposedly ran a scheme suited for different players? It is a wtf situation.