Trade for Mike Glennon?

If I were the Bills I would offer Tampa bay a fifth round pick this year for Mike Glennon. He has good size, a big arm and in 19 games has passed for 4025 yards 58.8% completion 29 TD's and only 15 INT's. Then have EJ and Glennon compete for the starting job. Between the two of them in a competition you should get one starter. I hope.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were the Bills I would offer Tampa bay a fifth round pick this year for Mike Glennon. He has good size, a big arm and in 19 games has passed for 4025 yards 58.8% completion 29 TD's and only 15 INT's. Then have EJ and Glennon compete for the starting job. Between the two of them in a competition you should get one starter. I hope.

Didn't we already have a couple threads with this exact same subject in the last couple of weeks?

So Bison, all that you say of Glennon is true. Also add that Tampa drafted him in the 3rd round 2 years ago.

Let's pretend that you're the Tampa Bay GM for a minute. You have 2 QB on your roster: Josh McCown, signed for 1 year at $5.2M with no dead money if you cut him, and Glennon, signed for 2 years at $600k/yr. Let's suppose you aren't sold on Glennon as your franchise boy and you plan to use that #1 pick on Winston or Mariota.

Every team needs at least 2 competent QB. Do you accept that offer of a 5th round pick? If so, why?

No, no, no, no. There are times when he goes whole halves not even being able to get a first down. His throws are pretty much all the same, 5/7 step drop and heave it. There really is little else to him. Wonky footwork, poor at reading defences and more inaccurate than EJ on those 5-20 yard routes that you need to complete to move the chains.

He is a big arm with a decent deep ball and little else.

that may be or not.

my apologies if I seemed a bit rude, but there have been all to many replace EJ threads. and many of then with hasbeens worse that the failure Orton!

I am hoping that if EJ is the guy that he completes between 63-65% of his passes, 3800 yards, 23 TDS & 12 INTs. I would be happy with something like that. Thoughts?

I am hoping that if EJ is the guy that he completes between 63-65% of his passes, 3800 yards, 23 TDS & 12 INTs. I would be happy with something like that. Thoughts?

Think Alex Smith under Greg Roman:

2009 (Before Roman) 11 games, completed 60 % of his passes, with 18 TDs, 12 INTs, and 81.5 Rating

2010 (Before Roman) 11 games, completed 59 % of his passes, with 14 TDs, 10 INTs, and 82.1 Rating

2011 (With Roman) 18 games, completed 61% of his passes, with 22 TDs, 5 INTs, and 92.1 Rating

2012 (With Roman) 9 games, completed 70% of his passes, with 13 TDs, 5 INTs, and 100.4 Rating

Why???? Have you see him play this year? He is the main reason why they have the 1st pick.

How so? He only started 6 games, of which they won 1 and lost 2 by less than a TD.

Two of the losses were Atlanta (played pretty well) and Baltimore (blowout).

He didn't set the world on fire, but he wasn't a "dumpster fire" either.

That said, I think there would be call for beheading if Whaley traded EJ for a 5th or a 5th and a 7th right now, even if we are bringing in a QB we expect to be better.

Same likely in Tampa. It's not enough to have one QB unless he's named Brady or Manning and is officially protected by the League.

Edited by Hopeful

Think Alex Smith under Greg Roman:

2009 (Before Roman) 11 games, completed 60 % of his passes, with 18 TDs, 12 INTs, and 81.5 Rating

2010 (Before Roman) 11 games, completed 59 % of his passes, with 14 TDs, 10 INTs, and 82.1 Rating

2011 (With Roman) 18 games, completed 61% of his passes, with 22 TDs, 5 INTs, and 92.1 Rating

2012 (With Roman) 9 games, completed 70% of his passes, with 13 TDs, 5 INTs, and 100.4 Rating

It's exciting to dream that Roman would push up EJ's QB rating 10 to 20 points.

But what did Roman accomplish with Kaep this year?

Although I do believe that Glennon is better than anything we have at the moment, I do not believe he is a fit for what Roman would like to do. It's one thing for a coordinator to work with what he has and to step outside his comfort zone and work around the attributes of the talents on hand, it's another to thing to specifically target a player that you would have to do all those things.

It's exciting to dream that Roman would push up EJ's QB rating 10 to 20 points.

But what did Roman accomplish with Kaep this year?

Not sure if that is a fair argument. Why not list 2012 and 2013 as well and look at all three years. If so, you would see between Alex Smith and Kap that in four out of the five years the QB's progressed. 80% QB progression rate, not bad.