Who's your favorite non Buffalo Bill football player ever?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am gonna go Merlin Olsen. What a badazz... And he was gr8 in the FTD flower ads, Father Murphy, and brought the house down in Little House on The Prairie. LoL...

LoL... I just asked my wife if she knew who Merlin Olsen was... She said: "Of course! Little House on The Prairie!!" Didn't even know he kicked azz as one the best defensive tackles to ever play the game. HoF, part of the "Fearsome Foursome."

Now that's fame! To become more famous that what made you famous... Covered all the demographics!

Of the past, Roger Staubach. Served his country. Present, Aaron Rodgers. Class act.

Also, did you know that Staubach is the richest football player of all-time. He's made the most money in his lifetime than any other player... And has them beat by a mile, even with today's escalated salaries!

I am gonna go Merlin Olsen. What a badazz... And he was gr8 in the FTD flower ads, Father Murphy, and brought the house down in Little House on The Prairie. LoL...

LoL... I just asked my wife if she knew who Merlin Olsen was... She said: "Of course! Little House on The Prairie!!" Didn't even know he kicked azz as one the best defensive tackles to ever play the game. HoF, part of the "Fearsome Foursome."

Now that's fame! To become more famous that what made you famous... Covered all the demographics!

Also, did you know that Staubach is the richest football player of all-time. He's made the most money in his lifetime than any other player... And has them beat by a mile, even with today's escalated salaries!

To be fair, the same could be said about OJ. The Hertz Commercials, and the acting. And also that little legal fiasco he had back in the '90..

To be fair, the same could be said about OJ. The Hertz Commercials, and the acting. And also that little legal fiasco he had back in the '90..

Yeah, but Merlin was the "anti-OJ." Nothing dubious about his fame. Most people know OJ played ball. My wife is 47 years old and never even knew Olsen played football until I told her today, let alone in the HoF, and was one of the toughest & feared players to ever play the game. Quite the opposite that he portrayed and acted in real life, humble, gentle, and mild. One of the biggest reasons he's my favorite non-Bill, heck any player! And he had a long 15 year career during one of the most physically demanding eras in football. You got douchebags like OJ that rot in prison while fine men like Olsen pass away! :-(

Canadian!!!!

CBF

"A growing number of Canadians are entering the NFL, including a record-setting four Canadians selected in 2014 Draft. TSN.ca keeps track of all the Canadians playing down south, including this year's draftees and undrafted free agents."

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/canadians-in-the-nfl-1.85158

Barry Sanders - Most exciting player I've ever seen. Perhaps the best RB ( and certainly better than Emmitt.)

Steve McNair - Underrated QB who never got the credit he deserved. Just a competitor.

Steve Young - I consider him to be the best QB I've ever seen. And yeah, I've watched plenty of Montana, Brady and Peyton.

Ronnie Lott - Used to lay the lumber in a way we'll never see again.

Mike Singletary - Never took a play off. Like ever.

If forced to pick one I'd go Barry. I still marvel at the things he did.