Trade Bryce Brown & make a run for FA Mark Ingram.

Tipster19

This! Bryce had very little playing time last year. FORGET THE FUMBLE already. Give this guy some touches, and I think he will be much more productive the Spiller (IMHO).

that fumble cost us the playoffs. I don't like the way he is careless with football. Brown is nowhere as explosive as spiller. The only role I like brown in is a third down back, that is, if he can hold onto the football

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trade Bradham and/or Kiko??!!! If that were EVER happened then I would have to seriously question any further alligence to this organization and I have been a die hard for over 4 decades! These are 2 of the best things/players that has happened for us in a long, long time! Omg, I'm heaving just thinking of this idea!

As far as Gore goes I could be all in on this suggestion, especially the working relationship with Roman. Not only is Gore a champion RB but his heart is as big, if not bigger than anyone on this whole roster and that includes Fred, who I happen to admire very much.

Gore is still a force in the backfield. I think Harbaugh gave him the opportunity to prove he can still do it in those last 2 games once the Niners were eliminated, and Gore ripped off 2 150 yard games. Not many RBs who don't miss a single game in 3 years. I wouldn't want to give much guaranteed money to an old RB, but I'm guessing he and Roman work well together, and that Gore would be happy to be coached by Roman again.

1) Multiple posters tried to tell me before the season he was better than Spiller. He isn't.

2) Rbs are so easy to find. There will be another Brown in the draft in the 4th or later in every draft.

I haven't been super impressed with either guy. I think you keep Freddie as long as he can play as a third down back pinch hitter but need to address rb with a third or fourth pick. Thinking a short thick beast type back like Lacy.

If Bryce Brown gets 1,200 - 1,400 yds this year. is it still a stupid trade?

He couldn't even crack the starting line up. How does that happen in 15. Chip Kelly does not trade good productive players, but yea when he gets 1400 yards on any team or league it will be a great trade.Considering there were games he was inactive last season.

He couldn't even crack the starting line up. How does that happen in 15. Chip Kelly does not trade good productive players, but yea when he gets 1400 yards on any team or league it will be a great trade.Considering there were games he was inactive last season.

Yes if I learned anything from last year it is see what Doug Marrone does and do the opposite.

Can't believe this is a serious proposition. Sure Fred is aging, and Bryce is unproven thus far. But let's keep in mind that this is all in an offense with no OL to create holes and running lanes, in an offensive scheme formulated by a premature OC stifled by an HC meddling in concepts beyond his reasoning. I doubt any RB in the league this year would have succeeded in our offense with our line. And have you forgotten we still have Boobie Dixon? A two/three down back (like Ingram), in an offense with an OC he knows VERY WELL, for cheap money. In addition, we have Spiller returning (possibly) with Bryce Brown. We don't need to make any RB moves this offseason, just OL. OL for dayzzz.

• 1 month later...

If we don't re-sign Spiller, and nothing so far tells me that we are, then I don't want the Bills using a draft pick on a RB, we're already down on a pick. I'd rather see the Bills spend money than a valuable draft pick for a RB. Besides Ingram is young AND experienced in the NFL. It would be a great way to replace a 1st rd RB with another 1st rder, instead of just letting another RB walk away for nothing, which we have been doing so traditionally. If we kept Brown then I would like to see him as a insurance policy/change of pace/3rd down RB type of role. I don't think Ingram would cost as much as everyone fears (5-6 M?). Sh!t, we're willing to pay that for washed out back up QBs that don't even want to play here! I would think that this would be a more attractive situation to Ingram than the Saints, Fred being close to done, Rex's ground-n-pound philosophy etc etc. Don't forget that the Saints are a bit cash strapped and structuring a more lucrative contract should be easier for us than for them. Keep in mind that SOMEBODY is going to sign him, why can't it be us??!!! Lord knows we have the need.

Edited by Tipster19

I don't have a link, but I thought I read Ingram was looking at a market of 3-5 mil. If I find it I'll edit my post

I hope you're right, it makes it even more desirable to get this guy. I guess that I was too generous with Kim and Terry's money!