OSU's Cardale Jones considering NFL jump

Punch

Cardale announcing his decision at 3pm today at his HS in Cleveland. First day of recruiting contact period and urban has been with him all day.

99.9% sure he is going to declare.

Well - thanks for the title Cardale and good luck!

He's 22, has a child, grew up with nothing, and isn't Urban's guy. It's JT's world and he knows it.

@AlbertBreer: And from Cardale Jones himself ... RT @CJ12_ Life changing decision at 3pm

Then he's declaring. If he is staying, it's life stays the same decision. ;)

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cardale announcing his decision at 3pm today at his HS in Cleveland. First day of recruiting contact period and urban has been with him all day.

He's 22, has a child, grew up with nothing, and isn't Urban's guy. It's JT's world and he knows it.

@AlbertBreer: And from Cardale Jones himself ... RT @CJ12_ Life changing decision at 3pm

I love this because if nothing else it's a great story to follow leading up to the Draft... B-)

@AlbertBreer: And from Cardale Jones himself ... RT @CJ12_ Life changing decision at 3pm 😁

That's the right decision. Even though I would love to watch him shred defenses next year on his way to the Heisman, he's doing the right thing. I guess that the will have to fall back on the single season TD leader in BIG 10 history or the 2 time BIG 10 player of the year. The good thing for a team with QB questions is that they have a solid running game in Zeke :).

Well, I now have an answer to the question that so many defenders of the Watkins trade have asked: "Which potential franchise QB would you have wanted the Bills to draft at number 19 this year?" I doubt he's going to be available at 50. His ceiling is too high and there are too many QB-desperate teams. And I suspect he's going to kill all the pre-draft stuff.

That's the right decision. Even though I would love to watch him shred defenses next year on his way to the Heisman, he's doing the right thing. I guess that the will have to fall back on the single season TD leader in BIG 10 history or the 2 time BIG 10 player of the year. The good thing for a team with QB questions is that they have a solid running game in Zeke :).

We have 4 heisman candidates

Braxton

JT (face it, one will get hurt)

Zeke

BOSA

I agree with this being the right decision for him. He has the chance right now. No guarantees going forward. Hell he could end up as the backup and not see the field again.

Well, I now have an answer to the question that so many defenders of the Watkins trade have asked: "Which potential franchise QB would you have wanted the Bills to draft at number 19 this year?" I doubt he's going to be available at 50. His ceiling is too high and there are too many QB-desperate teams. And I suspect he's going to kill all the pre-draft stuff.

Here's my question though, with what really amounts to a 3 game career and reports of a horrendous showing in spring practices which led to his demotion, which Cardale do you get? Do you risk drafting him fairly high or no?

So, with Whaley saying that there is "no doubt" that they will be drafting a QB in the 2nd or 3rd (or whatever those comments were), is Cardale our guy?!?

they asked him about him in the interview on WGR today. He said he likes to have more of a resume. But in this case he would need to spend more time on interviewing, etc without it. He couldn't say much because he says he could be fined for talking about kids who haven't declared.