OSU's Cardale Jones considering NFL jump

Punch

Sounds to me like he was told he would be a fourth round pick.

That's about where I would have put him. Lack of film, like Whaley said, has got to drop you quite a bit. I know people here were taking 2/3 round, I just don't think you spend a 2nd rounder on an unknown. 2nd round is for starters still.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True. But it gives other teams time to figure him out. And what if he isn't the starter next year.

he had info from nfl sources that said he wouldn't go as high as he wants to. Why not come back? If he's good enough he will start. And if he's good enough to make it in the nfl his stock will go up, not down.

My guess is Urban already knows Braxton is transferring and it's just him and JT. Urban loves JT but he has 3 yrs of eligibility so lots of time left.

Not that it's original at all...but that's nearly word-for-word what I had posted in the shoutbox when it happened. I wonder is Sal is a lurker? :ph34r:

That was funny!

Btw this is not the first time a OSU player has held a press conf to announce they were coming back to school. Just the first time espn decided to cover it.

he had info from nfl sources that said he wouldn't go as high as he wants to. Why not come back? If he's good enough he will start. And if he's good enough to make it in the nfl his stock will go up, not down.

My guess is Urban already knows Braxton is transferring and it's just him and JT. Urban loves JT but he has 3 yrs of eligibility so lots of time left.

I don't care that he decided to come back. Why announce you are having a PC just to say i am staying and then blame others for making it "A big deal"

True. But it gives other teams time to figure him out. And what if he isn't the starter next year.

Agree. It seems like that's what happened to Jake Locker when he was at Washington. It costed him millions. Everyone will be gunning for him next year. Looking for weaknesses and exploiting them and don't bother telling me he won't have any.

Edited by seq004

Where was all the concern about Dak Prescott for holding a press conference to announce his return yesterday?

This is what kids do, this time everyone cares apparently.

At worst, he trolled the media who used his situation as a talking point for content ... Which is pretty funny

Agree. It seems like that's what happened to Jake Locker when he was at Washington. It costed him millions. Everyone will be gunning for him next year. Looking for weaknesses and exploiting them and don't bother telling me he won't have any.

Jake Locker was an idiot for a different reason. He had a chance to come out under the old CBA and be a top 10 pick. He came back and was still a top 10 pick but under the new rookie wage scale.

I think he would be in a much better place a year from now if he was coached by professionals whose livelihood depended on him getting better. School will be there regardless when he was ready to go back.

Because really, the only reason to go back to school at this point is to make more money as a football player. Nothing high and mighty about it.

I think he would be in a much better place a year from now if he was coached by professionals whose livelihood depended on him getting better. School will be there regardless when he was ready to go back.

Because really, the only reason to go back to school at this point is to make more money as a football player. Nothing high and mighty about it.

ok. So two years ago Cardale Jones was criticized for belittling his education. Today he's criticized for pursuing it. Got it.

he said he is staying to get his degree.

I am sure he thinks he can improve his stock as well

Cardale Jones "Coach Ginn and Coach Meyer got info on me from sources they trust"

I assumed that meant he learned from his coaches (who heard from others) that his draft position wasn't as good now as it would be next year, not the importance of getting his degree.