OSU's Cardale Jones considering NFL jump

Punch

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000457298/article/what-we-learned-osus-cardale-jones-considering-nfl-jump

"I'm not going to say 'definitely,'" Jones said. "(The NFL) is something that I'll consider. My most important focus is getting my degree."

According to friends of mine who follow the OSU program intently, that is most certainly NOT Cardale's most important focus.

I don't blame him. Scouts are saying he could be the 4th QB picked. But I think what he needs more than anything is experience. He should come back and would be much more prepared. I don't care how much he works with a QB coach off the field, etc. Nothing can replace game experience. He would be much better off coming back to set him up for a longer term career.

Though Jones is the better NFL prospect, Barrett is the best fit for Urban's system of the 3 QBs and its fine with me if he goes.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I think he needs to play college ball for one year and get some more experience. Seeing as how that will prolly not happen at Ohio State, he needs to go to a FCS School, like maybe one here in Richmond VA, one in whichh I own season tickets!

I think if he comes back, he will start. Barrett has 3 more years of eligibility, and not really an nfl prospect (but awesome college QB)

According to friends of mine who follow the OSU program intently, that is most certainly NOT Cardale's most important focus.

He tweeted once that classes were pointless since they were there to play football. So yeah, that statement was odd, unless he truly has matured.

No doubt. He said it most eloquently; "we ain't come to play SCHOOL, classes are POINTLESS". Anyone know waht his degree is? Hard to find.

Anyway, with that 3 game resume, he's ready.

Edited by Mr. WEO

I dont believe we are allowed to link bleacher report articles but here is a quote from one on this topic:

"He has to go back,'' said Phil Savage, executive director of the Senior Bowl. Savage is also the former general manager of the Cleveland Browns and director of player personnel for the Baltimore Ravens. "Jones would be a midround developmental candidate at best.''

I was able to watch all three of his games and I think that kid is a real gamer. His pocket presence is great - much better than EJs. His mobility is great - better than EJ. He is BIG like Roethelsburger. He has a huge arm - better than EJ. Accuracy looks decent, he completes big throws that are completions in college but would likely be defended by tighter coverage in the NFL. Its impossible to tell how well he was reading defenses with the TV angle but it did appear to me that he went deep with his passes when he could and that he found his check down routes when he was under pressure.

IMO this is the type of guy a team really should take a flyer on. Physically, he is a beast.

I think that coming out is definitely in Cardale's best interest. He has all of the physical tools and will be off of the board by the end of the 2nd. There isn't a lot of tape on him to be picked apart like Matt Barkley for example. He should come out and just workout at his pro day. What he has out there now is the tape of a pro QB. He's kinda Ben and kinda Culpepper. Let some team draft him on his potential.